IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

G24 Contractual parking charge notice

Comments

• give_them_FA
    give_them_FA Posts: 2,998 Forumite
    Let them "demand" away. You have no obligation to tell them or even to respond at all, so simply give them the cold shoulder, they are utterly useless and will give up and go when they realise you mean what you said when you refuted their claim.
  • SodG24
    SodG24 Posts: 1,123 Forumite
    I have received one of these charges, and looked on some websites to look how to best respond. Should have ignored it, but chose to write to them, but haven't accepted any liability and indeed refute their claim. They have written back to me to demand evidence of who was driving - i shall ignore any further correspondence from them. Makes me so mad!

Ignore them - the go away quite quickly. If you really want to converse with them then ask how their discussion with HMRC went about not paying VAT :D
    All aboard the Gus Bus !
  • Recently I took my 92 year old mother shopping to Aldi. We used my mother's disabled parking permit for the first time as my mother doesn't drive. On leaviing the shop we noticed a parking ticket on the car from G24. On seeing this my mother was obviously very distressed (as was I!!). We've now been (fined £50 - lol!!!). My mum now wants to pay the fine and I have lost 2 nights sleep thinking about this. I have since noticed that my mother's disabled parking permit had expired (this has subsequently been renewed). Can anybody advise?
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    MUMSLAD wrote: »
    Recently I took my 92 year old mother shopping to Aldi. We used my mother's disabled parking permit for the first time as my mother doesn't drive. On leaviing the shop we noticed a parking ticket on the car from G24. On seeing this my mother was obviously very distressed (as was I!!). We've now been (fined £50 - lol!!!). My mum now wants to pay the fine and I have lost 2 nights sleep thinking about this. I have since noticed that my mother's disabled parking permit had expired (this has subsequently been renewed). Can anybody advise?

If you had taken the time to read the posts above, you would have realised that this is not a "fine", and that you don't owe them a penny. As for blue badges they don't apply to private car-parks. So stop worrying. Don't forget that this bunch of clowns are not the police or the council. they are just a tin-pot private company with no more right than you or me to demand money off people.

I wonder if the people who run G24 have any conscience at all when their stupid actions so worry people that they lose sleep over it. I think the word "despicable" comes to mind.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • give_them_FA
    give_them_FA Posts: 2,998 Forumite
    YES. Start sleeping again, and tell your dear old mum that your friends at MSE have sorted it for you.

This ticket has NO VALIDITY, it wouldn't have mattered if no blue badge had been displayed at all as the scheme is not valid on private ground. However according to the Equalities Act and Disabled Discrimination Act anyone who has a disablement, can use the spaces and any attempt to stop them is illegal and you can sue for damages.

You can either TOTALLY IGNORE all the toilet paper you get from this miserable excuse for a company and wait for them to crawl back under their stone; or you can take the offensive and tell the management at Aldi (do not waste your time talking to the parking company) that in accordance with the above Acts they are breaking the Law in regard to the actions of their agents and they must either ensure that the invoice (it's NOT a fine) is withdrawn or they will be open to be sued for damages.

DO NOT:

1. Pay
    2. Worry.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,589 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 4 March 2012 at 1:50PM
    MUMSLAD wrote: »
    Recently I took my 92 year old mother shopping to Aldi. We used my mother's disabled parking permit for the first time as my mother doesn't drive. On leaviing the shop we noticed a parking ticket on the car from G24. On seeing this my mother was obviously very distressed (as was I!!). We've now been (fined £50 - lol!!!). My mum now wants to pay the fine and I have lost 2 nights sleep thinking about this. I have since noticed that my mother's disabled parking permit had expired (this has subsequently been renewed). Can anybody advise?

Don't even think about letting your Mum pay this scam charge! :mad:

Read the top thread here for pictures of the letters to expect and ignore (who is the registered keeper, they will get these letters and they are horrible for a vulnerable person to cope with!)?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

Also on that clip you will see a solicitor on Watchdog explain what to do.

BUT you Mum is of a generation to just pay any debt. This isn't a debt - it's a scam - but if she's the keeper she won't cope with ignoring those letters shown in the top thread will she? Or is it your car, can you ignore these or would you rather complain?

So I suggest, do what a friend of mine did when a 90-year old neighbour got one of the fake PCNs in Dunelm Mill. Watch the Watchdog clip first and look at the letter pics to understand what this is all about, the legal side (which is that there is no law that allows them to fine anyone, this is just an invoive though so whilst it's not illegal it is certainly ignorable!). Anyway, my friend marched into Dunelm Mill with the offending piece of trash, the current Blue Badge and the receipt from the shopping and complained to the Manager until the offending fake PCN was cancelled and an apology given.

Do not 'appeal' to the parking company. This is a disability law breach if they do not cancel it when you prove she was genuinely disabled all along. Blue Badges actually don't even count in private car parks - legally what counts is that she is disabled and can legally use the adjustment of a disabled bay UNHARASSED.

Bottom line, you/she could sue the retailer and the private parking co (PPC) but if you are not up for that then go for the serious complaint to the retailer (not appeal, complaint about this harassment and disability law breach). If the threatograms keep arriving and they do not cancel this rubbish, please come back here if you have the stomach to sue both parties for damages for this harassment.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • RachyEveV wrote: »
    I have too recieved a parking fine from G24 Ltd this is dated a week earlier where I was parked on a retail park which I did not know was classed as 'two hours free parking' (even though I have visited this retail park on numerous occasions). This letter shows pictures of my car entering and leaving the car park with closer pics of the reg number stating I overstayed by 26mins therefore am subjected to a fine. I may have possibly overstayed in this car park but am not sure. The sum of the fine is £50.00 if paid within 14 days or £70.00 if paid later.
    I have been reading posts on here and going by these I assume I should ignore these letters???!! I do feel a little worried though, but at the same time am fuming that these companies can get away with doing this! I very nearly just sent a cheque and paid the so called fine until a colleague at work advised me to do some research first.
    Are you sure that we can ignore these notices? I rceived one on Feb 26th for £70 for parking in a shopping centre car park at 5;15pm and leaving 162 minutes later which exceeded the free parking for 120 minutes?
  • Trebor16
    Trebor16 Posts: 3,061 Forumite
    Are you sure that we can ignore these notices? I rceived one on Feb 26th for £70 for parking in a shopping centre car park at 5;15pm and leaving 162 minutes later which exceeded the free parking for 120 minutes?

Yes, just ignore them. It was a free car park so their loss is zero.
    "You should know not to believe everything in media & polls by now !"

John539 2-12-14 Post 15030
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary

Of course you can ignore them . They are not the police or the council. They are just a private company with no more right than you or me to demand money off people for breaking their made-up "rules".

By law they can only claim for the actual material loss suffered by the landowner. As this was a free car-park, that comes to a big fat zero,
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,589 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary

If you just stop to read the top sticky thread 'PPC letters & threats' then you would know all about this scam and would have seen a solicitors confirming our advice. See my signature, the current forum is only a click away (it's not just this thread...).

That's why that sticky thread is at the top instead of being hidden within a random thread like this one.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure