Discount vouchers for York

Hi can anyone point me in the direction of any discount vouchers for York. I am off there with two young children at the weekend.
Many thanks

Comments

• sare_2
    sare_2 Posts: 303 Forumite
    Will be interested in this as I'm also going to York at the weekend with 2 young children, courtesy of the Travelodge £15 deal.
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Ok slightly off topic but we know York very well, my daughter is a student there.

Getting into York is the first thing but there is a good system of park and ride buses. Askam Bar is a good one right next to a huge Tescos so you can park up in the morning, free car park and then get your picnic things for taking with you, very nice to picnic by the river when it is not flooded or in Museum gardens with its very tame squirrels. And then in the evening you can have your dinner at the cafe in Tesco or at least a snack meal to keep you going until dinner time.

My gang are older now so we have to pay adult fares on the park and ride so we tend to drive into the city very early and use the car park right at the end of Gillygate which is only about 5 minites walk into the city.

The railway museum is the best free thing in the city, excellent amusement when the wether is inclement, loads going on, very busy. We have not tried the York Wheel yet but it looks good, worth the money.

There is also a free guided walk of the city by guides, check with the tourist information - I think this might be Wednesday mornings - it is very long and tiring though but very interesting. I think this might be the worst bit, all the walking about that seems to be normal in York - our legs ache for days afterwards.

I think that there are plenty of discount vouchers for York Dungeons but go very early, huge queues down the street - same for the yorvik centre, queues down the street. The smell in there is terrible, only been once!

Mary
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    This link has got discount vouchers to print off for loads of places in the north including Cliffords Tower and yorkboat

http://www.premiertravelinn.com/pti/offersList.do?region=North&category=all

Mary
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure