Lloyds Non-Cumulative Preference Shares?

Comments

• I have 6.475% non cumulative preferential shares and got the same letter. If they don't pay dividends for 2 years, don't they have to pay me with shares equaling the dividend amount?
  • I have 800 shares and am trying to find some advice on whether to sell or keep ...............
  • Jake'sGran
    Jake'sGran Posts: 3,269 Forumite
    purch wrote: »
    Whats the divi rate on these pref's ?

There are about ten different ones. I have just been Googling for official articles and there was a question from one lady who held some paying over 11%. Mine are 6.475% and were allocated after the merger mentioned above. After reading the articles I mentioned I did get the impression that they might not be worth keeping. I would prefer to keep them though as I would not want the hassle of looking where to bank the money - again. Just realised, I could buy some more shares in Rexam, National Grid or something similar with a decent dividend .
  • Having spent the last 2 weeks trying to find some practical advice on whether to keep or sell these prefs, I have come to the following conclusions;

1. No practical advice has been found

2. The original prefs with the Halifax were £1.00 shares but Lloyds replaced them with £0.25 shares

3. The current value is 53.75p

I have decided to take up the offer and sell
  • Agree - I too have searched for advice as well with no success and have decided to sell.
  • If lloyds went broke I would not expect these bonds to be repaid. Likely to be similar to b&b and northern rock and they havent faired too well though some speculate this could change

As a gamble I would just hold them long term but if the money is too important then cashing in for another company as mentioned seems better off
  • I have some lloyds preference share and want to sell them. I don't have any info on how to do this, can anyone help?
  • sabretoothtigger
    sabretoothtigger Posts: 10,035
    First Post Photogenic Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    ITs still a share, doesnt any broker handle these or ask selftrade if you are holding a certificate
  • payless
    payless Posts: 6,955
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    many of the Halifax prefs that are held by individuals relate to B Mids takeover ( so the 6.475% series - albeit changed twice following BOS then Lloyds mergers ) .. and many people would have had these issued into a Halifax shareholder account , rather than n cetwificate - ( so already in an nominee account) who can sell them for you.
    Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as (financial) advice.
  • payless wrote: »
    many of the Halifax prefs that are held by individuals relate to B Mids takeover ( so the 6.475% series - albeit changed twice following BOS then Lloyds mergers ) .. and many people would have had these issued into a Halifax shareholder account , rather than n cetwificate - ( so already in an nominee account) who can sell them for you.

What is the current situation regarding these shares as I am thinking of offloading my vast 100 holding.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure