Resolvecall

Just had a visit to my door from these idiots looking for my husband. Told him he wasnt in and he went to give me a letter. i refused it and told him that he wasnt an invited guest and could he leave my property as he didnt have permission. He said I dont need permission and refused to leave.
Ive shut the door and hes pushed the letter through letterbox but is still sitting in his car outside. i'm shaking with anger and am terrified.
Does he not need permission?

Comments

• DVardysShadow
    DVardysShadow Posts: 18,949 Forumite
    Go outside, tuck the letter under his windscreen wiper and get on with your day? He is trying to scare you, so don't be scared.

You have as much right to tuck his letter under his windscreen as he has to put it through your door.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • SuzieH
    SuzieH Posts: 97 Forumite
    Thanks you so much. Am !!!!ing it -i'm in the house with my kids.
  • Gordon_Hose
    Gordon_Hose Posts: 6,259
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    If you're scared, call the Police. Seriously.

This sort of intimidation should not be tolerated, especially if the little 'uns are scared.
  • Culex
    Culex Posts: 776 Forumite
    SuzieH wrote: »
    Does he not need permission?
    Of course he does.

Call the police and get him warned off.
  • Culex
    Culex Posts: 776 Forumite
    Go outside, tuck the letter under his windscreen wiper and get on with your day? He is trying to scare you, so don't be scared.

You have as much right to tuck his letter under his windscreen as he has to put it through your door.
    The trouble with that plan is that leaving one's house might give the oaf an opportunity to enter the house.

A better idea might be to get a friend, a neighbour or even one of the sprogs to return the letter in the manner described; if/when he assaults the person who has returned the letter, the police may (it's still not certain) be a bit more interested.

Did the oaf say that he was a process server, or that the letter contained court documents?
  • NeverAgain_2
    NeverAgain_2 Posts: 1,796 Forumite
    Agree with what's been said so far.

Worth remembering that if there's a scuffle on your doorstep/hallway and you hit him, it's likely to be his problem.

If you walk down the garden path and clock him one, it's likely to be your problem.
  • Gordon_Hose
    Gordon_Hose Posts: 6,259
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    lol, no-one needs to get hit.
  • SuzieH
    Stood at the window with the phone in my hand ( as though to contact police) and he drove away. It was just a letter saying to contact them but he was intimidating.
  • chanz4
    chanz4 Posts: 10,867
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    they are a debt collection agency, from glasgow.
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
  • SuzieH
    chanz4 wrote: »
    they are a debt collection agency, from glasgow.
    I know who they are but they werent invited to my home
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport