celaritis/natures cures

Just got some mail promoting celaritis as a pain reliever/cure for joint pain---I currently use glucosamin/Chondroitin but I'm always looking for anything better.Has anyone tried this stuff and is it any good??

Comments

• Hi Catford,

I haven't tried Celaritis or even heard of it until reading your post so I'm afraid I cannot help you with your request for info.

As a sufferer of osteoarthritis I am interested in supplements that could possibly combat joint pain and stiffness.

I put Celaritis in to a few search engines and they came up with very little. In fact one of the only articles found detailed a 'Nature's Cure' letter promoting it - that may well be what you have received. Another link was to celaritis.com which is a simple looking website full of claims and ‘buy here’ buttons. To this end I am assuming that it is likely that it doesn't live up to it's claims.

Can I ask when you say you are looking for something better than Glucosamine and Chondroitin does this mean that you have had tangible results with these? I understand when it comes to medicine there will always be room for improvement. I have now been taking Glucosamine in liquid form (Joint Genie) and Chondroitin in tablet form for nearly three months and am yet to decide whether there has been any improvement.

Cheers.
  • I also found the post from the Copywriter who clearly was proud of his efforts in wording that letter.

It is probable that the magic ingredient is
    Celadrin
    and you can see from that link that there is some evidence that it MAY be beneficial. Here is the other published research paper
    [font=&quot]The first study used 68 people the second 18 so there is very little evidence to support the claims. I've also checked out a few Arthritis research sites and they don't offer any mention of this product on their sites.
    [/font] If it was as good as the Copywriter claims there would be independent research supporting it's use.

If there were reports from patients using it successfully there would be reports back to the Arthritis support groups and research organisations sharing the news that an effective product was available.

[font=&quot]Put omega 3 AND arthritis in the same searchbox[/font][font=&quot]
    [/font]
    and you will get nearly 200 papers to consider.
    Put glucosamine and chondroitin AND arthitis in and there are even more.

It is very much easier to fiddle the results of a small trial of 18 or even 60 patients (by selecting the right ones) than it is for large scale trials so it follows that products which have been tested on many people by lots of different scientific establishments are likely to be genuinely useful whereas where only one research establishment is being used to research a particular product it is likely that this lab has got specific connections with the product manufacturers and is contracted to produce the type of result the manufacturer requires to support there copywriters.

Supplementation of fish oil and olive oil in patients with rheumatoid arthritis.
    looks like a reasonable paper and is cheap and will have numerous other benefits to your mental and physical health if taken for around 3 months.
    Zipvit OJ Omega Juice A216j is the cheapest high strength omega3 product I know that will provide 3g of Omega 3 in 10ml.(2 tsps) You can use any olive oil you like the flavour of. If you decide to use capsules I think Simply Supplements may be cheapest but remember it is the omega that needs to be 3g usually each capsule contains something like 120mg DHA +180mg EPA = 0.3g omega. So you need to take 10capsules daily to get the same amount and that means a lot more calories and a lot more gelatine (more chance of the runs)
    My weight loss following Doktor Dahlqvist' Dietary Program
    Start 23rd Jan 2008 14st 9lbs Current 10st 12lbs
  • catford
    catford Posts: 1,114 Forumite
    Mr_Pink wrote:
    Hi Catford,

I haven't tried Celaritis or even heard of it until reading your post so I'm afraid I cannot help you with your request for info.

As a sufferer of osteoarthritis I am interested in supplements that could possibly combat joint pain and stiffness.

I put Celaritis in to a few search engines and they came up with very little. In fact one of the only articles found detailed a 'Nature's Cure' letter promoting it - that may well be what you have received. Another link was to celaritis.com which is a simple looking website full of claims and ‘buy here’ buttons. To this end I am assuming that it is likely that it doesn't live up to it's claims.

Can I ask when you say you are looking for something better than Glucosamine and Chondroitin does this mean that you have had tangible results with these? I understand when it comes to medicine there will always be room for improvement. I have now been taking Glucosamine in liquid form (Joint Genie) and Chondroitin in tablet form for nearly three months and am yet to decide whether there has been any improvement.

Cheers.
    Yes,Ihave had good results with my current choice of tablets--I've been using them for about 12 mths and found my joint problems greatly relieved--of course they may have improved naturally in that time,-but who knows? I did stiop taking the tablets for about 6 wks when i ran out and found that the pains and aches began to come back.I started to take them again,and within a month or so the twinges went away!! As far as I am concerned ,they work for me.--BUT as i said, I'm open to new any treatment that works.
  • catford
    catford Posts: 1,114 Forumite
    I also found the post from the Copywriter who clearly was proud of his efforts in wording that letter.

It is probable that the magic ingredient is
    Celadrin
    and you can see from that link that there is some evidence that it MAY be beneficial. Here is the other published research paper
    [font=&quot]The first study used 68 people the second 18 so there is very little evidence to support the claims. I've also checked out a few Arthritis research sites and they don't offer any mention of this product on their sites.
    [/font] If it was as good as the Copywriter claims there would be independent research supporting it's use.

If there were reports from patients using it successfully there would be reports back to the Arthritis support groups and research organisations sharing the news that an effective product was available.

[font=&quot]Put omega 3 AND arthritis in the same searchbox[/font][font=&quot]
    [/font]
    and you will get nearly 200 papers to consider.
    Put glucosamine and chondroitin AND arthitis in and there are even more.

It is very much easier to fiddle the results of a small trial of 18 or even 60 patients (by selecting the right ones) than it is for large scale trials so it follows that products which have been tested on many people by lots of different scientific establishments are likely to be genuinely useful whereas where only one research establishment is being used to research a particular product it is likely that this lab has got specific connections with the product manufacturers and is contracted to produce the type of result the manufacturer requires to support there copywriters.

Supplementation of fish oil and olive oil in patients with rheumatoid arthritis.
    looks like a reasonable paper and is cheap and will have numerous other benefits to your mental and physical health if taken for around 3 months.
    Zipvit OJ Omega Juice A216j is the cheapest high strength omega3 product I know that will provide 3g of Omega 3 in 10ml.(2 tsps) You can use any olive oil you like the flavour of. If you decide to use capsules I think Simply Supplements may be cheapest but remember it is the omega that needs to be 3g usually each capsule contains something like 120mg DHA +180mg EPA = 0.3g omega. So you need to take 10capsules daily to get the same amount and that means a lot more calories and a lot more gelatine (more chance of the runs)
    I must say that the claims seemed too good to be true!!but then the copywriter can always get a job with the labour party!! ;)
  • Ted – Thanks for your input on this one, some interesting links and articles there. Yes, the fact that there seems to be little interest from the medical profession in the form of trial studies of Celadrin shows how unsubstantiated the Celaritis seller’s claims are. Also I agree that a study of 68 or 18 people would carry very little weight, whatever the outcome.

On a side-note I will be investigating fish oils as a supplement to aid concentration/alertness following a recommendation from my Doc when I told her that I plan to return to intensive studying after a few years away.

Catford – It’s good to read that you have had positive results with Glucosamine and Chondroitin. I know we will always want for a medicine or supplement that will cure or eliminate all symptoms. I have been taking the fluid equivalent of 1500Mg Glucosamine and 1000Mg Chondroitin (tablets) daily for the best part of three months and am starting to think (maybe imagine/convince myself) that a slight improvement may be taking place. Just as you say it is hard to determine whether the supplements are overlapping natural physical or psychological changes or whether they are contributing to the (perceived) improvement.

All the best for the future.
  • Hope the following helps.

I was told about celadrin, the main ingredient of Celaritis by a neighbour of my Mother's on Christmas day. This neighbours partner has suffered from stiff joints etc for years & is a firm believer in the effects of celadrin. For example, they were having dreadful problems with a joint in one of their toes & after a few holes of golf would be in a great deal of discomfort. However, since they've been taking celadrin they no longer suffer with the problem. Returning to my Mother's neighbour, she was having trouble with the main joint in each thumb. Her partner put her onto celadrin & lo & behold her aches & pains have disappeared so I guess there must be something in it. Regarding Celaritis, whilst this was his favoured choice, he now uses another celadrin based product, which he gets a bit cheaper but also contains 500mg of celadrin which would appear to be the required dosage.

I've also had highly recommended a product called Kool 'n Fit, full details of which are detailed on https://www.arthriticpainrelief.co.uk

Good luck
  • I have used celaritis and was just about to order some more when I found this site instead..Right the truth as I have experienced it is that I bought some of this stuff at least 2 years ago for my Mums knee as she had very bad arthritis in one of her knees and I just couldnt get up and down the stairs without a lot of pain... My Mum was hoping for a new knee but as she had had a couple of strokes they were reluctant...
    Firstly it does work it brings pain relief after a few mins of rubbing a tiny amount into the hurting place,,as I says I have had the same jar for 2 years....But the best thing for Arthritis is a product called Joint Vitality
    It is expensive as you have to take 19 tabs a day for the first 6 wks (I think ( Then you cut down, To 12 for a while then down to I think about 7.....My Mum and I both took these for about 3 months then decided to give up....after a while I noticed that It didnt hurt when I went up and down the stairs,,,and Mums knee didnt hurt at all ...she doesnt need a new knee any more and I have just been outside my house painting the outside back wall I am 60 years old....I dont live in a bungalow so long ladderwork
    I hope you believe me ,I know what its like reading all kinds of Hype but these products do work . The Joint Vitality has something in it that is Bovine so no good for veggies but other than that Its taken my pain right away,, Oh the reason I am going to order some sore Celaritis is that since I have been doing all the decorating at my new house and gardening. I have been getting a pain in my right wrist and have been using it to ease it.
    I hope you give either of these a go especially the tablets persevere
    as the ingredients really do rebuild the stuff between the joints
    I hope this helps someone
    Val
  • To Rubys Carer. I have seen an add for celaritis and it does make some good claims. Can you let me know where you purchased this product and the joint vitality as I found the advertised celaritis very expensive.
    Thanks, Kel.
  • I have hip arthritis stage 3 with all the classic painful symptoms. I was in the process of fixing a date later this year for an op but then started taking Celaritis exactly as it said, 3 times a day for 20 days and I have to say I am completely pain free, I'm not even aware of any undue stiffness in the leg.
    The only problem is, delivery of the capsules takes a good couple of weeks and no one at 'Life natural cures' ever returns calls or emails. I am amazed at the results and I don't think people believe me when I say how well I am but I do remain suspicious of the suppliers.
  • astrologer50
    astrologer50 Posts: 21 Forumite
    edited 10 August 2011 at 2:01PM
    I have used celaritis and was just about to order some more when I found this site instead..Right the truth as I have experienced it is that I bought some of this stuff at least 2 years ago for my Mums knee as she had very bad arthritis in one of her knees and I just couldnt get up and down the stairs without a lot of pain... My Mum was hoping for a new knee but as she had had a couple of strokes they were reluctant...
    Firstly it does work it brings pain relief after a few mins of rubbing a tiny amount into the hurting place,,as I says I have had the same jar for 2 years....But the best thing for Arthritis is a product called Joint Vitality
    It is expensive as you have to take 19 tabs a day for the first 6 wks (I think ( Then you cut down, To 12 for a while then down to I think about 7.....My Mum and I both took these for about 3 months then decided to give up....after a while I noticed that It didnt hurt when I went up and down the stairs,,,and Mums knee didnt hurt at all ...she doesnt need a new knee any more and I have just been outside my house painting the outside back wall I am 60 years old....I dont live in a bungalow so long ladderwork
    I hope you believe me ,I know what its like reading all kinds of Hype but these products do work . The Joint Vitality has something in it that is Bovine so no good for veggies but other than that Its taken my pain right away,, Oh the reason I am going to order some sore Celaritis is that since I have been doing all the decorating at my new house and gardening. I have been getting a pain in my right wrist and have been using it to ease it.
    I hope you give either of these a go especially the tablets persevere
    as the ingredients really do rebuild the stuff between the joints
    I hope this helps someone
    Val

I tried searching for this product and can't find it, tried Ebay and google, anyone know anything??

lifenaturalcreams dot com offer Celaritis at £35 for tabs and cream + £2.95pp

arthriticpainrelief dot co dot uk offer a trail size spay at £2.95 incl pp
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport