NRAM Poor contact centre

2»

Comments

• I have put in an official complaint with Northern Rock - after 3 weeks they told me it has to be NRAM dealing with it even though all correspondence has been on Northern Rock paper.
    They have changed our direct debit 3 times without telling us, a small repayment mortgate was paid up - they didn't tell us. the interest only mortgage was coming to an end and I asked 3 times for a SOA - didn't get one. Have paid a cheque and cancelled direct debit in the hope they would send me some information and all I got was a letter telling me how to set up a direct debit and no acknowledgement that the interest only mortgage was or was not paid up as we had to guess how much we owed. There is much more but I'm losing the will to live.
  • The first time I tried to contact them after we were switched to NRam from Northern Rock, I spent 2 hours on hold to them before finally giving up.

The second time, 45 minutes before giving up.

I need to speak to them as we changed our payments for just this year, but they are taking nearly £10 more a month out of our accounts than is in the new contract they signed and I can't get hold of anyone to find out why or complain. :mad:

None of the letters they sent me had any contact details other than that phone number with the apparently non-existent call centre staff, which can't be legal surely?..

The problem is of course, do I let them just keep charging us an extra £10 each month for no particular reason, or do I spend anything up to another 2 hours on hold before giving up?
  • Have you tried the numbers on the NRAM website? Looks like the main mortgage number is 0845 609 9610 although if you have made your new arrangement due to payment difficulties it states 0845 604 4850. Good Luck
  • DVardysShadow
    DVardysShadow Posts: 18,949 Forumite
    Topazmine wrote: »
    The first time I tried to contact them after we were switched to NRam from Northern Rock, I spent 2 hours on hold to them before finally giving up.

The second time, 45 minutes before giving up.

I need to speak to them as we changed our payments for just this year, but they are taking nearly £10 more a month out of our accounts than is in the new contract they signed and I can't get hold of anyone to find out why or complain. :mad:

None of the letters they sent me had any contact details other than that phone number with the apparently non-existent call centre staff, which can't be legal surely?..

The problem is of course, do I let them just keep charging us an extra £10 each month for no particular reason, or do I spend anything up to another 2 hours on hold before giving up?
    Write a letter, keep a copy, get ignored, write another letter, keep a copy, get ignored again.

Now you have a paper trail. Claim the money back on the DD guarantee. They will get in touch. But you have a paper trail.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • If you 'claim' the money back on the Direct Debit guarantee this will only put your mortgage in arrears. Your current account bank would provide you with a refund but would then ask NRAM for the money back by DD indemnity which NRAM must do (as this is the 'guarantee').

Always keep copies of any letters but if you can persevere you will probably have your questions answered quicker by phone.

Have you tried to contact them again?? Try calling outside of peak times when there would be less staff in the office ie not 12-2 or after 4pm.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure