Aircon Regas

Comments

• haribo85
    haribo85 Posts: 23 Forumite
    Sorry to reopen this thread... but what with the hot weather, it's reminded me that my air-con needs to be re-gassed sooner rather than later, and I am looking to get it done as cheaply as possible.

Looking on this thread people have said it's around £30 at Kwik-Fit, but looking on there site it's from £49.

Am I missing something?

Thanks
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    haribo85 wrote: »
    Sorry to reopen this thread... but what with the hot weather, it's reminded me that my air-con needs to be re-gassed sooner rather than later, and I am looking to get it done as cheaply as possible.

Looking on this thread people have said it's around £30 at Kwik-Fit, but looking on there site it's from £49.

Am I missing something?

Thanks

If you read the other threads you'll notice that they say KF often have "offers" to get it at the low price. Clearly the offer isn't on at the moment, that's all.
  • s_b
    s_b Posts: 4,463
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    its an offence to fill an air conditioning system if theres a leak so quick flit have to check this first so its not customer relations its a legal requirement

this was a public service anouncement
  • Premier_2
    Premier_2 Posts: 15,141
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite

Am I missing something?

Thanks

As I said in post#3
    Premier wrote: »
    Formula One currently have a special offer for air-con regas of £29.00 :)

Offer still on. Why look anywhere else?

(All these automatic filling machines check for leaks and won't fill if a leak is found)
    "Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
  • worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 24 March 2012 at 10:46AM

Am I missing something?

Thanks

Went to finally get mine done yesterday and they have put the price up to £49 now the sun has come out. I didn't bother getting it done as I am confident they will soon have a "half price offer" of £25 so they can claim you are getting a good price. Everywhere I've looked is now £49. You snooze you loose.

edit-just checked Formula1 and they are still advertising £29- do Kwik fit price match?
  • Crabman
    Crabman Posts: 9,943
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Forumite
    edit-just checked Formula1 and they are still advertising £29- do Kwik fit price match?

In my experience they are competitive when they know a customer's not in the habit of issuing blank cheques. Give them a call, you lose nothing by asking.
  • avantra
    avantra Posts: 1,327
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Re gassing in winter is always cheaper.
    Five exclamation marks the sure sign of an insane mind!!!!!

Terry Pratchett.
  • stevec59
    stevec59 Posts: 296
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Any one know of any deals on at the momment?Halfords are doing £49,but I have seen people posting to avoid Halfords.

Steve
  • As above anyone know anybody doing it cheaper? :)
    Married 1st October 2015:heartpuls

1st Baby due June 2016 :happylove
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Have a look at your local main dealers, they too have aircon offers that often match, if not beat, the likes of KF & Halfords.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure