Clearance Stores/Outlets in Glasgow

Comments

• Happydaze
    Happydaze Posts: 116 Forumite
    Great Western Auctions has something for everyone - deffo not just fine art & antiques, for higher value items they do special sales but I think a lot of items are house clearances etc so there are bargains to be had.
  • wolfehouse
    wolfehouse Posts: 1,394 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    reids has an outlet shop on bell street (right before albion street).
    i didn't stop in but saw it while passing yesterday.
  • weemissy
    weemissy Posts: 159 Forumite
    I bought a sideboard (had gone for a dining room table) a few years ago from a place just outside kilmarnock, really good buy, this place dealt with ex-showroom furniture, it was a large workshop outside this couples home, not signposted or anything, and they had loads of lovely stuff BUT I lost the phone number and now can't find the website :mad:, so I guess it's gone. But there was another place that dealt with ex-showroom furniture out Bearsden way I think.
    :hello:there's me, OH, DS 10, DD 7,
    and our deranged border collie - sadly put to sleep Aug 23rd 09 :cry: now have our GSD x collie oct 10
  • am_bain
    am_bain Posts: 81 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    The second hand shop is nearer Hamilton than Blantyre just off Peacock cross it is in industrial units behind what used to be a sports shop there is a childrens nursery nearby my daughter bought wardrobes from them about two months ago when she went to flat share with a friend they were nice and the men working there were very helpful hope this helps.
    Found phone no 01698 200273 Glenburn ltd
    Ann
  • weegie_2
    weegie_2 Posts: 312 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    cheers all - greatly appreciate all the replies.
  • weegie_2
    ps - found glenburn and they have a web page here . think I will take a trip out to see them....

http://glenburnremovals.com/
  • weegie_2
    altho not as cheap as I would like, found this at east kilbride:

http://furniture.bpweb.net/
  • bubblegumcola
    bubblegumcola Posts: 1,100 Forumite
    weegie wrote: »
    altho not as cheap as I would like, found this at east kilbride:

http://furniture.bpweb.net/

I must have driven up past there at Whirlies so many times and never noticed it!!
  • weegie_2
    same here!!!

altho I'm probably concentrating so hard on going round the whirlies in the right direction that I don't notice anything else.....:D
  • Always_Harassed
    Always_Harassed Posts: 1,087 Forumite
    edited 19 June 2009 at 8:02PM
    am_bain wrote: »
    The second hand shop is nearer Hamilton than Blantyre just off Peacock cross it is in industrial units behind what used to be a sports shop there is a childrens nursery nearby my daughter bought wardrobes from them about two months ago when she went to flat share with a friend they were nice and the men working there were very helpful hope this helps.
    Found phone no 01698 200273 Glenburn ltd

Went to look for this today. It is behind where Viking Sports used to be near to Hamilton West Church. The unit was closed and staff in nearby business said it opens odd times so might be worth phoning before you go. Apparently it is going to move soon but didn't know where to.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure