NEW! Cheapest iPads - article discussion

Former_MSE_Becca
Former_MSE_Becca Posts: 250 Forumite
edited 1 November 2013 at 2:52PM in Techie Stuff
This is our old Cheapest iPads discussion. For the latest feedback see our new Cheapest iPads discussion thread.

articlealert2_banner.gif
This is the place to discuss the top iPad offers, as seen in the deals note:

Please note that all these offers are subject to availability as stock is constantly coming and going, so don't hang about if you spot a bargain.

Please click "post reply" to add feedback below or report any other deals you find.

Thanks,
MSE Becca

Comments

• misslee1888
    misslee1888 Posts: 70 Forumite
    edited 4 January 2012 at 4:11AM
    Looks like this company are selling iPad 2s really cheap. To be honest looks too good to be true, but I'm still tempted. !

Ipad2 3G wifi 64gb - £429
    Ipad2 3G wifi 32gb - £401.59
    Ipad2 3G witi 16gb - £390.20

They have first generation iPads as well.

Edited by misslee1888 *I've removed the link as it is a scam site, see the post below. Site is baymobile .co . uk *AVOID*
  • Sorry guys, just found this link, looks like it was too good to be true after all:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3698429
  • at makro,

if you buy with a neoprene case it is £299.99 + vat, and the case is £14.99 + vat.

That makes the ipad £359.99 and £17.97 for the case....

so £378 for an iPad 2 wifi 16gb with case
  • smerch1468
    smerch1468 Posts: 167 Forumite
    Buying a ipad2 with 3g is a waste of money imo. Its far better to tether to your mobile phone and use the data allowances within that contract although it is frowned up by the mobile phone companies, there is no way of them telling you are hooking up a tablet to your mobile phone.

I'm not a Ipad fan, bought a Samsung galaxy tab on ebay for £270 and its brilliant.
  • Ipad Data Tarrif alternative - don't forget the "Three" 3Gb PAYG SIMS available from Amazon for around £12 each. The PAYG sim lasts up to 3 months so you're effectively getting 1GB/Data/Month for only £4pm. These have been as cheap as £8 on Amazon and they don't seem to expire... I bought 18months worth on my last purchase - all are going strong.
  • iceman_2
    iceman_2 Posts: 130 Forumite
    The 3 deals are cheaper through Carphone Warehouse. £199 for 16gb 3G with 15gb data allowance. You can also get quidco cash back on this (£15 when I did it I think). Making the total £784 over 24 months, plus much higher data allowance than the best in the article.

It's showing out of stock at the moment though...
  • Cheapest place to buy an iPad 2 is in the Channel Islands. Only 5% GST (VAT equivalent) in Jersey and 0% in Guernsey. IQ shops are in both islands, but no internet sales. Picked up my 64GB wifi for £488 instead of £559. There is a £390 limit on importing goods in to the UK from outside the EU (details on the hmrc website) if you declare your purchases! But that does mean the 16GB wifi model is available for £333 to £350 with no customs worries.

Obviously you'll only save money if you're travelling to the islands anyway. Flights or ferries would probably cancel out any savings otherwise.

I agree with Smerch1468. Don't bother with the 3G model. Internet tethering with your mobile phone, or "personal hotspot" on an iPhone is the best way and up to three devices can use your "hotspot".
  • Chorlie
    Chorlie Posts: 1,029 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Ipad Data Tarrif alternative - don't forget the "Three" 3Gb PAYG SIMS available from Amazon for around £12 each. The PAYG sim lasts up to 3 months so you're effectively getting 1GB/Data/Month for only £4pm. These have been as cheap as £8 on Amazon and they don't seem to expire... I bought 18months worth on my last purchase - all are going strong.

I was just going to post the above, it's cheaper than GiffGaff (as quoted in the report) and if last for 3 months so if you only use 2.5Gb a month you can carry the remaining 500mb over to the next month.

Points to note is never use Top-Up, buying a new Sim works out cheaper and if you use Quidco you get £12.50 Cashback (at the moment) so it workout cheaper to buy direct from Three (via Quidco) rather than Amazon.

If you're a low data user than a 1Gb / 1 Month Sim from Three could workout cheaper (again compare Amazon to Three via Quidco).
  • my sister in law has an iphone on contract with three with unlimited data and uses her iphone as a thether when away in her caravan on her ipad and doesn't have to worry about the data allowance. i think it does depend on your contract though as I am with vodafone and i cannot tether on my HTC)
    Smile and be happy, things can usually get worse!
  • I got an ipad 3 64GB 3G for £32 a month for 24 months with no upfront cost, they oringally offered me a 16gb for free or £100 for a 64GB, I haggled and got them to waive that cost. They also threw in an apple cover/case and £20 credit. I was offered this as an existing Vodafone customer, this was back in October though...:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure