Everest Windows Loan pay off in 24 months interest free

Comments

• I agreed to the Everest finance scheme too, after being told by the salesman that the 10% cashback ater 6 months meant that you gained, despite the interest.
    However, having today received a statement from the salesman (even though the first payment has been taken from my bank by Barclays) I have done the sums, and it is actually costing me £127 more even with the cashback! This is particularly gruelling as I have raised the money needed for the work through a mortgage, so am effectively paying 2 lots of interest on the amount!!!
    Does anyone have any advice PLEASE ?
  • My daughter has recently been caught up in the Everest / Barclays
    deceptive cover up to obtain money under false pretences.
    Fortunately she spotted it straight away on checking the paper work.
    Surely something must be done to stop this particularly when old people are involved.
    Can I suggest to you all that you contact the BBC WATCHDOG
    programme. Perhaps they can advise the best way forward.
  • Hi everyone

Everest's asked us to post on its behalf asking you to send more details to its customer service email address. MSE doesn't endorse anything a company may say on the Forum.

customer.relations@everest.co.uk
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • I wrote them a letter in January. No reply yet.

Keen to take your money, not keen to help when there are problems.
    Another reason to stay away.

Barclays wrote back promptly (but not helpfully).
    Have tried emailing customer service email as posted in this forum, will wait for a response.
  • sparkle28
    sparkle28 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 1 April 2012 at 6:27PM
    GreenHat22 wrote: »
    We have just had secondary glazing fitted by Everest. We had already raised funds to pay for home improvements but were basically told that one off payments would be more expensive than taking out a credit agreement.
    Naive of us not to smell a rat! We probably fell lucky with the installers and on the whole the fitting is OK. Although we need one piece to be refitted so not satisfied yet.
    Looking again at the credit figures shows that our monthly payment even over the minimum term equated to a much larger figure than the balance on the invoice.
    We have been totally misled, having the cash readily available and yet directed to a credit agreement, which actually costs a lot more in the long run.
    What I need to know now is are there any means to get out of this agreement? Is it possible to pay off ahead of the minimum term? We haven't begun repayments yet but have signed one piece of paper on the day of fitting.
    Beware!! and any ideas??
    Thanks

Yes you can pay the whole balance when ever you want. The window company will try to pursuade you not to as they and the salesman get their commission taken back off them. Don't bother with watchdog as some have said, they can do nothing useful. Go here instead: financial-ombudsman.org.uk/ and they will sort it properly for you.
  • Just had sales woman around today - Was all very misleading and confusing to say the least. After questioning her about finance I soon realised she could not give a straight answer. Comments like ''I've never had problems with any of these forms before'' and ''you have 21 months to pay the full amount then no interest will be charged'' and ''It's a standard form'' All were lies cant believe she would stoop so low - we are a young family and she was ripping us off!! In all agreements payments need to be clear and in this case it wasn't.
    The document you sign is for 10 years interest charged at the stated APR which was roughly 25%.

Glad she reversed into a fence over the road when she left the dizzy old bat!!:rotfl:
  • Hi,

I know this thread is a bit old but we had an everest guy round this evening to quote for a front door and 'roofline' replacement on our porch.

Whilst the product was good the quote came in at £5800!! Then the pitch kicked in for the finance product. He talked of 10% of this 10% of that etc, I directly asked what was the APR and he quoted the monthly figure of 1.86% and I asked again what was the annual rate, no answer. After a good 30 minutes of going through the figures and reprints of the quote got down to £3300 (phone call the manager, I'm only on comission etc). Said its not my problem of how everest pay him etc.

Made it very clear I was not going to sign this evening but wanted to look at the figures more closely, I wasn't comfortable to have a DD set up for the minimum amount and a SO for the 'top up' payment to clear the loan in 2 yrs. I said basically my agreement with Barclays would be for a 10 year loan and Everest recommend making 'extra' payments to reduce the loan term etc he said yes thats how it works.

Asked for a copy of the T&C's for the loan agreement and lo and behold APR 24.7%!!

Great product but all the guy really wanted to sell was the finance deal, said Everest love it because they get paid straight away whereas 'cash' deals aren't paid for fully until the job is done. No movement on a 'cash' purchase, the price was the price no other discount offered.
  • jobdone1
    jobdone1 Posts: 841 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    This happened with me for my bay window. What consumers need is clear upfront prices to hand. all the while they keep their cards to their chest and then give this so called amazing discount consumers should not be fooled. How can you say this you scream, as i have said i had the the big boys round then a local company (which was simple and no pressure half hour compared to four hours) and yes you guessed it it was a similar quote to that of the so called massive one day only sign on the line their and then deal. I think that says alot
  • I couldn't believe the prices quoted to me from Everest and another company who's name I forget.

We tried a local company, and they came out at half the prices quoted by the big boys. That's the way we went.
    "There are not enough superlatives in the English language to describe a 'Princess Coronation' locomotive in full cry. We shall never see their like again". O S Nock
  • Hi just realised that we have been mis sold everest finance through Barclays partner finance...we actually went back to the rep and he said it is 24 months interest free after telling him what we are going through he doesn't answer his phone or his mother answers and says he is in hospital....anyway we had windows installed by everest and the rep managed to convince us that as my mum had a Barclays account we would be eligible for 2 years interest finance through Barclays partner finance...we were not happy with this at the start and told him tha we would rather pay out right ...he then went on to say we would get a further 10% after 6 months if we did the finance ...anyway we hesitantly agreed ...as far as we were concerned it was 24 months agreement and he said as long as we clear the balance before the 24 month period is up we would be fine...anyway the payments started coming out of the account 206.87 per month...by the way we had the windows installed in nov 2011... We were making the payments as advised by the rep..anyway in nov 2012 we received the statement from Barclays partner finance...I was gobsmacked to see that even though we were making 206.87 per month we were being charged about £197 interest per month I contacted Barclays finance straight away who advised that we were tied into 120 month agreement... Said we didn't agree to that ...she said we had signed it therefore they couldn't do anything about it...I wrote to everest straight away....a couple of requests from everest with regards to what happened at the sale etc...anyway we continued our payments as per 24 months agreement...nothing heard from everest all year...anyway we made the final payment of £4600 in November and wrote to everest and stated that we have cancelled the direct debit as we do no owe anything...I have today received a lette after ver a year from a lady who said that the previous person who was dealing with our matter is no longer working for everest and after looking a all the facts she has said tha we signed the agreement therefore we need to pay the outstanding balance...which is almost £4500 ..I don't understand...yes we should have read the agreement....we trusted the salesperson...he is our kinsman in a turban and we trusted everything he said to us....we are now worried as we do not know what to do we cannot afford to make anymore payments...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure