Best permanent hair dye for covering grey roots on dark brown hair

2»

Comments

• silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    ps Monruth - L'Oreal Excellence is v good for grey coverage
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • pattycake
    pattycake Posts: 1,576 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    I am a greying dark brown brunette. I always used to use Nice'n'Easy but started to think it was a bit harsh. I need to colour every 5 weeks as the white roots start to show big time. Anyhow, I have switched to Herbashine Dark Brown. It is supposed to be a semi-permanent without ammonia. It says on the box to leave on for only 10 minutes but I go for 20 minutes and then find it covers my roots beautifully and makes my hair really glossy. It is much easier on my hair than the Nice'n'Easy. It lasts for the full 5 weeks before I colour again with very little fading.
  • bellamonkey
    bellamonkey Posts: 77 Forumite
    pattycake wrote: »
    I am a greying dark brown brunette. I always used to use Nice'n'Easy but started to think it was a bit harsh. I need to colour every 5 weeks as the white roots start to show big time. Anyhow, I have switched to Herbashine Dark Brown. It is supposed to be a semi-permanent without ammonia. It says on the box to leave on for only 10 minutes but I go for 20 minutes and then find it covers my roots beautifully and makes my hair really glossy. It is much easier on my hair than the Nice'n'Easy. It lasts for the full 5 weeks before I colour again with very little fading.

Where do you buy Herbashine from?
  • coco1980
    coco1980 Posts: 625 Forumite
    i have been going grey since i was 4 years old, started dying my hair when i was 12 and have always usec nice & easy or loreal, ind anything else doesnt cover as good. i also have to cover every 4 weeks but only because my roots come through
    :oIn 2009 i finally gave up smoking Have been smoke free for 3 years!!!!!!
    Weight Watchers starting weight 12.6
    Target weight 10st current weight - -10 st 7lb
    Aim to be debt free by Jan 2013! not now just bought a house:D
  • terra_ferma
    terra_ferma Posts: 5,484 Forumite
    The only hair dye that has ever been able to cover my greys is
    Clairol Perfect 10 (in black).
    I used it once because the second time I got L'oreal excell 10 by mistake (I was looking for the '10mins dye with a comb on the lid - how many can there be out here?').
    It was only after using it that I realised that my grey hair were not covered.....
  • pattycake
    pattycake Posts: 1,576 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Where do you buy Herbashine from?

Superdrug. I has been on offer lately. It is a bit pricier than Nice'n'Easy but worth it IMHO. I think full price it is around £6.50. Still a lot cheaper than going to a salon.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure