Staff Discount cards - How much do you save?

Comments

• gentlepurr
    gentlepurr Posts: 4,122 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    most i ever got was a free daily local newspaper, when i worked for them

xx
    "It is not uncommon for slight acquaintances to get married, but a couple really have to know each other to get divorced." - Anonymous
    :)
  • mjh1977
    mjh1977 Posts: 60 Forumite
    I'm a civil servant and belong to a couple of schemes run by the civil service social club and the union (not directly by my employer). One offers straight discounts; the other the scheme, described elsewhere, where you buy £x of vouchers for anywhere between 2 and 20% off.

Therefore in theory I could:
    (1) Buy the vouchers with a cashback credit card;
    (2) Make a purchase using the vouchers, flashing the discount card for a further x% off;
    (3) Use Nectar or suchlike to get further cashback.

When you add the possibility of getting BOGOFs etc, and using other vouchers, this works out to be quite a good return.

Also, it takes so long you never leave the house, which also works out cheaper... I've not done it, but could be good for regular and bigger purchases.

M
    mjh1977 Highest debt -18.5k (Dec 04) Current debt now below £10k for the first time in 4 years :j
  • ^!£$&
    ^!£$& Posts: 1,929 Forumite
    I get 10 free rentals a week
    Plus 20% off at Game Statiion & Blockbusters
    Also get free first calss rail Travel Thanks to Dad
    Get 10-20% off at restauraunts & pubs thanks to sis working for Local Council
    Get 10% student discout at various stores like new look, arcadia group, etcc..
    One Friend works at HomeBargains so can get discount there if item cost over certain ammount cant remeber how much!
    Other friend gets me 33% discount at waterstones & 20% discount at hmv!!!

So I save at least £50+ p/w
  • Ally
    Ally Posts: 5,786 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Monsoon give their staff 75% discount off everything and a monthly credit of £250 for buying clothes to wear on the job! My friend has around £1,500 (that was the last time she mentioned it - last year!) on her card and she couldn't manage to use it all! ..... Told her I could handle it :rotfl: easy! I wish .... but we do all get Monsoon goodies for birthdays and xmas etc!

Accessorize have to 75% discount, not sure if they get the monthly credit though :confused:

I think that is a fantastic discount .... probably one of the best!

edit: off to apply for a job with Monsoon now that they have more flexi hours:D
    I can say whatever I like here ... 'cos no one can see me .. ner ner ner ner ner !!!....

How do you know I ain't sitting here butt naked?!?!

I thunk I've made you think for a minute!
    :j :rotfl: :j
  • janeym8
    janeym8 Posts: 529 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    you can enter your nhs pay number into nhs discounts and get money off of loads of things-can still be cheaper using some codes etc from on here-oh and if Im lucky I will get a plaster if I cut myself lol

janey xxx
    LIFE IS FOR LIVING-I`VE LEARNT THAT THE HARD WAY
  • My little sis works at Ann Summers and get a massive 30% off

&

sometimes they get afew vouchers to pass onto friends and family
    No Unapproved or Personal links in signatures please - FT3
  • jo_b_2
    jo_b_2 Posts: 7,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Next offer cashiers a 50% discount off all full-priced items and non-sales staff a 25% discount.

Luckily, I've got a friend who works in Next and loves going shopping with me! :D
  • Ally
    Ally Posts: 5,786 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Ikea do 15% of regular stuff, 50% off display stock ... but more often they get around 70% off ... I know someone who just purchased an £800 item with other bits and bobs thrown in for £200:D
    I can say whatever I like here ... 'cos no one can see me .. ner ner ner ner ner !!!....

How do you know I ain't sitting here butt naked?!?!

I thunk I've made you think for a minute!
    :j :rotfl: :j
  • seanparkin
    seanparkin Posts: 579 Forumite
    my OH works at debenhams,

both her and myself get a 25% discount staff card. I think it only gives 10-15% off concessions though...
    DONE: Great North Run 09! Raised £452 for the National Autistic Society
    SOON: Cycling John O'Groats to Lands End! For the National Autistic Society
    Please sponsor Me! http://www.justgiving.com/sean-parkin

Debtwatch - Flexiloan (£1844 - £0 by July 11) - Personal Loan (Closed Jan10!) - Egg CC (Closed June 09!) - Tesco CC (Closed May 10!)
  • I work for my husband as a full time domestic technician, I get free room and board, free food and I pay for nothing and I get a compnay car - only down side is I have to clean the free room and the rest of the house and shop for and cook the free food and I have to sleep with the boss.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure