Cheap Smell-alikes - Cheaper alternatives to Expensive Perfumes

Tigersilly
Tigersilly Posts: 376 Forumite
edited 12 September 2013 at 10:55PM in Health & beauty MoneySaving
Hi, I have been searching for a cheap smell-alike to Dolce Vita EDT perfume. It costs around £30 for 50ml and the smell doesn't even linger for that long (sadly there's no EDP version to save re-applying).

Does anyone know of a Dolce Vita Smell-alike? or of any other smell-alikes?
Could you list them in this thread?

Thank you xx

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• anniewoo
    anniewoo Posts: 469 Forumite
    I ordered from this site a while ago and can recommend it

http://www.perfume-parlour.co.uk/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=2

They are perfume oils rather than liquid perfume and come in a roll on,there are various sizes.

I ordered 3 different designer(type) ones and they all smell virtually identical to the real perfume.They are very reasonably priced and I see Dolce Vita is on the list so it is worth a try.
  • Tigersilly
    anniewoo wrote: »

They are perfume oils rather than liquid perfume and come in a roll on,there are various sizes.

I ordered 3 different designer(type) ones and they all smell virtually identical to the real perfume.They are very reasonably priced and I see Dolce Vita is on the list so it is worth a try.

These look brilliant - I hope they are safe to use on the skin, I'm paranoid about these things. Do you wear it directly on your skin? How long does the fragrance last without you having to top up - I'd like to know because then I can work out how many I should buy.

xx
  • cwp500
    cwp500 Posts: 530
    First Post
    Forumite
    Tigersilly wrote: »
    Hi, I'm probably not the best person to create this thread, but I have been searching for a cheap smell-alike to Dolce Vita EDT perfume. It costs around £30 for 50ml and the smell doesn't even linger for that long (sadly there's no EDP version to save re-applying).

Does anyone know of a Dolce Vita Smell-alike? or of any other smell-alikes?
    Could you list them in this thread?

Thank you xx

Anyone ever get those mini spray samples in the post or from the orange faced women at makeup counters?

When they are empty, remove the top and pull out the spring plunger (you may need some pliers here but its not rocket science). Be careful that the little spring doesnt get lost - it looks like the ones in pens.

squire a few drops of your fave perfume or aftershave guys into the bottle, top up with plain water and replace spring plunger.

Dead easy and you have a nice little portable spritzer to carry with you at all times.

I have loads of these so can have different scents at all times.
    :o Keep trying.........................what else is there to do? :o
  • cwp500
    cwp500 Posts: 530
    First Post
    Forumite

The amounts are quite small and I would be concerned that if the claims are true, these concentrates may damage jewellery, delicate fabrics, watches, and sensitive skins.
    :o Keep trying.........................what else is there to do? :o
  • anniewoo
    Tigersilly wrote: »
    These look brilliant - I hope they are safe to use on the skin, I'm paranoid about these things. Do you wear it directly on your skin? How long does the fragrance last without you having to top up - I'd like to know because then I can work out how many I should buy.

xx

I don't have a particularly sensitive skin,but I didn't have any rashes or any other problems using these.You apply the roll-on directly to the skin.

The fragrance of the three that I bought all lasted well,as long as a normal perfume would,bearing in mind that some perfumes smell stronger than others anyway.The Issey Miyake type lasted nearly all day from one application.
  • anniewoo
    cwp500 wrote: »
    The amounts are quite small and I would be concerned that if the claims are true, these concentrates may damage jewellery, delicate fabrics, watches, and sensitive skins.

The amounts don't sound very much,I agree.I bought the smallest size because I wasn't sure if I would like them,the roll-on is about the size of a lipstick.They only cost a few pounds however.

As I said in my reply above,I haven't had any skin reactions,but if you have sensitive skin,it may be wise to contact the website if you have any concerns.I avoided getting any of the oil on jewellery.
  • ali-t
    ali-t Posts: 3,815 Forumite
    nunnygirl wrote: »
    , I got Boudoir (Jean Paul Gaultier) and Spirit of Shadow (Ghost)

That is strange that they would call a copy of a perfume the same as an original by another perfumier (sp). I wear boudoir by vivienne westwood so was getting excited that there might be a cheaper way to smell divine :p
    If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got!
  • nunnygirl
    nunnygirl Posts: 2,206 Forumite
    Sorry, just checked the bottle and it's not boudoir!! It's Bondage......makes so much more sense!!!!
    Sealed Pot Challenge Member 1216 -
    2011 Total - £526.62

2012 Total - £503.87
  • Tigersilly
    http://www.directcosmetics.com/detail.cfm?code=34507

Directcosmetics sell Boudoir EDP 50ml for £21.99 if that's any help to anyone.
  • Fern_Merkin
    Fern_Merkin Posts: 830 Forumite

just registered today and £1 is credited to the account! P&P is free! Found Cinabar which I've only seen for about £50 before and CKin2U which is still overpriced in most shops.

Both for £3.50 all told. Very happy, Thanks anniewoo :beer:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure