AKC Distribution/Marketing

Hello.

I have seen this company advertising on total jobs website

akc distribution. (Sorry I am unable to post links)

Has anyone on here worked for them, or do currently work for them?

Any advice, experiences etc would be welcome.

Thanks.

Comments

• I have just been looking into this job too and would be interested to hear any feedback good or bad :)
    Everyone loves a bargain :beer:
  • Coopdivi
    Coopdivi Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    I wouldn't say it's a scam but it's entirely misleading.

The website has an application form on it and that's it. No address, no phone number, no privacy policy. Nothing. However if you look on the Domain Registration, which all websites have to have, you'll see the name of one Abigail Colclough who states that she's a non-trading individual.

http://whois.domaintools.com/akcmarketing.co.uk

Her name's plastered all over the internet though because she is actually a Kleeneze distributor and AKC Distribution is the website where she recruits new agents.

http://happytv.biz/html/abigail_colclough.html

Kleeneze is multi level marketing (MLM) which is a type of legalised pyramid selling. There are two ways to make money with MLM:

1. Sell products to the general public, in this case door-to-door.
    2. Recruit new distributors and take a slice of their earnings. Which is what Ms Colclough is doing because it's easy money compared to 1.

You'll have to pay upfront for equipment - between £75 and £165. Catalogues will cost £30 for 50.

So it's not really a job at all is it?
  • Coopdivi wrote: »

Kleeneze is multi level marketing (MLM) which is a type of legalised pyramid selling. There are two ways to make money with MLM:

1. Sell products to the general public, in this case door-to-door.
    2. Recruit new distributors and take a slice of their earnings. Which is what Ms Colclough is doing because it's easy money compared to 1.

You'll have to pay upfront for equipment - between £75 and £165. Catalogues will cost £30 for 50.

So it's not really a job at all is it?

Pyramid selling actually refers to the early franchises. MLM or Network Marketing is not a job, never claims to be. It is a business and therefore requires investment. Agreed there are 2 ways to earn.

The retail is horrible but gives you cash in hand. Some people we knew did pretty well just on retail. The recruitment side is far more lucrative. However you are wrong to say you take a slice of their earnings. the total sales for your team would if enough entitle you to bonuses PAID BY THE COMPANY

We left because you have to deal with idiots.
  • Coopdivi
    Coopdivi Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    The advert on Totaljobs.com looks like a job to me.

http://www.totaljobs.com/JobSeeking/WORK-FROM-HOME_job52577439

Surely if it wasn't a job AKC Distribution would have said so? 'Salary £200 - £4,000 + per 4 weeks':rotfl:
  • I was referring to Kleeneze
  • Just a heads-up - the same advert has just been posted on Jobsite - Riders Retail also get a mention as being the source of the post.

Tony
  • scooby088
    scooby088 Posts: 3,385 Forumite
    I see these sort of positions advertised on the jobcentre website and they say they guarantee NMW where as my OH who has done both kleenze and betterware and she would never do it again as there is no money in it, for the hours you spend delivering brochures and then trying to get them back wasn't and isn't worth the effort. I'd say stay well clear of these companies.
  • 1welshlady
    1welshlady Posts: 10
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I used to work for Kleeneze and believe me it was no job. I work and just wanted to boost my earnings, so decided to give it a go.
    I had to pay for the catalogues up front, which were not cheap.By the time I would distribute them, then I would have to call back to collect them. Sometimes people were out so I had to make another journey. I would then have to deliver the orders, again if nobody was home I would have to go back another time. I spent a lot more money than I ever made and wasted a great deal of my time.
    What was meant to have been a part time job, ended up being a full time job with no pay.
    My advice is too avoid it.
  • Take it from one who tried it. Don't.

Kleeneze was in the group with that Christmas hamper firm that went bust.

Here is what happens - they look for a steady stream of people to do the hard work of delivering the catalogs. You have to buy them! Lots of people just bung them in recycling. Very few people actually buy anything. From my experience the products are not that good.

But its great business for the team leaders, who make a profit for doing nothing. If you do go to one of their team meetings you get a ton of propaganda about what a fantastic lifestyle it is (for them) and how you always have to pay Kleeneze on time.

And they will try and sell you a load of "accessories" like plastic bags with logos on them and all sorts of other promo stuff that ought to be free.

In my road a new person tries this every six months or so but they soon realise they have been had. There is a book on doorstep now but it wont get collected.
  • Chorton
    Chorton Posts: 10 Forumite
    Why on earth would you spend out on all those catalogs and then just post them in letterboxes?

Why not just talk to the householder and ask if they would be interested in taking a look.

If they say no move on.
    If they say yes arrange a time for collection.

Result: no lost catalogs and the ones who say yes are targeted customers.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure