December Debt Destruction!!!

Comments

• Sleep tight Kat!!

Thank you for granting my NSD wish, Ninja Fairy Godmother ;)

Exercise-wise, yes it was outside. I never count lugging my sumo of a daughter around in my exercise as I'd have 6 20 minutes sessions each day!! :P I walked to work (2 miles) from work (2 miles also - who'd of thunk it?) and I spent a good hour running up and downstairs in my office today to my boss & back. I've only put this down as 1/2 hour though in case it just felt like that much... hehehe

Sleep tight, gutted about Tesco Express. Mine is right outside my flat, followed by a sainsbury's then a little further down a huge asda. We are talking a 10 minute walk to asda at the most... but depending on how rubbish I feel/how terrible the weather is, I end up in the one I feel I can manage the walk back from when I go out for odds and sods. Plus side our tesco express puts all their stickered stuff out at 4pm sharp ;) tip from my single mum of 1 neighbour ;)
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • Declaring another NSD today taking me to 5. Tomorrow is a spend day as a couple of colleagues want to go out for drinks for an hour. we don't finish work until ten ish so it will only be an hour.

Exercise i am trying to keep up with - did extra cycling yesterday, swimming (and sauna) today and have to do about 8 miles cycling tomorrow.

I did get a new job today though which will increase my income considerably. gosh i am excited :D
    1% at a time challenge member #127

MWF: as@ Oct13 £45,917, now £43,024.56
  • Just made Thai cous cous and had half for supper with a bit of coleslaw and it was lovely. not had it for ages. Taking rest to work tomorrow with coleslaw, tomatoes and cucumber.

Have banned myself from shopping at approved food for now. Stuff is cheap but if it sits in your cupboard.... Perhaps I just need to use up what I have and be more selective next time. I bought gallons of Lloyd grosman soup last time and it was vile.

I also have a tesco express nearby, just across the road (no value products there either) and its next to a Chinese. Very handy but a bit to tempting!
    'Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'
  • Kerfuffle
    Kerfuffle Posts: 1,384 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 14 December 2012 at 6:49PM
    HI everybody,

Not much to report for me. I had a NSD so the figures are the same as yesterday, and now on 4 NSD.

I was tempted to go to the supermarket tonight on the way home from work, just for the sake of going as I didn't actually need anyhing, but reminded myself that if I bought anything I would have to declare it on here and I couldn't face admitting the un-necessary spend to you guys.:rotfl:
    Tea tonight is HM spagetti bolognaise from the freezer, remains of a previous batch cook, so nice and easy, easy enough for Hubby to cook up anyway ;)

We're nearly out of fresh orange juice and rather than buy some more we're going to use up the frozen concentrates from the freezer, so hopefully tomorrow I will be able to avoid the supermarket again.

Food 6.14 / 50.00 (for 2 people)
    Petrol 29.66 /105.00 (2 vehicles)
    Christmas Food 30.00
    Christmas presents 50.00
    Unplanned spends 6.66
    NSD 4 / 20
    SD 2 / 11

Toodles

Edited the NSD v SD
  • JAMIEDODGER
    JAMIEDODGER Posts: 4,339 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning all.

Another day at home planned for me today. More studying, hoping to finish this essay today, still have some words to lose but am aiming on sitting at desk until its blinking finished!!

Out tonight to ds3 school disco, which all I have to attend as he is special needs. Taking dd with me. Drinks and snacks will be free but will have to use the car to get there!

Have best friend and her kids over for tea straight after school which will be lovely:) I cook dinner for all the kids and we get to drink tea and natter:)

Other than all that it will be a NSD:j
    November NSD's - 7
  • Mancman86
    Mancman86 Posts: 104 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Need to reassess today...at some point. Havnt been naughty with any cash, this "Mancflu" has caused me to lose the plot somewhat - some say I lost that years ago. Tried the garlic thing Kat, lets just say I had to clean the entire Kitchen with bleach.
    It was -5 for most of the day yesterday, I was in town for a meeting on lunch with a colleague - didnt spend any money on lunch as had sandwiches, however I did feel very sorry for a homeless guy who was shivering as was his small labrador, So I bought him a Greggs Pasty and Coffee (as specified by said homeless guy) and also bought a bottle of water and a poochie pouch full of food from Tesco Metro - total spend £4.90
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    I'll have my work xmas dinner tonight straight after work. But I'll stick to the free wine and take the bus home so it'll be an NSD as it's the same route home as from work so it's bus money I'd spend anyway just later in the day.

Oh and I found an easy way now to incorporate my exercise. I found a different bus route home (get a lift in the morning) which is not only cheaper but I also have to get off earlier and then have a brisk 20 min walk each day.
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Morning :)

Was on a right downer yesterday..what can i say, time of the month :D

Back on form today. yesterday was NSD #5, but today wont be a NSD as i am going shopping in Lidl.
    I am going to see if i can get the weeks shopping on £40 instead of £50 this week.
    I dont have much to get really, so it shouldnt be too hard!

The exercise is going well, i am battling through the wind and rain to walk my son to school and back :)

Hope you all have a good day!
  • BigMummaF
    BigMummaF Posts: 4,281 Forumite
    I've only had one spend day so far, & managed to get muvva's usual annual for-the-kitchen calendar from a charity stall set up in MrT's foyer at the same time. In all I guess I gave Dogs for the Deaf around 20% more than I needed to so my charidee bit is covered. Altho not technically as specified as per The Rules, I am prepared to defend any giving against not doing it because it's the wrong day, so there *defiantly pokes out tongue, but runs to hide behind a paperclip to avoid possible fall-out*

I'm registered as muvva's carer so running up & down her stairs is good exercise (second floor, no lift=no option
    :o) but admit I do struggle with this bit. I never have seen the need to become all hot & sweaty running around in circles & probably never will. I'll happily research why the track is 400m long & who decided you had to run counter-clockwise; just don't expect me to join in the physical bits.
    I think it's because I was classed as a 'chesty' child until 17 yrs old & they finally decided I was asthmatic. I'd be out in the bracing winter winds waiting for my wheeze to wain on the hockey pitch, or stood alongside the supporters of summer sports days, sneezing till my eyeballs burst. Books became a lot better for my bronchial benefits & that habit hasn't left me since.

Still, all this chattering isn't getting the lunch ready. Stay warm Peeps & Stay Safe x
    Full time Carer for Mum; harassed mother of three;
    loving & loved by two 4-legged babies.

• Sholly
    Sholly Posts: 269 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Hi DDDers,

Just calling in to declare NSD #7 :j which includes today but I have no need to spend any money today. Tomorrow will probably be a spend day as I'm going out for my birthday, it will just be a meal or cinema or something so won't be too pricey. Tuesday is my actual birthday but my MOT is due on the 18th and Tuesday is the only day I can get it done...seriously, who books an MOT for their birthday!!!! So the next few days will be spend days but I've got my budget sorted and will keep my MSE hat on (sure it will match my nice sparkly dress!!!)

Might also have to pop to Tesco soon before I turn into a baked bean!!

Hope you all have a good weekend - Kat hope you have fun on your walking weekend

Sholly x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport