Merlin Pass ( theme parks etc ) - can I get it cheaper ??

Have just asked a question on the Tescos voucher thread re this, but if I can't get it through Tescos, does anyone know if I can get a Merlin 12 month family pass ( theme park entrance etc ) cheaper than the £330 that it is until the end of this month ? or even just some cashback from a cashback site, just trying to cut the price a bit if I can possibly
Thanks in advance x
Comping again - wins so far : 2 V festival tix, 2 NFL tix, 6 bottles of wine, personalised hand soap, Aussie miracle conditioner :beer:

Married my best friend 15/4/16 :)

Comments

• Igottawii!!
    Igottawii!! Posts: 350 Forumite
    AFAIK there is no way of getting anything off the price other than through Tesco vouchers UNLESS you already hold passes that have just expired then you can get a renewal for a reduced cost if you renew within 28 days.
  • Thanks a lot, it will be a great saving anyway, as have had such a dull year - 18 months ), not going anywhere, due to paying stuff off, want to get a pass, so we can have a bit of fun, once Daddy is back from Sea ( sent to make more money ! ) It's a pain, I don't shop in Tescos:o
    Comping again - wins so far : 2 V festival tix, 2 NFL tix, 6 bottles of wine, personalised hand soap, Aussie miracle conditioner :beer:

• barnabee
    barnabee Posts: 1,210 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    You could save a few pounds by buying individual passes on EBay. There are a few on BIN, perhaps you could even make an offer.
  • Thanks have just been looking, thing is family pass is £330 or would need to buy 4 individul ones & don't think I'd save much?? will have another look;)

• mumtoj_2
    mumtoj_2 Posts: 22 Forumite
    It maybe a bit late to get points for may mailing if you want to buy these through tesco but best way to boost points without spending in tesco is to recycle ink cartridges and phones (check website there is a limit) however this does take time so as I said probabaly too late for May.
  • My friend wrote a cracking post about racking up Tesco points quicker as to get an annual pass for free on an Alton Towers fansite forum but its server is down at the mo - oops!

One alternative tip (but not 100%!) is to try and buy some super cheap/freebie tickets (look here maybe, also mentions a Nectar offer for annual passes) to one of the theme parks covered. Go to the park, collect your tickets and head into the park. If the ticket you are given at the gate says its a full price ticket, or you find one on the floor (not nice, I know), you can claim the full cost of entrance (£35 *) against the cost of an annual pass at the ticket office. I know that this is the case at Alton Towers as I did this once (I was also renewing an expired individual pass, so got double discount, so to speak :D)

* and maybe more if you are getting a family pass - possibly up to £118 if it works for each member of the family who have a valid full price ticket that they may or may not have bought themselves!
  • Harrietxxx
    Harrietxxx Posts: 900 Forumite
    You could buy tesco clubcard vouchers on ebay for about double their face value and ask the seller to convert them into the correct vouchers for a Merlin Pass.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure