BuyMobilePhones.net (merged)

Comments

• Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    What was wrong is perfectly clear; it is totally misleading to suggest that THIS dealer (in particular) would somehow adjust payments to help with the VAT rise - it's t&c specifically exclude it. The potential encouragement to prefer the only dealer I know of who clearly states that in their t&c because they might do the oppiste to what they state is just plain wrong - and anyone checking the t&c would know that straight away. Since most people don't and aren't aware of it, such naivety in saying any - that alone this - dealer will try to help by adjusting payments is simply cloud cuckoo land.

You may be completely correct in your interpretation of the t&c. However, as you have written many, many times, t&c can change overnight.

The point is that Oneaday highlighted a potential VAT issue which provoked an insult from you within 2 posts. Was it necessary to take that line? It seems that you are incapable of giving advice or even correcting someone without lacing it with bile/vitriol. This is what demeans you as a contributor and you do have a tendency to give the impression that you alone are the sole font of knowledge.

I acknowledge - as do many others - that you do have a vast experience in cashbacks, but this is the MSE Mobile Phones Forum, where MSE stands for "MoneySavingExpert", not "MobileJunkie's Soapbox Exclusively".

So, why not try being polite for a couple of weeks, by all means correcting what you believe to be bad advice, but constructively rather than in an adversarial way? Others manage it and it would be great - as well as cutting out spat posts - if you could be a little more tolerant to others.
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Actually the two of you only manage that sometimes - and it was you attacking me and some others when we were warning about another dealer over a long period, rather than the other way round. Bad advice is bad advice and neglect of research results in that (among other things). I also know more about this particular topic than I will announce on here - but then I know what your response to that will be too, even though I was proven to be correct last time after months of lambasting. I chose not to specify the t&c originally for very good reason; I am also fully aware of when it came in and that it wasn't there before (among other things not mentioned on here which are significant enough to allow no room for doubt about whether this dealer would adjust any cashback to "help" its cutomers in 2011).
  • mobilejunkie
    HE didn't highlight it - I did. His contribution was to suggest that this dealer might be in a "better position" to "help" its customers; in fact the reverse is plainly true and for much of the exchanges he stated that it wasn't necessary to read the t&c - something both of you have said or done with another dealer previously when I pointed out the significance of their t&c. Anyone posting when choosing to ignore t&c are always liable to offer bad advice and poor comfort. HE didn't raise the issue of the effect of VAT - I did. He merely postured that this dealer might be in a better to position to "help" its customers when the plain fact is that whether they are or not is irrelevant. They have already set out their stool to ensure they won't. There is more that I will not post on here, but that is their stance. I am also fully aware of when the clause came in etc; but that's pretty meaningless from someone who resolutely took the stance that there was no need to even read them (repeatedly) and (when they finally did) missed the relevant one by a million miles.
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 4 October 2010 at 8:43AM
    These last 2 posts demonstrate far more eloquently than I can just what point I was making. Bitterness, self glorification and anger seem far higher up your agenda than polite helping. You had a chance to offer to be more constructive and polite but declined.A Great pity.

However, as I don't want to hijack this thread or get the mods to close it, I won't be drawn to comment again on this thread about your attitude. (Might do on any other threads, though) but I will correct one factual point - I have always advised reading t&c - after many years in business that is one of my golden rules.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Guys_Dad wrote: »
    However, as I don't want to hijack this thread or get the mods to close it, I won't be drawn to comment again on this thread about your attitude. (Might do on any other threads, though)..........

And you don't like being called troll????
  • OneADay
    OneADay Posts: 9,031
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 4 October 2010 at 3:27PM
    HE didn't highlight it - I did. His contribution was to suggest that this dealer might be in a "better position" to "help" its customers; in fact the reverse is plainly true and for much of the exchanges he stated that it wasn't necessary to read the t&c - something both of you have said or done with another dealer previously when I pointed out the significance of their t&c. Anyone posting when choosing to ignore t&c are always liable to offer bad advice and poor comfort. HE didn't raise the issue of the effect of VAT - I did. He merely postured that this dealer might be in a better to position to "help" its customers when the plain fact is that whether they are or not is irrelevant. They have already set out their stool to ensure they won't. There is more that I will not post on here, but that is their stance. I am also fully aware of when the clause came in etc; but that's pretty meaningless from someone who resolutely took the stance that there was no need to even read them (repeatedly) and (when they finally did) missed the relevant one by a million miles.

When did I say whatever stance you keep protraying me to take?
    I read my t&c for the contract I have which ends in November.

If you can't deal with other people having opinions, why the hell are you on this forum.

And I did not posture anything, you did. I have commented on the impact of VAT and potential loss to customers of 2.5% unless dealers act in good faith. then you come on here and call me an "armchair amateur", banging on about me not reading t&c which I did not even mention - until you started going on about them.

If we are talking t&c, the clause you refer to was added by BMP on 10th Aug 10 - its open to challenge in my opinion since VAT changes do not happen often. From the earlier t&c from BMP, they do not have that clause. Point that out why don't you. In meantime, we will see if any networks absorb the 2.5% increase or not or try to push it onto the consumer and hence get a lot of irate customers.
  • mobilejunkie
    I'm sure they'll be terrified of that. Just as judges would look at such a legal opinion as yours. As for the rest, there is much you aren't aware of and I won't enlighten you. I am fully aware of the different t&c and the whole point of my original warning was what was going to happen with this dealer in January. Your contract ending in November 2010 has absolutley no bearing on anything. As for your pointless pontifications on dealers being concerned to help their customers or networks caring about theirs - it's laughable and flies in the face of most of the complaints across these forums (as well as the facts, including the t&c of this dealer.

As for the rest; your grammar makes the sense of whatever it is you are saying undecipherable.
  • Lynsey
    Lynsey Posts: 9,486
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Anyone else expecting a payment in the next few weeks??
    Mine is 14 days from the 5th October - so anytime up until the 19th would be ok. Let's see if they can keep to their T&C's this time, fingers crossed. I'll update asap once received and obviously state whether they are back on track (for me anyway).

Lynsey
    **** Sealed Pot Challenge - Member #96 ****
    No. 9 target £600 - :staradmin (x21)
    No. 6 Total £740.00 - No. 7 £1000.00 - No. 8 £875.00 - No. 9 £700.00 (target met)
  • glenderg
    glenderg Posts: 383
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    ME tooooooo
    Be good to the young on their way up you might need them on your way down.
  • Hi I have had a cash back offer running for 18 months with this company. I have just sent my final 3 bills for my final claim. They have denied receiving them, and have said that as my claim voucher must have got lost in the post with the bills, under no circumnstances can I make a claim and therefore have lost the money. They say they cannot re-issue the 3in square photocopied piece of paper which is the claim voucher, so tough luck to me.
    I have sent them an e-mail outlining my dissatisfaction with their stance, and informed them that if they have not replied satisfactorily within 10 days I will persue it through the small claims court. I think I will win on the grounds that to decline a claim on such flimsy excuses is unreasonable. Let battle commence. Why don't companys just try being honest and reasonable in these situations?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure