TMTI VIP Cancellation?

Coolhandluke
Coolhandluke Posts: 642 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
Whats the best way of cancelling my TMTI VIP package before the first 30 days are up.
The company web site is unavailable and theres no answer when phoned.

Comments

• g33za
    g33za Posts: 706 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    cancel the direct debit they setup before the first one is due... did u get a pin number through the post?
    ummm...
  • Coolhandluke
    Coolhandluke Posts: 642 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    No DD has been set up yet but i will keep checking.
    Noticed on a previous post that don't set up the DD until the day that the first payment is due so to make a bit arkward to cancel.
    What do you mean by PIN number?
  • g33za
    they are supposed to send a pin number so you can use their services, i never got that pin number and to this date they never setup a direct debit... its been over a month now. I'm pretty sure they cant setup a direct debit and take it on the same day.. but i could be wrong.
    ummm...
  • Help! I was automatically signed up to this TMTI rubbish when I bought a phone from e2save.

I cancelled it from the website a few days before direct debit (that I had never even authorised anyway) was due and I checked on my online account to cancel it but it was not there.
    Yet they have taken £14.03 from my bank account by a direct debit they must have set up on the day. Extremely annoyed.

What are my rights as I have never even authorised this direct debit in the first place. Any advice greatfully received.
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    I always cancel it by calling TMT and never had a problem. You're covered by the direct debit guarantee so complain to the bank AND call TMT. I've actually found them helpful and the service occasionally worthwhile and always take the free month where it's offered.
  • I phoned today and they are going to refund the money but it takes 10-14 days. Slightly annoyed as I never even agreed to service in first place. Bank says as long as companies have your account and sort code numbers they can set up direct debits. I gave my details to e2save for Orange not for TMTI.

Be very wary is all I can say and check your bank statements thoroughly, I'm glad I did!
  • g33za
    I phoned today and they are going to refund the money but it takes 10-14 days. Slightly annoyed as I never even agreed to service in first place. Bank says as long as companies have your account and sort code numbers they can set up direct debits. I gave my details to e2save for Orange not for TMTI.

Be very wary is all I can say and check your bank statements thoroughly, I'm glad I did!

Just out of interest, did TMTI send you a PIN to access their services?
    ummm...
  • Yes they did send a PIN as that's how I accessed their online service to cancel it but they still took the money afterwards.
  • contracts with e2save come with both e2save phonecare (insurance i think)and TMTI VIP tech support free for a month, obviously i'd like to cancel them but theres no instructions on who to contact, does anyone know where I can phone/write/email to get both these cancelled?
  • ring e2save they'll cancel it.
    Wondering how to have a life & not rack up more debts...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure