Budget (Avon) DD on bank statement

Options

Comments

• dharmakids
    dharmakids Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    Just to update - we contacted AVON and found it very difficult to get anyone to take responsibility. They were not easy to deal with. They offered half our money back and no apology. We never received any policy documents for the scam policy and were told that documents were sent and it is there company policy to assume if the acceptance document is not returned that the customer wishes to buy the product. Who does that!!!!!?

We're out of pocket and very angry about this.

Martin! Can you look into this as a feature please?!

In the meantime I would strongly urge folk to beware of Avon and Budget Insurance companies
  • nikj888
    nikj888 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I have just noticed £4 going to Avon but I took my car insurance out through RAC, I take it they use Budget Insurance?
  • mark01926
    Options
    i just noticed two withdrawls from my account of £3.99 for this same policy. i phoned up and was told they cant refund. i pushed back and was transferred to 'customer services' who eventually refunded the money after i complained. they will try and say it is not there fault as the website was very clear, and they then send out paperwork to confirm, my advice is to keep complaining and they will refund you.
  • forrest38
    forrest38 Posts: 122 Forumite
    Options
    just after phoning them due to me noticing the £3.99. had a bit of a rant, mentioned this website. first advisor basically said i had agreed to it. asked to get put through to customer relations. spoke to a guy who said he would like to inform me that they have now stopped the £3.99 scam (he didnt call it scam)for everyone . he also refunded my 3 payments for me :j
  • Buzby
    Buzby Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    Options
    So the lesson to be learned is read the website quote, then the follow up literature that explains what you agreed to. It is an agreement to purchase, and the policy is clearly 6 months free with charges subsequently. Their policy also auto renews.

Funny how everyone has their own excuses for their inattention - illness, grief, not reading letters - any refunds are goodwill only, not a right or admission. Great if they agree, but is the lesson earned?

From the comments I've read so far. Nope - they did nothing wrong.
  • Lisa_S
    Lisa_S Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I noticed two payments of £4 debited from my bank account that I didn't recognise (from "Avon Insurance 01789 415050"), so I got straight on the phone with HSBC to cancel the DD and hopefully get a refund. Although, I suppose £8 is no huge loss, but still, it's the principal.

I Googled Avon Insurance - definitely never heard of it. And scanning the replies to this thread/topic, I can see I was probably misled like a lot of others when I bought my car insurance (I think it was from RAC back in December).
  • Nanteos
    Nanteos Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Buzby wrote: »
    So the lesson to be learned is read the website quote, then the follow up literature that explains what you agreed to. It is an agreement to purchase, and the policy is clearly 6 months free with charges subsequently. Their policy also auto renews.

Funny how everyone has their own excuses for their inattention - illness, grief, not reading letters - any refunds are goodwill only, not a right or admission. Great if they agree, but is the lesson earned?

From the comments I've read so far. Nope - they did nothing wrong.

Agree, no excuse for not paying attention BUT also no excuse for such sharp practice.
    No follow up documents or policy details from company.

If you have been caught up in this practice phone Avon 01789 415050
    I have had a full refund.
  • kazrussell2002
    Options
    Interestingly enough I just took out car insurance with Sheila's Wheels underwritten by Esure and lo and behold I find that I have had £3.99 taken from my account by Avon. Avon/Budget have nothing to do with Sheila's Wheels, I did not look at Budget Insurance yet somehow these leeches somehow have managed to take details from this transaction. Contacted my bank and under the DD guarantee will get a full refund so I do not need to talk to these scammers, no box ticked and not even on their website - AVON/BUDGET are utter scum and need to be shut down.
  • Candlepower
    Options
    I have just discovered I am paying £2.92 a month to Avon Insurance, I have no idea how long I have been paying it or why, I will be ringing them tomorrow, thanks for posting the telephone number.
  • ahar_2
    ahar_2 Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    Having just seen this charge on my CC, it would seem Bradford and Bingley add it to their home insurance as well.

Cancel time, only lost £8 (two premiums) so not going to bother trying to get it back
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure