Eon and Tesco Points

Currently I'm on eon energy plan, and considering switching to EON fixonline 8. According to Uswitch i could save 200-300 per year, however i would not get tesco points and wondered is it worth losing the points to get the lower rates?

For my last two quarterly bills I was given 170 and 340 points.

Comments

• epsilondraconis
    epsilondraconis Posts: 1,758 Forumite
    If you can save £200-£300 per year then it would definitely be worth ditching your Tesco points. Your Tesco points from your last two quarters amount to just over £5 in vouchers (which can then be converted into four times their value), but still, nothing like the £200-£300 you state you can save.

It may be worth trying another comparison site as well just to be sure. Perhaps try https://www.energyhelpline.com
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,848 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    I hope you are inputting annual actual kWh useage into USwitch as anything else is totally pointless.

Tesco points should be looked at as a small bonus and generally ignored when looking for the best deal.
  • Take the money,I moved to fixonline8 and it is the best Tariff around...........go for it,won't last forever,and proces could rise in Autumn if you beleive the papers
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure