Great What/What Not to Buy at Lidl, Aldi and Netto Hunt

Comments

• EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,299 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Some of our finds today at Lidl.....

Mozarella cheese - 49p
    Carton of Passata (Italian made so decent) 29p
    Trays of "posh" cat food (single serve type) 20p each (Madam loves these!)
    Rice noodles - 49p
    Big lump of Permesan cheese - £2.78 (I reckoned this would have been somewhere close to £4 in Tesco)
    Packets of seeds for the garden @ 29p each

I'll be heading back there for certain next time I need parmesan - there were lots of other cheeses there to try that looked rather interesting too, as well as some gorgeous looking salami's and smoked sausages.
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • BexTech
    BexTech Posts: 4,772 Forumite
    stamford wrote: »
    Thanks for the info S - I think you are being a bit harsh ;) on Aldi calling it a rip off ! - £1.43/litre for 5% lager isn't bad in my book think what the rest of the supermarkets charge for chemical swill like Stella or Kronenbourg

Carling has to be the worst tasting lager that's sold in the UK.
    It's PAC not PAC Code, it's MAC not MAC Code, it's PIN not PIN Number, it's ATM not ATM Machine, it's LCD not LCD Display, it's DVD not DVD disc... It's no one not noone, It's a lot not alot, It's got not gotten... Panini is the plural of panino - there is no S!!
    (OK my English isn't great, the sciences, maths & IT are my strong points!)
  • Horace
    Horace Posts: 14,426 Forumite
    I like Lidl's breakfast flakes with dried strawberries, raspberries and cherries - they taste just like Special K Summer Fruits but at half the price.
  • stamford
    stamford Posts: 5,175 Forumite
    Aldi Charcoal Briquettes £2.29 / 5kg - bargain
  • mrs_scrooge
    mrs_scrooge Posts: 198 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    There was a selection of food from Italy at my Lidl today. Very attractive bottles of extra virgin olive oil containing pink peppercorns, rosemary, oregano, bay leaves, chillies etc £2.99. Gift for foodies or display and use? Also risotto rice with dried porcini mushrooms, veg or asparagus £1.29 and jars of cherries £2.99.

Half price veg today included lovely large aubergines for 44p each.
  • Has anyone tried Aldi's range of suntan lotions? It's in the store this week and very competitively priced compared to the big brands - £2.99 for 250ml.
  • B33fy
    B33fy Posts: 173 Forumite
    Lidl - Knights Sweet Chilli crisps, far nicer and a lot cheaper than Walkers Sensations 99p 175g

Aldi - Moser Roth Dark Chocolate 85% Cocoa superb 99p for 5x25g bars and Moser Roth Milk Chocolate Caramel, the caramel is in tiny crispy pieces within the chocolate delicious
  • sukysue
    sukysue Posts: 1,823 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Lidl -Knights bombay mix gorgeous.
    xXx-Sukysue-xXx
  • barginunter
    barginunter Posts: 1,253 Forumite
    neelix16 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried Aldi's range of suntan lotions? It's in the store this week and very competitively priced compared to the big brands - £2.99 for 250ml.

Yes I have - it's fine.
  • wolfehouse
    wolfehouse Posts: 1,394 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    aldi -sweet vine dried fruit (tropical, apricots and raisen varieties available)
    125 gram bags for under 50p (can't remember exactly). yum.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure