Has anyone used zapper.co.uk for selling dvds / books / cds?

Comments

• qotsadanno
    qotsadanno Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 27 January 2012 at 4:41PM
    Sent a load of stuff to them, cheque authorised on 17th Jan, but still no cheque received, so sent an email to chase them up.

A little bit concerned now. Anyone actually received a cheque from them yet?

Update: Received email reply within minutes apologising for a lack of expectation management and explaining that my cheque was infact sent this morning.
    The proof will be in the pudding, which in this case is a cheque.
  • Every book I have tried says that they already have too many of them :( are there any other methods of selling books online, where you can get a reasonable amount for? I have had them listed at Green metropolis for ages & not received anything. Amazon doesnt seem an option either as there are loads listed under the supersaver delivery for under the £2.80 delivery cost for a £0.01 book, so no-one will buy mine!

May go old fashioned and do a car boot!
    Mtg May 2011 - £127,500/825610% CC - £2211/2211Argos Card 0% - £253.95/208.95
  • So Monday post comes and still no cheque! Uh-oh...
  • Hi. A week after email saying they had sent chq by 1st class post, I too contacted them by email. They responded quickly and the chq was received two days later, so I would give it a couple more days before worrying, if I were you.
    £2012 in 2012 = £34.44
  • We recently sent off 15 books to this company at a total value of 26 pounds, we recieved an email to say there was a high quantity of books that were no good and they would only pay us 10 pounds, these books that are supposidly no good were in fact near brand new books that were bought for my husband and not even read, they were kept on a bookshelf and had no damage.

to say im :mad: would be an understatement.
  • smt638
    smt638 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 3 February 2012 at 10:03PM
    hey guys. i discovered zapper back in august so thought ide give them a try. used them a few times now, recieved the full ammount every time, recieved the cheque with in a week of it being sent. the only problem i had is when i sent a package in december due to it being busy over christmas took them 3 weeks to check it. the best thing about them is they take just about anything, ive sent old ps1 games, cd singles, pc games. magpie wont touch any of these. they dont give mutch for boxset dvd's or blu rays, but if you need to clear any old cd's dvd's that's been sat around for years there perfect. now if i could find somewhere that buy's v.h.s. ide be very happy.:)
    also if you want to know what the do with youre items, they have a store on amazon but it may upset you if you look to see what there selling youre stuff for!
  • nocareer
    nocareer Posts: 57 Forumite
    Well, smt638.

Sounds like you work for zapper, so are biased. The fact you only have one post to your name.
  • Sally22_2
    Sally22_2 Posts: 677 Forumite
    I have used Zapper twice now, and would use them again. Always got the full amount quoted, I have only sent them books though.
    Slimming World Member - Started 05/02/15

• angelbob
    angelbob Posts: 551 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    im not a newbie nor work for zapper but i used them too, took a while but i got my cheque for the full amount quoted, so £106.xx (look in my sig, can't remember) for selling old stuff i would never have used again. xx
    Pay ALL your debt off by Xmas 2023 #59 £7008 Paid £570 Owing £6438 #1 H1 £151, #2 H2 £100, #3 O £200, #4 M £1500, #5 Z £295, #6 C1 £340, #7 L £1084, #8 N £840, #9 C2 £1930
  • i found zapper after sending loads of cds/dvds to musicmagpie and wondering if there was a 'book' version as i'm an obsessive book hoarder made worse by the fact that i work with them and can't resist a pretty cover!

i had about 4 huge bags of books that I went through, Zapper wouldn't take everything, but they were better than other websites i found that take books. In the end they took about 2 bags out of the 4 and I got £24 for them. They paid in full and sent the checque quickly. I'll be using them again...when I can bring myself to get rid of more books! (2 floor to ceiling bookshelves, a box under the bed, 2 shelves above the wardrobe, with 6 mini shelves down the side and 4 shelves full of books, --and i managed to clear 2 shelves lol!)
    LBM: January 2012
    Debt Free as of 20th September 2012

Savings: ISA:£14.74/IF:£3500ish)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills