Free sample USB pen drive (Probably)

2»

Comments

• Excuse me, it doesn't say anything about having to purchase 50, it says free example. And don't call me a dumb Brit, I was just posting a freebie for the masses. What kind of company sends you one free example as an incentive to make you buy thier stuff AFTER you have ordered 50+, yeah a real bonus aint it?
    Maybe I was being polite, maybe I should have added: Just another dumb know it all MSE poster who doesn't understand FREE

Well when I looked it didn't make it clear that you could just ask for 1 sample. Maybe I am being a bit dumb but when I clicked on quantity the minimum was 50 for the USB pen drives and the free sample was of the design which I pointed out - not to be rude just to make any other posters aware before thinking they had a link to a free USB pen.

Desperate Mum- i dont think any of the above messages were aimed at you, it was chuckles1066's messages that people were reacting to .
    i think it was good of you to let people know that it appeared to you that you had to order 50 and you did so in such a polite manner. so don't worry i dont think anyone here thinks you were being rude in the slightest-just merely stating your observations.
  • thomas01155
    thomas01155 Posts: 2,366
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    cool thanks
  • I havent ordered one but have a thanks anyway for taking the time to post the freebie. Hopefully it may be of use to some one :)
  • RoCas wrote:
    Whether the OP was mistaken or not, chuckles, your comment is unnecessary and offensive to him/her. Choose your words more carefully next time and be polite to ALL MSEers.

Furthermore, I think you should apologise the the OP.

It is your kind of reaction that puts the more timid MSEers off posting ... then we all lose out on freebies.

Whilst I disagree that what I said was "unnecessary" (today's namby-pamby society unfortunately has a lot less moral backbone than mine), I'll withdraw my comments and offer my apologies to the OP.

In my defence (and this is something all MSEers should be aware of before posting "bargains"), posts to this site get propogated onto other sites (http://www.bargainspy.co.uk being one of many examples).

It damages the reputation of this website if someone on an external website links to a "bargain" posted here only to find it's actually quite the opposite.

Just my 2 euros worth.
    You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky

Any advice that you receive from me is worth exactly what you paid for it. Not a penny more or a penny less.
  • sindy_2
    sindy_2 Posts: 298 Forumite
    Whilst I disagree that what I said was "unnecessary" (today's namby-pamby society unfortunately has a lot less moral backbone than mine), I'll withdraw my comments and offer my apologies to the OP.

In my defence (and this is something all MSEers should be aware of before posting "bargains"), posts to this site get propogated onto other sites (http://www.bargainspy.co.uk being one of many examples).

It damages the reputation of this website if someone on an external website links to a "bargain" posted here only to find it's actually quite the opposite.

Just my 2 euros worth.

"Dumb brit" is/was unnecessary
    :DDistant fields will always look greener.
    Yet, golden opportunities are all around you
    :D
  • sindy wrote:
    "Dumb brit" is/was unnecessary

Well I maintain that, generally speaking, Brits are dumb, you maintain that they arent; shall we agree to disagree and draw this thread to a nice, peaceful end?
    You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky

Any advice that you receive from me is worth exactly what you paid for it. Not a penny more or a penny less.
  • [QUOTE=DesperateMum
    The OP originally stated it was a free USB pen not 'probably'.[/QUOTE]

Title of the post was

Free sample USB pen drive (Probably)

Enough said surely?
  • Well I maintain that, generally speaking, Brits are dumb, you maintain that they arent; shall we agree to disagree and draw this thread to a nice, peaceful end?

Surely you mean "aren't" or "are not" !!
  • Please keep the bad attitude, rudeness and failure to appreciate others for the CSA's at Tescos, which they seem to prefer as their standard method of attack to RnR. (That is, some of them).

Don't take it out on each other. Respect is what I offer everybody and appreciate in return.
  • The vast majority of us "dumb Brits" can at least reassure ourselves that we have a higher IQ than the usa president!
    Join the Sarcasm Appreciation Society.

(Yeah...Like we need your support!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family