PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Turkey Crown

Its my 1st time cooking xmas dinner, and i'm feeding 8. (:eek: ) I've ordered a turkey crown from local butchers but confused on cooking times. All the cooking times I have found seem to be for a whole turkey and I assume that the cooking time will be less for a crown.

Also i've been watching the jamie olivers christmas dvd and he cooks the turkey in a tin on top of some veg and then uses the juices to make the gravy, can I still do this with the crown?

I ordered the crown as I thought it would be easier but all turkey info seem to relate to a whole turkey, therefore am thinking of changing order to a whole turkey:confused:

Comments

• I too am cooking a turkey crown for 4 from the local butcher. I am guessing from the whole turkey instructions that for at 1.5kg weight somewhere between 1hr - 1hr 30mins but really it is a guess:j

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :xmassign: :xmastree:
    final unsecured debt to repay currently £8333
    Proud to be Dealing With my Debt
    DFW Nerd 1154 Long Haul 155
  • I like dark meat, so crowns aren't for me :D I did a Google and found this on Waitrose site - 45min/kg at gas 5.

HTH - I suspect more people might be after this info ;)

Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • The British Turkey website reccommends 20 minutes per kg and then 90 minutes at the end

http://www.britishturkey.co.uk/recipes/recipes/recipe.101.shtml
  • I am still imperial and use 20mins per lb +20mins. I usually check after the first cooking time and if the juices run clear I take off the foil to brown it for the last 20mins.

I use these timings for all poultry and it seems to work!
  • kippers
    kippers Posts: 2,055 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    My aldi turkey crown = 2.2 kg took 2 1/2 hours gas 4
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business