Titanic Belfast

Comments

• NAR
    NAR Posts: 4,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    BigAl94 wrote: »
    Pity you don't get to see the replica staircase.
    Apparently there is going to be an additional charge for this pleasure. :mad:
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,473 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Just booked for Easter Monday @ 10:00 with no problems

Really looking forward to it! :beer:
  • thefreckle
    thefreckle Posts: 102 Forumite
    For anyone's who's been to this, could you answer a quick question for me?

It seems there's an area where you can't take buggies - is this due to space restrictions or is there another reason? I'm just wondering how wheelchairs are accommodated or is this area going to be out of bounds for those in wheelchairs?
  • dazb75
    dazb75 Posts: 92 Forumite
    Yes, it seems that on the tour of the Titanic Building, the general public do not get to see the 'Grand Staircase'. This is despite the fact that it's shown on their website!

http://www.titanicbelfast.com/Navigation/The-Titanic-Experience/The-Fit-Out.aspx

It seems that as the Titanic had a passenger class hierarchy, so does the new building.
  • dazb75
    dazb75 Posts: 92 Forumite
    thefreckle wrote: »
    For anyone's who's been to this, could you answer a quick question for me?

It seems there's an area where you can't take buggies - is this due to space restrictions or is there another reason? I'm just wondering how wheelchairs are accommodated or is this area going to be out of bounds for those in wheelchairs?

No, they can't ban wheelchairs. Otherwise they might incur the wrath of the legal system.
  • dazb75 wrote: »
    Yes, it seems that on the tour of the Titanic Building, the general public do not get to see the 'Grand Staircase'. This is despite the fact that it's shown on their website!

http://www.titanicbelfast.com/Navigation/The-Titanic-Experience/The-Fit-Out.aspx

It seems that as the Titanic had a passenger class hierarchy, so does the new building.

You just can't please everyone......

I listened to Nolan this morning and heard all the moaning !!!!!s grumbling about this...... You will be able to see the Staircase, just it'll be on special days...... for god sake can we not be happy we have such a magnificant building and stop picking at pi$$y little things to moan about !!
  • jeffer
    jeffer Posts: 222 Forumite
    No point me going then - I'm not really interested in most of the other c**p, I just want to walk down the staircase like Kate Winslett!;)
  • saverbuyer
    saverbuyer Posts: 2,556 Forumite
    If I've paid for the damn staircase twice (once to build it and once if I'm visiting the building) I expect to at least see it.
  • katy-lou
    katy-lou Posts: 487 Forumite
    To anyone thats been do you know if there was ticket touts outside it?
    It's sold out and I've got flights to go this week :(
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,473 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    dazb75 wrote: »
    No, they can't ban wheelchairs. Otherwise they might incur the wrath of the legal system.

Who mentioned wheelchairs being banned?

There is a 'ride' halfway through in seated 'cars'. Buggies etc can be left to one side OR you can bypass that part of the event. Same with wheelchairs i'd imagine.

Lots of lifts too.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport