DWP Pay Rise July 1st

Options
I am starting with DWP south east tomorrow as an EO and have been told by a friend who already works there that as of July 1st there was a pay increase for EO and AO positions. Obviously on my start letter, dated 25th June, it states the salary as that advertised when I applied in March, however my friend seems to think that my starting salary will actually be the new higher figure.
Just looking for any info on this as apparently the pay rise was 4.5% , making quite a difference.
Many thanks

Comments

• mommarat
    mommarat Posts: 411 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    slk wrote: »
    I am starting with DWP south east tomorrow as an EO and have been told by a friend who already works there that as of July 1st there was a pay increase for EO and AO positions. Obviously on my start letter, dated 25th June, it states the salary as that advertised when I applied in March, however my friend seems to think that my starting salary will actually be the new higher figure.
    Just looking for any info on this as apparently the pay rise was 4.5% , making quite a difference.
    Many thanks
    You will be on the new amount of £20,240 for EO
  • punkgirlyuk
    punkgirlyuk Posts: 199 Forumite
    Options
    Do you know what the rate for AO will be?
  • JoeBreakdown
    JoeBreakdown Posts: 126 Forumite
    Options
    Is ths correct. Does the pay rise not take effect until after you have completed your probation period?
    Bored
  • slk_3
    slk_3 Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    OK, after being at work for two days I am able to answer my own question, hoping it helps others here.
    Basic salary for outer london EO is £23,940 from Jun09-Jun10. A pay rise is currently pending union approval but this will only apply to people who have been there a while, not new employees. I am not sure of AO pay scale as my induction day was only for EO's, sorry.
    All the best
  • lili2008
    lili2008 Posts: 553 Forumite
    Options
    Someone posted a link to the latest DWP pay scales a while back but I can't find it for looking.

Anyone have it and can post it up again here?
    :idea:
  • lili2008
    lili2008 Posts: 553 Forumite
    Options
    http://www.pcs.org.uk/en/department_for_work_and_pensions_group/pay_campaign/pay-offer-letter-2007--2009/appendices/appendix-1/

Found it! Looks like you have to be in post at 1 July to qualify for the pay rise.
    :idea:
  • slk_3
    slk_3 Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    [QUOTE=Found_it!__Looks_like_you_have_to_be_in_post_at_1_July_to_qualify_for_the_pay_rise.[/QUOTE]

Missed it by 5 days! can you believe it!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure