Lifestyle Claims

Hi i have been approched by this company and just wondered if anyone has used them and had sucess?

Comments

• :eek: today i've just been rung by lifestyle claims and also wondered if any of the other people on this site have had any successful outcome with this company, i am very wary of people phoning up and asking for over £200 up front, when i asked if they couldnt take it out of the money i was due at the end before i got it they said no, even though they are adamant that i will get a good pay back from the people i have taken money out with over all these yrs, they used the excuse that they used to do that,but some people were doing it as a financial gain. but what i couldnt understand is that they are the ones that send you a chq when they get the money from banks etc who you've had payments with, so how can people defraud this company and not pay them the amount out the gains they are receiving. its ok for this company to say how much your going to receive at the end but you have to pay this amount up front, yea but i need that amount to pay the fee they are asking for in the first place. :j
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,051
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    what i couldnt understand is that they are the ones that send you a chq when they get the money from banks etc who you've had payments with, so how can people defraud this company and not pay them the amount out the gains they are receiving.

Many financial firms refuse to deal with the claims company as much as they can. So, on successful complaints, they will often send the money to you. Some people then go on to refuse to pay the claims company.

For many of the dodgy claims companies, of which there are far too many, they make the bulk of their money from the up front fee. Many have gone on to close down and go into administration before the fees are refunded.
    its ok for this company to say how much your going to receive at the end but you have to pay this amount up front, yea but i need that amount to pay the fee they are asking for in the first place.

How do they know what you are going to receive? When they gave you a figure, did they ask you first how much your PPI cost, how it was sold to you and checked if the sale was compliant or not? Or did they just give you a random figure out of thin air?

Increasingly common now is for firms to void the PPI cover and place any refund within the loan (nearly always the case on arrears or written off cases as well). When that happens you dont actually see the money. You get a reduction in your debt instead. Yet the claims company will take their percentage and VAT against the amount of redress.

A new tactic that has been mentioned as well on this forum a few times recently is where some claims companies are not only taking a cut against the redress but also future potential savings as well (that is particularly dodgy but then that isnt a problem for many of these cold calling fly by nights).
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • I was also rung by this company on the 9/11/2010 and foolishly handed over £352.50 (an odd amount I thought at the time) but the very next day I changed my mind and phoned them to tell them. They told me to wait until I received the welcome pack and then return it with a note to confirm the cancellation. I would then have my money refunded. This has now been 6 weeks and I have still not had my money back despite many many phone calls and emails. My last call was yesterday early morning and was assured that I would be called back immediately. Guess what a day later and still no call. I am now passing all the details to the Sunday Mail who have dealt with similar companies in the past, and I suggest you all do the same.
  • Hi

I also had a call from Lifestyle Claims - £300 up front and then 30%, (or 25% for smaller claims) when the money is paid back to me by the banks.

They advised Id be fully refunded the up front charge if I was unsuccessful but then after asking me 7 or 8 questions (no specifics were provided by me) they advised that I met 4 or 5 criteria needed to make a successful claim (where 1 is apparently all thats usually required to guarantee a claim.)

The thing is - it did sound appealing - and I understand that's the job of the seller to make me feel that way. I also know there are some poo companies out there - but on the flip side, I do have 7 or 8 credit agreements going back over 10/15 years and I know from my wife (who claimed back a decent amount of PPI on one of her CCs) that the success rate is high (if done properly - i.e., she ultimately used the FOS) because the banks were so shoddy with how they sold the agreements.

So...back to the original question I guess. Has anyone had sucess using Lifestyle Claims. Did they come good on their promises about having the money to you by about 20 weeks, or indeed refunding the up front charge if not successful...?
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,004
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    SteveH360 wrote: »
    Hi

I also had a call from Lifestyle Claims - £300 up front and then 30%, (or 25% for smaller claims) when the money is paid back to me by the banks.

They advised Id be fully refunded the up front charge if I was unsuccessful but then after asking me 7 or 8 questions (no specifics were provided by me) they advised that I met 4 or 5 criteria needed to make a successful claim (where 1 is apparently all thats usually required to guarantee a claim.)

The thing is - it did sound appealing - and I understand that's the job of the seller to make me feel that way. I also know there are some poo companies out there - but on the flip side, I do have 7 or 8 credit agreements going back over 10/15 years and I know from my wife (who claimed back a decent amount of PPI on one of her CCs) that the success rate is high (if done properly - i.e., she ultimately used the FOS) because the banks were so shoddy with how they sold the agreements.

So...back to the original question I guess. Has anyone had sucess using Lifestyle Claims. Did they come good on their promises about having the money to you by about 20 weeks, or indeed refunding the up front charge if not successful...?
    DO THIS CLAIM YOURSELF AND SAVE A FORTUNE. These companies only send a letter to the bank, just like you can, they have no more of a success rate that you or i would have, you might as well set fire to a pile of money, at least that would keep you warm!!!!.
  • jannie_may wrote: »
    I was also rung by this company on the 9/11/2010 and foolishly handed over £352.50 (an odd amount I thought at the time)

Presumably you did that on a Credit or Debit card.

If it was a credit card claim it back from your card provider under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

If it was a Visa debit card ask your bank to do a chargeback.
  • Hi,

Wondered if anyone can help at all, I have given this company some money upfront who are going to look in to my mortgage and other things like credit cards etc, and say they can guarantee a minimum of £2,500 or your money you've laid down back, can anyone give me any advice as i'm currently sending my documents over to them. ps. I think I have no ppi which didn't seem to bother them as they said there are lots of flaws in the terms and conditions.

Thanks very much in advance! :)
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,051
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I have given this company some money upfront who are going to look in to my mortgage and other things like credit cards etc

Thats a known scam.
    say they can guarantee a minimum of £2,500 or your money you've laid down back

Its a guarantee they cannot make in respect of the £2500.
    can anyone give me any advice as i'm currently sending my documents over to them

Dont bother. Cancel if you can and get your money back. Hopefully you can before they run away with it.
    I think I have no ppi which didn't seem to bother them as they said there are lots of flaws in the terms and conditions.

The success rate on this sort of thing is in the low single digits. Probably around 1-2%. Any claims company still doing this sort of thing is either doing it knowing they are going to go into administration at some point taking all you paid with them or its an even more blatent scam where they take your money and then do a runner. Possibly selling your personal data on to third parties for them to scam you as well.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Hi jannie may - This has also happenned to me and, despite them acknowledging that I have returned the paperwork and sent a letter cancelling (I sent them recorded delivery) they still won't refund my fee. Have you contacted the Ministry of Justice on to report this? This is the body that regulates claims management companies. Lifestyle Claims are registered as Client Connections T/A Lifestyle Claims. Perhaps if everyone did this they may lose their license. Can you let me know where you sent the details to at the Sunday Mail and I'll do the same. Let's put some pressure on people with influence to get this bad practice stopped.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure