AKC Distribution/Marketing

Comments

• Chorton wrote: »
    Why on earth would you spend out on all those catalogs and then just post them in letterboxes?

Why not just talk to the householder and ask if they would be interested in taking a look.

If they say no move on.
    If they say yes arrange a time for collection.

Result: no lost catalogs and the ones who say yes are targeted customers.

With the amount of Hassle i could imagine trying to get em back (knocking on doors in the cold to hear the old excuses "O the dog ***ed on it or chewed it up when you posted it" to "i cant find it"

To the petrol costs used to visit delivery streets if miles away, and competition of other Distributions around the way trying to make a few quid like yourself it is definably not worth it,

I got my own business and still get auto emails like this today which make me chuckle because it is lies or a very good imagination.

"I wish I could earn an extra £50 a week to make ends meet.
    I wish I could find a little part-time job working from home.
    I wish I didn't have to spend all that money on child minders.
    I wish I didn't have to travel to work during the rush hour.
    I wish I could spend more time with the kids.
    I wish I didn't have to wake up to an alarm clock.
    I wish I didn't have to get up quite so early for work.
    I wish I didn't have to ask the boss for time off for school sports day.
    I wish I didn't have to take my holidays when the boss says so.
    I wish I didn't have to give the best part of the day to the boss.
    I wish I didn't have to wait until the end of the month to be paid.
    I wish I could afford to send the kids on school trips.
    I wish I could afford the odd weekend break.
    I wish I could be home when the kids get home from school.
    I wish I had flexible working hours.
    I have made all these dreams come true and more besides.."

Why not email me at """""" or text me on XXXXX and suggest a good time that I can call you, and let's see if I can make some of your dreams come true.

Kind regards,:T:T:T:T:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    "MSE Money saving challenges..8/12/13 3,500 saved so far :j" p.s if i been helpfully please leave me a thank you but seek official advice at all times from a pro
  • There's no hassle getting them back if you've spoken to the householder.

Posting them through random letterboxes is like doing an expensive leaflet drop, and so your precious catalog is instantly seen as junk mail and consigned to the bin in many cases.

Direct selling only works when you create a relationship with the people you want to sell to.

Maybe you were looking for instant results which doesn't happen in any business.
    Whether you own a shop in the high street or are a jobbing builder you have to target your customer.

In direct sells you carry your storefront in the form of a catalog, you wouldn't leave your high street shop unattended, so why treat your catalogs any different?
  • Chorton wrote: »
    There's no hassle getting them back if you've spoken to the householder.

Posting them through random letterboxes is like doing an expensive leaflet drop, and so your precious catalog is instantly seen as junk mail and consigned to the bin in many cases.

Direct selling only works when you create a relationship with the people you want to sell to.

Maybe you were looking for instant results which doesn't happen in any business.
    Whether you own a shop in the high street or are a jobbing builder you have to target your customer.

In direct sells you carry your storefront in the form of a catalog, you wouldn't leave your high street shop unattended, so why treat your catalogs any different?

But its not direct sales its distence multi level marketing cold calling you still missed a fact out

For example if you had 25 tescos right next to each other which one would you choose to shop at? The same with kleenze around the area all kleenze does is recruit more and more doorstop sellers in the same areas which causes competition and less money. But more money for catalogues

Thank you
    "MSE Money saving challenges..8/12/13 3,500 saved so far :j" p.s if i been helpfully please leave me a thank you but seek official advice at all times from a pro
  • Chorton
    Chorton Posts: 10 Forumite
    edited 12 December 2012 at 1:59PM
    OK instead of 25 Tescos in a row, let's go back to when the high street had all the major supermarkets next door to each other.

Did you just shop in one, as you may well do now, or did you go from one to the other to find the bargains from each?

The art of selling is only achieved through relationships. No matter what you are selling and how much competition there is.

People buy from people.
    Who would you buy from a guy who anomalously sticks a catalog through your door and runs off, or the guy who takes the time to introduce themselves, and demonstrate the benefits of buying from them?

You may not buy there and then, but you now know what's on offer and if in the future a need arises for a particular product who gets the business?
  • This thread seems to be going off topic, but in the world of today people are more and more looking only for the best deal. I don't think that people buy from people - except possibly in small villages.

I look online for everything. Argos is moving from catalogues to online services in an attempt to survive. You can see demonstration videos online.

I can't see much future in catalogues and door to door sales: their time is over.
    Who having known the diamond will concern himself with glass?

Rudyard Kipling

• Chorton
    Chorton Posts: 10 Forumite
    What you are doing in essence is buying face to face but the face is corporate.

You shop where you shop online because you trust the retailer either through personal use or through recommendation.

Each is a relationship. If you have a bad experience with a retailer you won't recommend and you won't buy from them again.

Look at how many sites now use social media like Facebook etc for business.

Macey's for instance is the most liked business page on Facebook with something nearing 10million. Imagine that, every time they post something 10million people see it and all because they have liked their page.

But the old ways are not obsolete. There are still those who don't have or want to be involved with the Internet age.
    Therefore it will be a few generations yet before the printed word advert is gone for good.
  • googler
    googler Posts: 16,103
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Chorton wrote: »
    People buy from people.
    Who would you buy from a guy who anomalously sticks a catalog through your door and runs off, or the guy who takes the time to introduce themselves, and demonstrate the benefits of buying from them?

Neither. I can find no reason to buy the Kleeneze products, when those from Lakeland, for instance, appear to be better quality. Someone once tried to persuade me to join Amway, and I didn't because I honestly couldn't picture anyone buying their nondescript stuff.....
  • I have been delivering these catalogues for 8 months now. It does work but it does take hard work and dedications. Your customer base grows the longer you persever. There are loads of people who still want to buy from catalogues and its true that you will get more customers if you build a relationship with them. I have customers that wont buy from anyone else because of the relationship I have built with them,
    You do have to buy your catalogues, bags etc but how many businesses dont have expenses. I dont know any.
    I personally would recommend giving it a go, but the choice is yours.
    If you do decide to go for it, Good luck, hope you enjoy it as much as me.
  • JDC14
    JDC14 Posts: 436 Forumite
    Because that wasn't the sales spiel of someone looking to recruit themselves.
  • TrickyWicky
    TrickyWicky Posts: 4,025 Forumite
    karinaf wrote: »
    I have been delivering these catalogues for 8 months now. It does work but it does take hard work and dedications. Your customer base grows the longer you persever. There are loads of people who still want to buy from catalogues and its true that you will get more customers if you build a relationship with them. I have customers that wont buy from anyone else because of the relationship I have built with them,
    You do have to buy your catalogues, bags etc but how many businesses dont have expenses. I dont know any.
    I personally would recommend giving it a go, but the choice is yours.
    If you do decide to go for it, Good luck, hope you enjoy it as much as me.

You signed up to make one post saying how good Kleeneze is?

Going back on topic, AKC is a kleeneze distributor. The wording and the pay is nearly always the same in all kleeneze adverts. No idea why but it just seems to attract those ways of wording them.

Kleeneze works for some not for others. I've done it twice. First time I found a couple of areas where the orders were plentiful (poorer areas - people spend more) but the deliverys were a pain by citylink who don't give you a time, refuse to leave without a signature and I had to pick the stuff up from the depot miles away (consuming any profit in those orders). I couldn't find anyone else to take the orders for me while at work so quit. The second time.. chaos. The company had clearly gone down the pan. I ended up in an area where one distributor had been doing it for 18 years, no-one would buy from me and the further I went the more expensive the fuel bill was getting.. and I was still hearing the other distributors name :mad: She was known for making her money from Kleeneze but didn't recruit - she only did the sales side of it and apparently survived purely on those alone. I did get a few orders but then it vanished in transit and kleeneze threatened legal action to recover their £100 odd of goods. Eventually they agreed to write it off. 3 months later Citylink turned up with the most battered, crumpled and damaged box of stuff you'd ever want to see. Opened it up, there was the missing stuff that Kleeneze never bothered to track down and threatened to sue us for. Quite a few of the bits were broken but it was at least all there considering the gaping holes in the box from where citylink had repeatedly kicked it around the depot. Kleeneze weren't exactly helpful or apologetic at their chums citylink doing this or for their negligence as the sender in tracking it down. Citylink had no apologies to make and so I told Kleeneze where to go.

Its true there are people who make good money from it but as with anything, you have to go round with your catalogues on a regular basis so that people realise that you're reliable and timely otherwise not many people will buy. Also don't bother with well off areas, they don't like buying from catalogues, you'll loose plenty of them and many will keep promising "they've not filled out the order form but there is something I wanted" just to keep you going back week after week to get their twisted kicks. The best places to go are the poorer areas - areas where people want cheap carp that will make their lives a bit easier. Some plastic thing that does some miracle job to enlighten their lives just seems to sell in poorer areas - no idea why. You can still loose just as many catologues but you can also get bigger orders than you'd expect too.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure