Free sample USB pen drive (Probably)

Free sample USB pen drive (Probably if were lucky)
http://www.cd-rmedia.co.uk/usbpendrive/

Comments

• It's a free sample of your design on a USB pen drive and you have to buy a minimum of 50 !!
  • Excuse me, it doesn't say anything about having to purchase 50, it says free example. And don't call me a dumb Brit, I was just posting a freebie for the masses. :mad: What kind of company sends you one free example as an incentive to make you buy thier stuff AFTER you have ordered 50+, yeah a real bonus aint it?
    Maybe I was being polite, maybe I should have added: Just another dumb know it all MSE poster who doesn't understand FREE
  • GoofyGAT
    GoofyGAT Posts: 1,835
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    It says, "Free sample available of your design on a Pen Drive" - only the design is free.

They'll most probably send an empty plastic/metallic case the size & shape of a pen drive with your design on it - there aint gonna be any memory in it. OP, I think you should edit your post's title & content to reflect this, as most people are going to get the wrong idea ;). G
  • jonnym
    jonnym Posts: 167 Forumite
    well, my USB drive has adhesive tape around it at the moment, so I reckon if they send me one with thats just a shell, I'll try to doctor it up with my current one...:p

Thanks OP, I see A LOT worse in the way of "freebies" on this site than that...
  • jonnym wrote:
    well, my USB drive has adhesive tape around it at the moment, so I reckon if they send me one with thats just a shell, I'll try to doctor it up with my current one...:p

well 50 x 32mb flash drives (the bare minimum available via this "freebie") comes in at £149.99.

If there's a worse "freebie" please post the link.

What a shocker!
    You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky

Any advice that you receive from me is worth exactly what you paid for it. Not a penny more or a penny less.
  • mick_uk
    mick_uk Posts: 17 Forumite
    jonnym wrote:

if this helps to stop any argument read this

Thank you for your recent request for a Free example of a branded USB pen drive with your company logo via our sister site ‘CD-RMedia.co.uk’.

DiscMakers Ltd are a leading UK optical disc/flash memory manufacturer.

Simply email us with your company logo and we will engrave a USB example immediately!

***Sample USB drives are for visual representation only, no internal flash memory is included.

so you will get your new shiny case BUT there is a charge of £10 p+p
  • This freebie may not be much use to most people in here but it is free so it should be in here and if you owned your own compony maybe it would be useful for you
  • Excuse me, it doesn't say anything about having to purchase 50, it says free example. And don't call me a dumb Brit, I was just posting a freebie for the masses. :mad: What kind of company sends you one free example as an incentive to make you buy thier stuff AFTER you have ordered 50+, yeah a real bonus aint it?
    Maybe I was being polite, maybe I should have added: Just another dumb know it all MSE poster who doesn't understand FREE

Well when I looked it didn't make it clear that you could just ask for 1 sample. Maybe I am being a bit dumb but when I clicked on quantity the minimum was 50 for the USB pen drives and the free sample was of the design which I pointed out - not to be rude just to make any other posters aware before thinking they had a link to a free USB pen.
  • paullj wrote:

The OP indicated this might not be a freebie (the use of the word [Probably]) so I can't see any reason for the abuse.
    QUOTE]

The OP originally stated it was a free USB pen not 'probably'.
  • This funny tho, good potential freebie link but in reality they are somehow trying to make people pay £10 for empty plastic case with no memory, they must be targetting companies with a lot of money to throw away. These days you can get a 2gb flash drive for £25, hehe
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure