IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

CP Plus Ltd - 2ND LETTER NOW IN RED!

Comments

• Rupert_Bear
    Rupert_Bear Posts: 1,303 Forumite
    RetroBob wrote: »
    It's the same with the TV lisencing people, use words to scare you but when it comes down to it they have no teeth.

Difference is they will prosecute for not having a TV license. Teeth or not!
  • Crabman
    Crabman Posts: 9,943 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Hi Drive4it

Would you be willing to scan the letters in (removing all personal details of course) so that people receiving similar correspondence from CP Plus Ltd in the future will know what to expect from the scam? It is obvious from your first post that you were worried and we would like to help people in your situation realise it's just a scam.

If so, please post the image links in the below thread and update the post whenever you receive a further letter. PM me if you have any questions or need help uploading:

Received PPC Letters? Please read...
  • taxiphil
    taxiphil Posts: 1,980 Forumite
    FINAL WARNING
    OFFICIAL: TAKE NOTE that we have now resorted to RED INK, as the BLACK INK we used on our previous letters obviously didn't scare you enough. We hope the RED INK and LARGE BOLD TEXT IN CAPITALS will make you believe that this matter is now REALLY SERIOUS AND YOU'RE IN A LOT OF TROUBLE unless you pay us IMMEDIATELY.
    Come on, just get your chequebook out. Please. Otherwise we may be forced to consider sending you another letter with more RED INK in a final attempt to scare you, after which we'll give up on you because there's nothing more we can do.
  • Pimpslider
    Pimpslider Posts: 192 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 9 February 2010 at 4:04PM
    darboy wrote: »
    Hi
    Interesting reading as I have had a similar experience with the same company.

1st letter explaining the offence and the £80 fine reduced to £50 if I paid within a set time.
    2nd Red letter full of threats.
    I've just received my 3rd letter headed LEGAL ACTION PENDING. £80 now increased to £120 (£40 collection and admin fee).
    Legal and court costs, Solicitors, Bailiffs, County Court, Ability to obtain credit in the future. All these were mentioned in the letter.

My reaction is no action appart from filing letter 3 with the other 2.

Drive4it - please let us know when you get your 3rd and I will keep you informed of any further letters.

Cheers

Had the 3rd letter now from TPS....LEGAL ACTION PENDING.

"Parking Charge Notice was issued on...To date no payment has been received...£40 Collection and Administration fee added...To avoid this being passed to our Legal department please pay £110 within 7 days...further legal and court costs may be added together with interest...should this matter be referred to our Solicitors they reserve the right to take legal action to enforce this contract...they will then seek to have a warrant issued for Bailiffs to recover the debt...ability to obtain credit may be affected...please pay by cheque, postal order or via automated payment line"...that's the basics of it!

I'm loving the BOLD SCARY WORDS....!!!

Can't read the signature. No name, just a scribble above the word TPS Parking Solutions Ltd.

Am a little surprised that the 2nd letter had loads of RED all over it, but this one is just black and white? Are they trying to save money by not using red ink anymore?

Also, non of the letters have been recorded delivery.

JOG ON TPS!!!!
    I'M NOT AS THINK AS YOU DUMB I AM...
    Like Gary the No-Trash Cougar says: "Give a larbage, throw out your garbage!" Spread the word!
  • James_N
    James_N Posts: 1,089 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Difference is they will prosecute for not having a TV license. Teeth or not!

Some people don't have TVs, and there is no need to have a licence!
    Under no circumstances may any part of my postings be used, quoted, repeated, transferred or published by any third party in ANY medium outside of this website without express written permission. Thank you.
  • Alx*27
    Alx*27 Posts: 128 Forumite
    It's the same with the TV lisencing people, use words to scare you but when it comes down to it they have no teeth.

TV Licence people have no teeth but can prosecute if you admit all to them. Keep quiet and they have no evidence.

Parking companies can take civil action but the difference is that the charge is not enforceable.
  • Pimpslider wrote: »
    Had the 3rd letter now from TPS....LEGAL ACTION PENDING.

"Parking Charge Notice was issued on...To date no payment has been received...£40 Collection and Administration fee added...To avoid this being passed to our Legal department please pay £110 within 7 days...further legal and court costs may be added together with interest...should this matter be referred to our Solicitors they reserve the right to take legal action to enforce this contract...they will then seek to have a warrant issued for Bailiffs to recover the debt...ability to obtain credit may be affected...please pay by cheque, postal order or via automated payment line"...that's the basics of it!

I'm loving the BOLD SCARY WORDS....!!!

...etc...

JOG ON TPS!!!!

Just got a 4th letter, exactly the same as the 3rd, but dated 3 days later. But they both say I must "pay within 7 days of the date of this letter".

JOG ON....
    Like Gary the No-Trash Cougar says: "Give a larbage, throw out your garbage!" Spread the word!
  • Pimpslider
    edited 16 March 2010 at 1:12PM
    Got the 5th letter now. Building up quite a collecting now.

The letter is now from those lovely people at Debt Recovery Plus.

This is similar to the the first one from Debt Recovery Plus. Very similar to Letter 3 from Parkforce (CLICK HERE FOR THREAD) but now has an extra paragraph starting..."As a member of the British Parking Association (BPA) and its Approved Operators Scheme (AOS) we adhere to its code of practice...", then they go on 'invite me' to declare who was driving, or to 'disclose the identity' of who was, so they can 'avoid pursuing the wrong person'...and so on and so forth.

Then they add the usual..."You can view a selection of CCJ's we have successfully obtained against people who have ignored our correspondence on our website www.drpl.co.uk".

JOG...ON...
  • Pimpslider
    Got the 6th letter now. Building up a lovely portfolio.

The letter is the 2nd one from those lovely people at Debt Recovery Plus.

This is similar to the the 2nd one from Debt Recovery Plus. Very similar to Letter 4 from Parkforce (CLICK HERE FOR THREAD).

It's got the old..."NOTICE OF INTENDED LITIGATION". Predicted amount 'if' legal action is necessary is around £250.

Then they add the usual..."You can view a selection of CCJ's we have successfully obtained against people who have ignored our correspondence on our website www.drpl.co.uk".

JOG...ON...
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I see on their website that DRPL have a new member of staff:-

Gemma is the latest new signing at DRPL. Gemma has a wealth of experience and has a joined DRPL's expanding team to assist with administration duties. We wish her a long and happy career with DRPL.

It doesn't say what that "experience" is. Answers on a post-card please!
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure