say no to 0845 numbers

Comments

• adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,805
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Dear Savvy_Sue & All

Sorry for my ignorance. Let say My standard mobile phone PAYG call to Land line number is £.30 per minute during the day.

If I am using the same mobile to call to O845, 0870 is there any different in charge, if there is no specific answer just in general how much more do I need to pay ?.

Thank You
    Adindas

Savvy_Sue wrote: »
    I fear that's absolutely impossible to answer. It would depend on your network (Orange, 3 etc), and your 'plan' - even on PAYG that can vary.

Costs may be on your network's website?
  • Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    adindas wrote: »
    If I am using the same mobile to call to O845, 0870 is there any different in charge, if there is no specific answer just in general how much more do I need to pay ?
    As explained, there's no way of telling without knowing what network you are with and what kind of plan they have you on, and even then there would be guesswork involved.

Best to ask your network; maybe start by checking their website.
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,816
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    carlos64 wrote: »
    Can I make it quite clear that nowadays the problem lies with the 0844 and 0871 nos. and not with the 0845 and 0870 nos. I run a small business and chose an 0845 no. as this enables customers to call me at a cheap rate and enables me to provide an easily memorable no. for my customers. I am also aware that 0845 and 0870 nos. are often included in free call packages, from BT for example.

Can I suggest that we change the title of this thread from 'Say no to 0845' to 'say no to 0844'.

There is still a call charge of at least 4 p per minute plus a connection fee and the retailer gets a cut of this so it is still revenue generated.

i always get an alternative number as i make most of my calls in with my Sky package, after 7pm so a generic number is free where a 0845 number can be very expensive.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • First does anyone know what's happened to saynoto0870 last couple of days - it was working fine last week, then since yesterday I just cant get it? Sometimes I get a bunce front page, othertimes timeout.

And I agree with those recent posts, the point is that most service providers nowadays give you 'free' landline (& most mobile operators also give free mobile) calls as part of a call package however 0845/0870/0844 etc are all charged for.

So it's really frustrating to have to pay to call my bank, utility company etc. when that could be free - esp. as someone said, when you spend 10 mins in a queue.

To carlos64 I would say by all means have an 0845 for customers who dont get 'free' calls, but also publish your landline for those who do - that, i believe is all we are asking!
  • Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    JoMax wrote: »
    First does anyone know what's happened to saynoto0870 last couple of days - it was working fine last week, then since yesterday I just cant get it? Sometimes I get a bunce front page, othertimes timeout.
    It's working as usual for me right now.
  • pollypenny
    pollypenny Posts: 29,392
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I've just been on saynoto0870, looking up a Cotton Traders number.

0845 and 0870 are free with Talktalk (checked my bill), but watch out for 0844 and 0871
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
  • babyj3
    babyj3 Posts: 586 Forumite
    pollypenny wrote: »
    I've just been on saynoto0870, looking up a Cotton Traders number.

0845 and 0870 are free with Talktalk (checked my bill), but watch out for 0844 and 0871
    I am with talk talk and when I e-mailed them to ask if 0845/0870 are included in my package I was told No I would have to pay- I have talktalk international anytime package and pay £22+ per month so begrudge paying for calls and will e-mail rather than phone if there isn't a landline or freephone number
    I am not a beige person:D
  • pollypenny
    pollypenny Posts: 29,392
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Maybe it's just with the old Tiscali, then. But mine are definitely free!
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
  • TalkTalk
    TalkTalk Posts: 1,948
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Organisation Representative
    Hi babyj3,

The package you are on (TalkTalk international anytime) does not include free 0845/0870. 0845/0870 are included as part of the package with TalkTalk Essentials or TalkTalk Pro.

If you do wish these to be included as part of your package then you can change to TalkTalk Essentials or TalkTalk Pro. Details of these prices can be found on the TalkTalk website.

Regards

Nathan
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Talk Talk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • am looking for aternative number to 08447734855
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport