Bounce Bounce Bounce (like tigger) to a healthier and happier you with Slimming World

Comments

• mich_city
    mich_city Posts: 13,830 Forumite
    was shocked to find out in group that mince pies have 12 syns!! can think of better ways to use that amount on ;)
  • Ah so I have written off the first half of this week, from tomorrow I will be going on a push to still see a loss (even just a small one) this week.

Today:
    B/L: small tin of spaghetti hoops, banana, cup of tea with milk from HeA
    T: chicken dinner - grilled chicken, small yorkshire 3 syns, gravy 1syn, mixed veg and maybe a couple of very small roasties 2 syns

So 6 syns
    HeB will probably be bran flakes before bed
    HeA is my usual milk

Tomorrow will be mostly free stuff, actually I may make a choice for tea which will be entirely free in which case syns will be hot choc before bed.
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,566 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post

A lot of "non-veg" fans at group started blending veg and adding it to passata. Broc, Carrots, basil 1 beef oxo = beefy soup. Follow it with fruit for your SF. after a few weeks of things like that they found that they ate more veg styles of SF.

Someone will probably say that blended stuff doesn't count to your SF as it's lost it's fibre (a bit like fruit smoothies)
    mich_city wrote: »
    make some SW chips or wedges and have them with meals perhaps? :)

So you mean have something lke SW chips and egg and make up the SF with fruit. That would work. Another alternative is to have some Green days instead then you can have extra HEXs.
    beanielou wrote: »
    If you are still losing weight I wouldn't worry about it too much.

There were various changes last year when the new books came out too. If I'm honest I've just stuck to my old book and what I'd learned. One thing I did do was go back to WM bread. I used to have WW Brown Danish as you could have 3 slices but that changed. Sometimes it's down to manufacturers coming up with new 'improved' recipes. What I'd do is go on eating the OSS and chalk it up as something that could be tweaked if your weightloss stalled and you wanted to be extra strict with yourself.

I've been more or less sticking to plan. I'm not feeling 100% so haven't much of an appetite so I think eating less is probably compensating for the few 'naughties' I've had.

Sorry to hear about your DH shellie and the horrid meal. It's always a risk eating out at this time of the year. Your DH's company is allowed to reorganise to save money but not to choose him for redundancy because he's foreign. I do hope they're being fair and honest.
  • mich_city
    mich_city Posts: 13,830 Forumite
    maman wrote: »
    Someone will probably say that blended stuff doesn't count to your SF as it's lost it's fibre (a bit like fruit smoothies)

I wondered if it was the same for veg as fruit.. in theory you'd think so but looking on various threads regarding if soups etc made with sf's should be synned i'm finding its ok to have them blended!

lazy day today, had a lie in!

B/L: bacon and philly on toast he (a+b)
    few plums and nectarine mid afternoon
    T: spag bol, (ex lean mince, added.. onion, mushroom, peppers, toms, passata, stock cube, lazy chilli and garlic).. yoghurt, banana
    syns: peanut hifi 6 dunked in a mini choc phiily pot 4.5 yummy!
  • bethesda
    bethesda Posts: 539 Forumite
    hi can i join in please? ive just started going to group ive got a bit to lose and i will be doing mostly ee but with a few green days thrown in.
  • Back again. After 9 weeks have lost 1st 4.5lbs. Had been away for a week visiting my DD so was enjoying a few treats.... And still lost 2lbs coz I really tried to have good breakfast and lunch then relax for evening. ...had hoped to lose 2 st by Xmas.... May not quite make it but am so happy this plan works and even with slip ups and nights off you can get back on track and lose weight!
    2014 reach my best.
  • welcome bethesda :)

Feeling much more positive today despite being struck down with a cold yet again! My immune system must be absolutely shot at the moment

Breakfast: Bran flakes (HeB) with milk (from HeA) and a cuppa
    Lunch: Jacket potato and tuna and a little light mayo (2syns) OR a tin of spaghetti (free) whichever it is it will be followed by a couple of pieces of fruit
    Tea: bf wants cottage pie so I'm tempted to make his the usual way but then make mine just veg with a little gravy (2syns) and the usual mash topping. Not really feeling like meat today plus I'm trying to stay light on syns and including the meat would make it 8syns :O In fact I'm tempted to get some cheap foil dishes and make a second 'normal' one to stash in the freezer so there's no waste

Off in to town so that's a good hour or two of walking to add to my body magic, should get my gold award in a week or two, and I will be picking up some fruit and veg.

Actually thinking on it, has anyone tried Quorn mince in dishes like spag bol or cottage pie? I've only ever used their chicken style pieces but if I'm right the mince is free(?) so I could use that to keep syns low in a few meals...
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • Re the fruit/veg thing apparently it's something to do with the way they breakdown when blended.... fruit has lots of natural sugar and becomes synned.

After being totally off the wagon since Friday evening, I can't wait to eat lots of fruit and stuff today. I also need to WI wednesday morning as I can't get to any of the evening groups this week. Need 1.5 to club 10 but I'm hoping to just STS at least.

Good luck to all weighing in today x
    Became Mrs Scotland 16.01.16 :heart:Became homeowners 26.02.16 :heart:Baby girl arrived 27.10.16 :heart:Baby boy arrived 16.09.2018
  • TakeItEazy
    TakeItEazy Posts: 2,660 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Welcome to all the newbies and well done to all the losers. Huge hugs to all in need but gentle ones for me please. Have got an inflamed sciatic nerve and have had since last saturday so am blaming it for my 1lb gain this week as been popping pain killers and eating rubbish to compensate for the pain :o. Got so bad yesterday and last night that I'm off work today as working with 4/5 yr olds is agony. To much bending and low furniture has finished me off. I was daft enough to struggle in last week with no appreciation so am being kind to myself and taking the time to get better. I am determined to make the word 'mug' disappear from my forehead :rotfl:
    Hope everyone still has their mojo and is keeping the faith :A:A:A
    Its not what you do but the way that you do it, thats what get results :T
    Keep the Faith All

Heartbroken 12.12.13 :cry:
  • Blodwen
    Blodwen Posts: 841 Forumite
    Hi all,

Just a quick one as started new job today, so not much time to post and unsure how much I'll get on in future but wanted to say hi.

Sorry to hear about your troubles Shellie and TIE *hugs*

Not 100% on plan because of first day but doing my best. Really want 1lb off tonight for award but we'll see. Also couldn't go find my SW card this morning so hoping that turns up - have a countdown on it and not sure what happens if you lose your card - anyone have any idea?

B: Golden syrup OSS
    L: tesco light choices prawn mayo sandwich, satsuma
    T: ? We'll see after fat club!

x
    2011: [STRIKE]Houses[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]weddings[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]cats[/STRIKE]
    2012: [STRIKE]Start renovating new house (aka open enormous can of worms)[/STRIKE] _pale_
    2013: [STRIKE]Lose weight[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]get fit[/STRIKE] and FINISH THE HOUSE!

Weight loss - Apr '12 -Sept '13: 95lb
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport