Eating Out at Gunwharf Quays Portsmouth

Hi,
I will be going to Portsmouth in a couple of weeks with my family to look at the ships etc and was wondering where the best places to eat at Gunwharf Quays, which is a large shopping centre.

We are using Tesco clubcard vouchers to pay for the meals but I have not heard or have been to many of the places that are listed on the website.

We were thinking of going to 'Tootsies' or 'Slug and Lettuce'.

Are these places usually any good?

Thanks for any comments.

Comments

• wept
    wept Posts: 170 Forumite
    Tootsies is fine.
    Alternatively if you want to push the boat out...well it is by the sea...you will smell it.
    There is also a very good Loch Fyne there that does great dinner menu £12 inc wine http://www.lochfyne.com/Restaurants/Locations/Portsmouth.aspx.
    Kids can eat in BK ;-)
    If you like Chinese the WaterMargin do a great buffet - all you can eat £6.90 adults £3.50 children http://www.watermargin.co.uk/new_marginweb.swf
  • We go to Gunwharf quite a bit, Slug and Lettuce is nice, we have always had nice food there, although it does get very busy, there have been times when we have had to wait quite a while to get a table. The Frankies and Bennys there is also very nice, that one is my kids favourite place to eat there. Tiger Tiger is good too, it has a nice outside seating area which has a good view over the water, lovely if the sun is shining and it's not too cold.
  • sooz
    sooz Posts: 4,560 Forumite
    strada is nice too.
    If you are going in a couple of weeks, these vouchers may have expired by then, however, check here first :D

there's 50% off at tootsies, or £10 off at loch fyne.
    then you can use your tesco vouchers to go up the spinnaker tower instead, or take the ferry to the IOW for the day.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,572 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I'd agree about the Water Margin if you want to pig out on Chinese. It's a bit canteen like but the food is yum! I went to Franky and Benny's in December and found it dark and cold where we sat but the food was fine. TigerTiger is much more civilised.

Don't want to spoil your day but I've found the shopping getting worse and worse recently. If you're going for the Spinnaker Tower then it's definitely worth it. If you haven't time to to go to the IOW and just want to take young children on the water then just go over on the Gosport Ferry. Or the Historic Dockyards are good to visit. Depends what you're interested in.
  • Personally, I wouldn't recommend the Ha Ha Bar as we used Tesco vouchers there last year and didn't think much of the food at all. Later had a snack at the Slug & Lettuce and wished we'd spent the vouchers there instead.
  • robnye
    robnye Posts: 5,411 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    isnt there a frankie and bennies........ 2 for 1 voucher on this website somewhere, check the list and then check if there is one in portsmouth
    smile --- it makes people wonder what you are up to.... ;) :cool:
  • RaiderHammer
    RaiderHammer Posts: 684 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Nando's is upstairs at Gunwharf if you like chicken. It's good value for money and great for kids because soft drinks from the dispenser are free refills.
  • pompeyrich
    pompeyrich Posts: 3,135 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    2 for 1 voucher for the Spinaker tower if you are coming by train, HERE
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business