anyone got 1st central car insurance?

Comments

• twyds
    twyds Posts: 1 Newbie
    Hi,
    I take it no further news on whether they have included 3rd Party Insurance to drive other cars on their fully comp policy? I will be cancelling my policy first thing tomorrow morning. As this is normally standard i think it is really poor they do not give this automatically and as commented above, advise at the point of quote that it is not available.
    Quote Posts: 8,042 Forumite
    Who uses their DOC extension anyway?
  • shelly
    shelly Posts: 6,394 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    If people really need the DOC extension on their policy shouldn't they ASK if its included rather than wrongly ASSUME its included?

Take some responsibility guys......
  • I was of the impression the DOC was very rare these days thus making the OP's argument rather invalid.
  • car8788 wrote: »
    Thanks for your post Tom, if you cannot propose the powerful other cars it would be fairer to your customers and save you irritate of people canceling if you critical this out at the point of sale.

The other insurers don't

They tend to have it in the cover details that it isnt included. Why should 1st central be any different.

If its essential people should ask.
  • johnk
    johnk Posts: 432 Forumite
    The other insurers don't

They tend to have it in the cover details that it isnt included. Why should 1st central be any different.

If its essential people should ask.

Well, as MSEers, people do quote online through Quidco or confused. This normally does not involve any direct communications with the agency. A motor policy comes with a lot of entries, and people do make assumptions that certain entries are standard unless otherwise stated. I haven't seen many with such exclusions in my many years of insurance (in fact only "1st Central" and "Zurich Connect") so I think it reasonable to take it for granted if not mentioned in the stage of quotation. In fact, many policies (eg eSure) now make it clear that if this cover is unavailable, it would be advised in the process of quotation.
    Mark Hughes' blue and white army
    Quote Posts: 8,042 Forumite
    car8788 wrote: »
    Thanks for your post Tom, if you cannot propose the powerful other cars it would be fairer to your customers and save you irritate of people canceling if you critical this out at the point of sale.
    Subtitles 888
  • UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!

Despite reading the reviews on here, I read through the policy details and caled up to talk to the sales team at 1st Central. We were getting a really good deal and so I went ahead and purchased a car insurance policy. Done.... Happy...sorted. We were covered and could get on with driving in our lovely new car...

That was 2 days ago.

I have come home this evening to the following email: We are sorry to hear you no longer wish to continue your Insurance with 1st Central. Your Certificate of Motor Insurance should be returned to us immediately for cancellation. If you do not have this in your possession please complete, sign and return the Lost Certificate Declaration form which can be found on www.1stcentralinsurance.com.

Baffled, I then did what anyone would do and call the customer service team, which as per the same document as above states: If you require any further assistance you can email us on policysupport@1stcentral.co.uk or alternatively call our Policy Support Team on 0845 194 9930. Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 08.00 – 21.00

Were they open? Did I get a response? Was I able to clarify if I was still covered amidst the panic... NO! Not one of the numbers on their website worked and it is 7pm in the evening!? I got through to one number which is supposedly for "Making a Claim". In actual fact, it's nothing of the sort - the company I got through to is their out of hours message service... who are unable to pass on any messages.... nor do they have any access to any details on the 1st Central database... ????? They are only there "to deal with emergency call outs / breakdown" .......... I am absolutely LIVID!

I now cannot get in touch with my partner who uis currently out IN THE CAR... and I have no idea if he is even covered as we speak.

I am within my cooling off period and will be phoning them 1st thing (within hours obviously) to cancel... thankfully we ended up ony paying a deposit and not a full amount and hopefully it will not take long to get THAT back.. I fully intend to keep you posted, and in the meantime, STEER WELL CLEAR!!!!
  • hi everyone. just tried to contact 1st central... all phone numbers automatically disconnect you. this includes the sales line and the claim line! this is at 4pm on a monday, which I would have thought was in normal office hours. This is not filling me with a lot of confidence.
  • Forgive me firstly if I get babbling on this.. but they are making me mad :(

I took out insurance with 1st Central on 17th September and paid for my policy in advance. However I then sold my car on 26th September, so I called the 0845 telephone number on Saturday 26th oh let me see about 7 or 8 times and was holding on average about 18 minutes - so I called again on Monday 28th and was holding on one call for 32 minutes! Not a single person did I speak with....

So I sent an email on Monday 28th and again on Tuesday 29th and another on Wednesday 30th and one more on Thurday 1st October before I got a single response, which by the way was requesting confirmation of my NCB! :confused:

So I sent another email on Friday 2nd October as this is their "..preferred method of communication.." and I called their renewals line (which by the way is an 0800 number) and held until I spoke to an actual person. I was asked to send back the insurance certificate which I did on Saturday 3rd October.

9th October I receive an email "..I am sorry to hear that you no longer wish to continue your Insurance with 1st Central. Has your enquiry been dealt with yet? If you still wish to cancel the policy your Certificate of Motor Insurance should be returned to us immediately.." Frustrated I replied that they would have received the insurance certificate by now and I want my refund immediately.

15th October I chased 1st Central for my refund and received an email later that day with a final reminder for confirmation of my NCB or they "..will have no alternative other than to remove the Policy No Claims Bonus discount and proceed to debit your account with the additional premium.." getting really annoyed now I replied and re-iterated that this policy was to be cancelled from Saturday 26th September, the certificate has been returned and I want my money back..:mad:

19th October - I received not one but TWO separate emails "..We are sorry to hear you no longer wish to continue your Insurance with 1st Central. Your Certificate of Motor Insurance should be returned to us immediately for cancellation.." :T Well done 1st Central for providing great customer service. Your staff should be rewarded with P45's.

I still have no refund ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES INSURE YOU CAR WITH THIS COMPANY COZ YOU JUST WONT GET ANY SERVICE IF YOU NEED TO CLAIM :naughty:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure