anyone understand how these 'Globogift' certificates work?

Options
Any one who does surveys with Zoompanel may have heard of them as they use Globogift as their reward voucher...received my gift voucher in an email today with instructions on how to redeem it...you input your country, choose which retailer you want to redeem it for, then go to check out and put your reward ID in...this is where i got confused...it converted the amount from 25us dollars to british pounds...about £15 i think, told me to input my debit card details for the other £9!! i shouldn't have to pay to top it up, it's supposed to be a reward, i would be quite happy to just have the £15 it converted to but it wouldn't let me pass without insisting on my bank details....anyone familiar with this system who could help me get my head around it? much appreiciated...:o
2020:Stationary bundle, puzzle book, Tarmac pen, bundle of games , gardening bundle, GIF collectables toy, Mars goodies, La ReDoute bundle, mug set. 2022: Feb: Maltesers biscuits, book

Comments

• cally6008
    cally6008 Posts: 7,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    that sounds dodgy to me, does google through up any ideas ?
  • davester
    davester Posts: 4,079 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    google doesnt bring up much thats good, a few positive reviews but alot of sites that scream scam.
    Survey earnings total 2009 £417, 2010 £875, 2011 £574
  • kell.b
    kell.b Posts: 240 Forumite
    Options
    I've never seen Globogift certificates on Zoom, when did they start doing these?
  • lilbooboo
    lilbooboo Posts: 495 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    not sure...think they've been there all the time but you have to have quite a few zoompoints before you can redeem a $25 globogift voucher...i think i went to the gift area and where there are 3 portfolios it's in the one which has prizes which you can get when you get that many points...the other portfolios with less points have other prizes in.
    2020:Stationary bundle, puzzle book, Tarmac pen, bundle of games , gardening bundle, GIF collectables toy, Mars goodies, La ReDoute bundle, mug set. 2022: Feb: Maltesers biscuits, book
  • clemmatis
    clemmatis Posts: 3,168 Forumite
    Options
    I had one too. I had a problem too, I had to choose a voucher but their conversion left me short of the money I needed for it, so I had to settle for one worth quite a bit less than the 'reward' I should have had (for a 10 pounds one). I haven't done a Zoompanel survey since (not that this is their fault), it is hardly worth the hassle anyway and definitely not when there is no straightforward way to get the money you're owed...
  • veggieblob
    Options
    last time I claimed a globogift cert I made the value up to the level I needed so that I didn't lose out. I have just put in a claim today so can update on progress if you like. They are genuine though and I've never had an problems with them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure