PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Getting to know you........

Comments

• crana999
    crana999 Posts: 573 Forumite
    I'm a full time uni student studying biology.

While I'm here I work as a fire safety officer, library re-shelver, & telephonist (but that hasnt been on recently), and in the holidays I work as a receptionist in a dental surgery and as a waitress in a hospital.
  • loopy_lass
    loopy_lass Posts: 1,551 Forumite
    im a 40 (well in 4 weeks time) yr old part time student, just got me diploma in social and human behaviour, starting on degree in sept! got one daughter age 14, on me own, only go out once a week to uni and then twice a day with dog, so dont see many adults. I was hoping i would be married off to some nice fella by 40, but it dont look like its gonna happen ...

2 more years an i can go back to work... with young offenders .... little darlings !

loops x
    THE CHAINS OF HABIT ARE TOO WEAK TO BE FELT UNTIL THEY ARE TOO STRONG TO BE BROKEN... :A
  • vanoonoo
    vanoonoo Posts: 1,897
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I'm vanoonoo. I like toast. *grin*

hello everyone :)
    Blah
  • jordylass
    jordylass Posts: 1,092
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I was self employed until March 04 earning a lot, and spending a lot more (I've found out since I packed it in). It was very long hours and pretty stressful and I'm pleased I'm not doing it anymore. I can't remember what the catalyst was, but I know I thought what am I doing here, the most important thing to me is my family, and I spend all of my time at work.
    MSE has been a huge influence on my life since I found it, especially being able to cut back without losing out on things like utilities.
    During my high times I bought a villa in Florida, which I love and it rents out pretty well, but I can't afford to visit often enough, and just have very short maintenance trips.
    I trained as a nurse and now half heartedly on a return to practice course, (doing this for OH instead of me).
    I'm almost doing what I want to, which is home schooling 2 of the kids, (I have 5, 2 are grown, and 1 likes school) and kicking back and enjoying my home and family.
    We did end up with a lot of debts and with that and some other life changing events, it seems OH and I are looking for different things out of life.
    There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.
  • Yoga_Girl
    Yoga_Girl Posts: 888
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Quite a varied bunch arn't we! :grouphug:

I work full-time at the moment, am working towards being in a position where I can reduce this and spend more time with my two children (aged 2 & 3). Also have 2 dogs, 2 cats and if I had the space I would definately have chickens as well.

Also have an MSE addiction but I'm not seeking a cure for that at the moment. I'm not sure there is a cure actually!
  • Lyndsay_21
    Lyndsay_21 Posts: 816 Forumite
    I 22 and a SAHM to 2 lovely tikes a daughter aged (terrible) 2 and a boy 10months.
    Did an NNEB so fully trained nanny/nursery worker, i worked in an after school club and with a severely disable (cerebal palsy) little boy which i loved doing, so might return to it when kids are at school, (if dry rot hasn't taken over my mind).
    Am doing an english course, Hairdressing course and various other normal mum things.
    Trying to budget on OH low wages but finally getting there.
    phew i've written a lot for someone who does nothing!!
    Other women want a boob job. Honey the only silicone i'm interested in is on a 12 cup muffin tray, preferably shaped like little hearts :heart:
  • Pal
    Pal Posts: 2,076 Forumite
    I'm Pal. I like Vanoonoo! ;)
  • tiddles
    tiddles Posts: 214
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    It's great to read about you all!

I'm 45 with hubby plus 2 teenage kids, and work from home as a piano teacher, usually after school, so I have quite a lot of spare time during the day to cook meals from scratch and search for other money-saving ideas on MSE! Like many others, I'm addicted to this site, and find it really supportive in my quest to save money - we're aiming for early retirement!
    Decluttered 261/2024
  • Nile
    Nile Posts: 14,930
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Ambassador
    I work part-time and visit the MSE site full time.........or should that be the other way around?:o

I'm a Jack Of All Trades/Master Of None....have worked in a flour mill/R&D labs and now in engineering.

I play sport for local teams and kid myself that I can keep up with the youngsters.:rolleyes:

I glance at the Daily Brain Teaser questions........but often can't even get the Easy Peaser Teaser questions right.:confused:

There are so many great members of this site. Some I've had the pleasure to meet........and made some good friends.

Mr & Mrs Nile share their home with hundreds of cracks in the walls, a ton of holiday brochures and a pallet stacked to the ceiling with special priced cans of Pepsi.:o

I used to have a life in the real world..........then I heard Martin Lewis on BBC Radio 2 and found this site.:money:
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the 'I wanna' and 'In my home' and Health & Beauty'' boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. :j :cool2: I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
  • Dormouse
    Dormouse Posts: 5,617
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I'm called Dormouse because I love sleeping and I love cheese :D

I'm a stay-at-home mum to a lively (and lovely) 22-month-old. I used to do lots of things before becoming a mum, but I can't remember them icon11.gif

I've lived abroad most of my life.

PS to Juno: I used to be a CSV! If there's anything you want to know, just ask! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure