My washing machine vibrates the whole kitchen!

Options
2»

Comments

• Mr_Proctalgia
    Options
    Two questions :- Does it vibrate if you spin it when empty and whilst it is off if you open the door and take hold of a good handfull of drum is there any play in it?
    The quicker you fall behind, the longer you have to catch up...
  • indiegirl_2
    indiegirl_2 Posts: 1,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Apologies for the late response to this, I've been waiting for my internet connection to be sorted to the flat (and a phoneline, and TV... but that's another whinge).

Some of you will sniff, but it's a brand new Hotpoint (see, told you some would sniff) Aquarius "super silent" (ha!) washer dryer (WD645). By brand new I mean a week old. All transit bolts were removed once it was delivered when plumbed in.

I've had the spirit level on the machine and it's dead level...

I haven't spun it when empty but there is no play in the drum when turned off. On a slower spin, there is slight vibration but it's only once I select a full 'rinse and spin' that all hell breaks loose. It's a 1400 spin so I guess like RedOnRed's Bosch it will vibrate, I wasn't quite expecting as much, though!

KillMy... thank you for your suggestion. I love the idea of the 'floating floor' and will almost certainly investigate that. It doesn't sound expensive and could just be the solution...
  • bigburd
    bigburd Posts: 117 Forumite
    Options
    My machine used to vibrate a lot on spin too. My solution was to pack a wad of paper in the small gap between the top of the machine and the underside of the worktop. This cushions the machine while holding it still against the floor. Mine's in a utility room so it's just stuffed in at the front but you can do it at both sides about half way back with the same effect. Because the wad is not a completely solid block, there is a bit of 'give' so the worktop and machine are not damaged.
  • metalli-chick
    Options
    If your machine is brand new and has been installed properly, as you said it was - all level and the transit bolts removed - it should not vibrate. Get on to your seller/installer or Hotpoint and complain about the vibration and noise. If you wait too long it will end up out of warranty and that's never good.

When it's fixed it sounds like the rubber footed fake floor could hurt for your neighbour downstairs though.

metalli-chick
  • elvis_bloggs
    elvis_bloggs Posts: 8,276 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My washer vibrates if all the washing gets stuck to one side of the drum on a spin.
  • kelbells
    Options
    medical wrote: »
    pls check that you have taken the safety thing at the back ( to do with transporting)
    out
    we had our washing machine vibrating for 6 months and could not fathom what the problem was until we called someone in
    medical

was having the same prolem with my new machine it was like it was possessed flying across the kitchen, i choose the wrong option when ordering and didnthave them install it, thought it was as simple as connecting the pipes!!! i removed those big bolts transporter thingys like u said and the machine is F I N E fine!!! lol

thanks for that x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport