Ultimate Challenge. 457 days / £16600!!!

Comments

• .....even more exciting my debt is actually £15,211. This drop my daily average to £34 a month.. every little helps..
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • Good luck!!...well done for being so positive...with that attitude you will certainly do it!!

xx
  • Thanks Butterfly... onwards and upwards!
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • You will get new shoes some day don't worry - until then tesco carrier bags work a treat...

I have my limits... At least class it up with Waitrose bags :-)
    CC1 = [STRIKE]£10,323[/STRIKE] £8,200
    CC2 = [STRIKE]£8,437[/STRIKE] £0
    Loan = [STRIKE]£3200[/STRIKE] £0
    Total = [STRIKE]£21,960[/STRIKE] £8,200

£10/day challenge: £10
  • chickadee
    chickadee Posts: 1,447
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi there, you sound like a very positive person. You're already very motivated I can see. I just wanted to pop in to say I'll be following your thread with interest. I'm thankfully through that stage myself, but I have been there, not to the same level, but it wasn't good.

One of the things I'm sure will motivate you is to get the smaller debts out of the way quickly, then you can concentrate on the others. Have you checked with your bike loan company that you are able to make extra payments without a penalty? If not, you might be better putting the funds into savings and still paying at the same rate to avoid a penalty. I'd hate to see your hard-earned cash going to pay an early repayment penalty.

The other thing is to put as little as possible onto the credit card, as the interest rates are spectacular. I would definitely put all of my efforts into repaying this as the interest will probably be much more than the bike loan interest. Rule is, pay off the higher interest rate debts first, so you aren't increasing your debt with interest if possible.

Your progress with the extra income is encouraging. I really need a clear-out as well but Ebay is a pet hate of mine. I have made cash on it over the years though but I'm really lazy about listing things.

Why not pop over to the old-style board for food inspiration?

Well done on a good start, keep it up!
    Sealed Pot Challenge #8 £341.90
    Sealed Pot Challenge #9 £162.98
    Sealed Pot Challenge #10 £33.10
    Sealed Pot Challenge #11 Member #36
  • This is SO long ..very sorry people...
    One of the things I'm sure will motivate you is to get the smaller debts out of the way quickly, then you can concentrate on the others
    . You are right with the smaller debts. These are the ones I am getting rid of next month as I have overtime coming in. Overdraft and The Ex will be paid off together.:jThen I concentrate on the larger ones!
    Have you checked with your bike loan company that you are able to make extra payments without a penalty? If not, you might be better putting the funds into savings and still paying at the same rate to avoid a penalty. I'd hate to see your hard-earned cash going to pay an early repayment penalty.
    I have checked with them ( Nationwide ) and already set up a system whereby I can transfer whatever extra funds I have available each month without being penalized ( basically using the account number and sort code of my loan account ). I didn't want to up my base payment (£134) just in case I hit a rough month. I intend to transfer equal amounts as of January to rid myself of it by the end of June! This monthly payment will jump to £460 ( ish ) per month in order to be rid by the end of June...
    The other thing is to put as little as possible onto the credit card, as the interest rates are spectacular. I would definitely put all of my efforts into repaying this as the interest will probably be much more than the bike loan interest. Rule is, pay off the higher interest rate debts first, so you aren't increasing your debt with interest if possible.
    The CC is already nearly full up again and the only down side is needing it for bike repairs / damage etc. This will also be paid off and full up in November as well - HOWEVER I will need to use it to pay my motorbike insurance for the year as monthly payments add on another £160. I am saving / earning extra from then until now ( God bless Ebay ) and might be able to fill that deficit and not use the CC. Its gonna be about £570 and what I can't get hold of may come from the bank of Mum and Dad - but that's one route I like to avoid even if it means a month of interest on the CC.
    Your progress with the extra income is encouraging. I really need a clear-out as well but Ebay is a pet hate of mine. I have made cash on it over the years though but I'm really lazy about listing things.
    I managed to make £350 in the space of a month when I wanted a new camera a few years back. I am planning to be quite ruthless as I mentioned above in actually selling a beloved unworn gorgeous vintage number... someone will buy it I am sure!..:o

Maybe I cheated a bit by being all over this site before posting.. thank you for your advise though. My largest loan I have yet to check on regarding repayment. I KNOW I got written into the contract that I can pay back each month as much as I want however I am not sure if they want a fixed monthly payment or whether I can do a top-up payment like Nationwide when some months are tight. ( This one will jump from £297 per month to £712 ish ) - bearing in mind my parents half own this loan and pay me £140 each month. I still don't want my self employed Dad giving me anything - he works too hard...

Anyway this one is not being touched until January either and I go home to Northern Ireland in a week so can talk to bank them face to face and make sure I know whats what... I got a few extra privileges as I have banked there since I was 10yrs old :A and my parents and brother bank at the same branch - small town etc...

So there you go... I just need to earn around £700 more per month to be comfortable.. this means overtime at work which is not always guaranteed unfortunately...:(:(:(:(

So ebay it is....
  • So my little update for the day... I am on day 3 of the NSD. Had to buy passport photos for a per-arranged ID card I need - does this count. Otherwise I have food all packed for the day ( two meals as it's gonna be a LONG day )... posted a £5 jacket someone bought on Ebay this morning along with just over £5 to a dvd buy back website..

Was ruthless with my books last night and scored £53 on Amazon.....just need to package them and get rid of them although their October offer is giving me another £5 on top of that..... still awaiting FatBrain money to come through - apparently it takes two weeks... no worries. I am patient..

Photographed another few items for Ebay including some beloved tea-cups.... Now have at least 10 items to list although at work until very very late so will have to do them before work tomorrow...

Ooooh I love this money making shizzle...
  • NinjaSavingKat
    NinjaSavingKat Posts: 3,382
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 4 October 2012 at 6:38PM
    Never sure if people are reading here but posting make me feel little beady eyes are keeping track of me - makes me worker harder and not spending anything!

So I shall post an update.. Fat-Brain have credited me with about £12.45 / two items posted and paid for on eBay £13.89 / the BT cheque is £7.54 .. so I have a guaranteed = £33.88. Which is hitting and smashing my £5 a day challenge for October.

Non-guarateed / Vouchers comes from Amazon - £49.03. ( ISBN checked, boxed and ready to go on Monday ). Its just such a shame this is in vouchers and not cash.

I found a wandering £10.72 in one of my nationwide accounts that will be added to the above aforementioned £33.88 to make a whopping great £44.58 to be sent to my CC.

HOWEVER.. I am awaiting the "no insertion fee" for Ebay although I heard a rumor of "only pay if you sell" possibly being offered now.. i need to get these listed and hitting a 10 day listing to avoid my hols back to see the penny-pinching mother in Ireland next week...so at least something is "on the go" whilst I am gone!

I have a set of beautiful tea-cups that I am going to list for £25 ( free postage ) .. bit ambitious but someone might want them for a vintage themed wedding / party etc. This includes the dress I would like to list for £150 which will break my heart but I will remain strong..:( this is why I want a free insertion weekend as I NEED to put up 12 pictures etc..

But there you go. I have a SPA weekend in central London courtesy of a very wonderful girlfriend with free board and lodgings for two nights and a full SPA day on Saturday..:T:T:T:T

So there you go...
  • Heffi1
    Heffi1 Posts: 1,291
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi I have subscribed to follow you on your journey, you are doing well and I am a little jealous of the spa day you have planned I hope you have a nice time.
    :) Been here for a long time and don't often post
  • NinjaSavingKat
    NinjaSavingKat Posts: 3,382
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 4 October 2012 at 8:12PM
    Ahhh Heffi1 don't be jealous.... its only up the road from work so not a complete holiday... and I have to get up at 0500 tomorrow for work and spend £18:(:(:( on a rail card cause I can't bring my motorbike.... then wait until 2000 for my friends to arrive.. think I might have a snooze and watch some mind-numbing TV..........( its all lies I am gonna be all over MSE instead )..

However I do intend to wallow like a hippo on Saturday in their pool...

I am thinking though - how do I recoup the £18 which dashes my already hard earned monetary funds - along with the money desperately required for a b/wax...:(:(:(

I have budgeted £150 for this weekend which I now feel is WAY too much...despite the travel tomorrow morning there wont be any need to buy an evening meal - as my friends are arriving late and wrecked I am hoping we can avoid a sit down dinner and just get a pizza - thus not stretching to the £50 allocated for the day....

Saturday is unfortunately a day "out and about" in the evening following the SPA'ing... I don't drink and have strict rules about not wasting my money on alcohol for other people so ALWAYS buy my own drinks... so if its just food and a travel card I could easily stay under the £50 ( and I have a TasteCard free for a 60 day trial that arrived today ) without being a drag on my friends ( there is only three of us doing this )...

Sunday is intending to be a shopping day but one of my little friends is worse off that me and in denial awaiting a pay out from a dead Grannies estate - which is looking to be a lot less than she expected - which means we may not shop until we drop - although I certainly wont..

So fingers crossed I can come home with some change from this £150 - which was planned months ago ....

Just about to leave work in next 30 minutes... 4th NSD DOWN...:T:T:T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure