Talk Talk 0845 Free Numbers

I rang Talk Talk and asked them to check an 0845 number. Customer Service assured me that all 0845 and 0870 numbers are free.
I have received my bill and have been charged 10p a minute resulting in a 10 pounds charge.
If TalkTalk are unable to check if a number is free, how am I expected to know?l

Comments

• Iconic
    Iconic Posts: 1,021 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    If you are sure there were 0845 and 0870 numbers rather than 0844 or 0871 numbers give them another ring and ask them to amend the bill.
  • victor2
    victor2 Posts: 7,571 Ambassador
    I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    What they should have said, or may even believe they said, was as per their website:
    Unlimited evening/weekend calls to UK landlines
    And it even includes 0870 and 0845 numbers.
    Not much use being able to call numbers predominantly used by businesses for free, when the businesses are closed!

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the In My Home MoneySaving, Energy and Techie Stuff boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. 

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• Dejay
    Dejay Posts: 55 Forumite
    If you were charged £10 for one call it must have lasted 100 minutes. Calls are only free up to 59 minutes and then they incur a charge.
  • This was 6 calls and I have free calls 24 hours a day. Are these calls free only evening and weekends which they certainly did not specify!!!!!!!
  • I have been refunded the 10 pounds charged due to misinformation but have been told that as I have been with Talk Talk for several years I do not have 0845 nor 0870 free at any time.
  • victor2
    victor2 Posts: 7,571 Ambassador
    I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    lemontree wrote: »
    I have been refunded the 10 pounds charged due to misinformation but have been told that as I have been with Talk Talk for several years I do not have 0845 nor 0870 free at any time.

Good result, but it may be worth asking them what it would cost to get 0845 and 0870 included in your anytime allowance. If you call them frequently, it might be worth it.

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the In My Home MoneySaving, Energy and Techie Stuff boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. 

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure