4 weeks Financial Times subscription for £1.

Comments

• longforgotten
    longforgotten Posts: 1,093 Forumite
    Will my nice newsagent take these vouchers in payment for my usual paper and a bit of extra shopping..........
  • :confused: it's been over 2 weeks since i signed up..still no sign of any vouchers, i noticed that they debited my £1 on monday and when i tried to call today, the customer service telephone number in my email doesnt exist according to bt.:mad: i'll give it til the end of the week..
  • Techno
    Techno Posts: 1,169 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    littlemissmay
    Same here - telephone number is wrong
    Try 0800 028 1407 - gets through to an overseas call centre but I've been promised a months supply will be with me by Friday
    Techno
    x
    ;) If you think you are too small to make a difference, try getting in bed with a mosquito!
  • MOCHA
    MOCHA Posts: 270 Forumite
    My vouchers haven't arrived yet either so I called the freephone number (It worked for me!) and was told that the first lot of coupons were sent on May 4th and that they'd send some more.
    I'm fed up with items of mail not reaching me, even Recorded Delivery letters never arrive.
  • SirMimic
    SirMimic Posts: 39 Forumite
    Here is my story:
    Signed up for the trial around 4 weeks ago. They said my first paper would come from the the 10th of May by the Van delivery. Never did. Called 4 days later, the guy said he would sort it out, waited another week (that a couple of days ago).
    Phoned them up again and said I would like the vouchers instead. They said that they would cancel my current trial and start me up on a new one, they would call me back in a few minutes to confirm - because they had to get the supervisor. Waited an hour, no call. Called them back, they said that the trial had been canceled and they had sent me the vouchers. Received an email about cancellation of trial. Still, no vouchers and no confirmation of new trial!

I am going to wait until Monday if I don't have any vouchers, I am going to make sure they have canceled my trial or any other trial they may have put me on. I don't want to end up paying 90 pounds for something I don't even receive!

Really sucks because I've never read the financial times but it looks interesting and its free-ish.
  • MUHAMID
    MUHAMID Posts: 657 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I receved my vouchers today.the date on the letter is 11 May 2007.
    my first voucher was started on 19 May 2007.so missed a week.
    MSE IS AN ADDICTION
  • longforgotten
    longforgotten Posts: 1,093 Forumite
    I checked my bank a/c today and found that the £1 had been taken by direct debit.

I phoned 0800 298 4709 today and spoke to a very nice guy, I explained I 'd been charged for the 4 week trial but had not received any vouchers. He told me that they should have sent out the first lot, then because there had been so many problems they sent out a second lot with some complimentary vouchers.... so there's two batches I have not received.

He's going to arrange another set be sent to me with some complimentary vouchers. Let's hope I'm lucky this time.

He even reminded me of the date I need to phone up by if I wish not to continue with the subscription. Very helpful guy.
  • MOCHA
    My second lot of vouchers still haven't arrived. I wish I'd not bothered with the whole thing.
    If you have Internet banking you can cancel the direct debit mandate and that will stop the subscription. I've already done that!
  • called up this morning..she was very helpful and explained that there was a problem with the postage system- something to do with the bank holiday or something..anyways, she said she would cancel my subscription and that she would send me complimentary vouchers within a week.....let's hope they arrive!:undecided
  • MOCHA
    Finally got mine but they don't even get you 'free' copies! I only got £1.20 discount on my Saturday copy today.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure