Flying Ryanair wth Children

2»

Comments

• Fatboy_NSS
    Fatboy_NSS Posts: 546 Forumite
    On my last flight with ryanair I saw people boarding with their children get priority over us even though their children were in their 20s. Even if they don't let you get away with that you shouldn't have a problem sitting together as long as you make sure you get to the gate as quickly as you can after checking in.
  • Ally
    Ally Posts: 5,786 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    when we flew with Ryanair, there was an announcement for families with children to board first, there was no priority boarding pass issued:confused: I am not sure where you heard that and/or if it happens with Ryanair at all.

We had our 8 year old and one of the boarding staff saw her and called us over before he even knew we had an infant with us too! There were a number of young teens with their families being boarded 1st, but they were asked to wait for the families with very young children to board first.

I think you should be fine, but make sure you mention it to staff when you check in.
    I can say whatever I like here ... 'cos no one can see me .. ner ner ner ner ner !!!....

How do you know I ain't sitting here butt naked?!?!

I thunk I've made you think for a minute!
    :j :rotfl: :j
  • sjpkgp
    sjpkgp Posts: 920 Forumite
    Easyjet is definitely aged 5 and under, which is too low. Not sure about ryanair.

I would definitely see if you can speak to the people doing the boarding and mention nervous flyers, get there early (so you are near the doors anyway).

I would also be fairly brazen, everybody else is.
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,014 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    In Feb we flew with Ryanair with a 13 yo. We missed the priority boarding at Stanstead - not sure how! - but at the other end we were there earlier (can't even remember where that was now, dozy or what!) and they called families with children first. I was all for holding back - DS has flown more than me and is very definitely NOT nervous! - but others around us said no, we should go for it. And sure enough we were boarded with all the other families with sprogs. It was a bit of a scrum: the airport was basically a shed in the middle of a big field, and the 'departure lounge' was just a big seating area.

As DH said, they probably didn't want DS separated from us in case he was a nuisance ... I think 5 is a ridiculously young cutoff age not to be included in priority boarding.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • Dumyat
    Dumyat Posts: 2,143 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    we've never had any problems getting seats together on ryan air or easyjet. And I have seen air crew rearrange passengers if people have boarded late with children. I wouldnt worry too much about it. hope you have a great time!
    x x x
  • eml_3
    eml_3 Posts: 92 Forumite
    I am flying Ryanair in June for the first time with 2 young children (2 and 5 yrs). I am hoping we will be able to board first but in case we do lose out in the scrum, am planning to suggest that if people won't move to let us sit together, they can have the pleasure of looking after my children for the whole flight!
  • loobs40
    loobs40 Posts: 1,232 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Good point that. I think I'd prefer that my kids sat as far as possible away from me and partner to allow us some peace and quiet. Their ages are 9, 12,15,17.

Yep, thats definitely what I'm going to do :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure