Fredrickson International Limited ?

Morning all,got a question for you,one of our debts is with the dreaded MBNA for 8500,MBNA have not issued a default notice yet and keep trying to get us to settle on a full and final before they do :confused: don't know where they think the money will come from?
Anyway,this morning got a letter from Fredrickson Int.Ltd,saying that by an agreement dated 20th December 2006 (thought we were still in Sep):confused: MBNA assigned above debt to the Fairmile Partnership 4 LLP who susequently assigned the debt to Cyclone Asset Management Ltd and they are now the legal owner of the debt.
To avoid proceedings you must pay in FULL or complete the attatched direct debit.
Won't be able to get hold of Payplan til Mon,now I'm worried.If I fill in the DD they no mention of how much they want to take,and MBNA have not defaulted the account,we spoke to them last week they made no mention of any of this.Is this a scam to get bank details? :confused:
Any experience of these people PLEASE :A
Debt at highest £102k :eek:
Lightbulb moment march 2006
Debt free october2017 :j
Finally sleeping easy in my bed :A

Comments

• rog2
    rog2 Posts: 11,650
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Have MBNA advised you that they have assigned the debt to Fredrickson, or any of the other comanies mentioned.
    You should write stating that you do not acknowledge any debt to them, and request that they send you the original credit agreement, signed by you, and any letters of assignment.
    There is a template letter on a similar thread on this forum - when I find it I will post link, unless someone else beats me to it.
    Anyway - there's not much you can do until Monday, so I would just do nothing until you talk to PAYPLAN or CAB
    I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
    If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
  • DO NOT fill in the DD mandate, they will start taking payments as they see fit.

If you are with Payplan then the allocation of money meant for MBNA will be issued to Fredrickson once proof has been received that the debt is with them. The money will be issued pro-rata so it is fair on all your creditors.

EE
  • Thanks guys,just to let you know MBNA have not informed us of transferring the debt,we spoke to them the other day because they keep trying to get us to pay a full and final,as we couldn't do this they said they would have to issue a default notice at the end of September,they haven't done this yet,so surely they haven't passed the debt over yet? the date written on the letter is very odd,where do they get December 2006?
    I have no intention of filling out the DD mandate,I just have this odd feeling about the letter,something doesn't add up?
    Debt at highest £102k :eek:
    Lightbulb moment march 2006
    Debt free october2017 :j
    Finally sleeping easy in my bed :A
  • I would formally request a copy of the assignment letter before doing anything.
  • Hi Martin!

First of all I love you! Secondly I came home from work this evening and my partner received a letter from this "Fredrick international limited" a debt collection service, it seemed a little weird it said "We have made tracing enquires for confirmation of you current place of residence. Information has been received confirming that your address details have changed to the above residence"

It asks for payment although it doesn't say what the debt is for or how much it is but it does have a number so that you can pay immediatly. my partner thought it was all a bit odd, so I googled them and found you.
    We calling them on monday so will let you know more as I do.

:j
  • dorisday
    dorisday Posts: 299 Forumite
    DO NOT PHONE THEM have a read around this site and see why you shouldnt. have to run so cant extend on why.
    Look after the pennys and the pounds will look after themselves:money:
  • NorthernLas
    NorthernLas Posts: 1,271
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    You should write to Fredrickson and ask them to prove that your partner owes what they are asking for. By writing you are formally documenting that youo have done something and putting the 'ball back in their court'.

Send recorded so you have proof that you sent it and they received it, then forget about it until they reply

Link to prove it letter http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.html?p=17358487&postcount=2
  • Hey, today i recieved a phone call from this company saying i owe £610 they were calling on behalf of Natwest. I settled a debt with Westcote which was over £1000 nd dont understand where this £610 has come from. I have not had letters sent to my current address regarding anything to do with money owed .
    Is this a scam? as it seems this company has had a lot of complaints made about them? can anyone help?

They want proof sent of the account number and the money i payed do i send it?
  • Fredrickson International and Westcot are both genuine companies, they are not scammers.
    Forwards Ever, Backwards Never!
  • Mike_A wrote: »
    they are not scammers.

I beg to differ with this but I know what you mean.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure