had a call from bauer media

had a call about half an hour ago from 08452863002, the person asked for me but my oh decided i didnt want to speak and said i wasnt in...i was sat 5ft away!

she said it was from bauer media about a promotion and would ring back tomorrow. i just always associate bauer media with magazine wins, am i just going to get a call back trying to sell me a magazine subscription :(
i tried ringing it back but it was just a prerecorded message saying they had recently tried to contact me regarding a promotion and would ring back, if i didnt want to be contacted again i could have my name removed from future calls or something like that.
dont know what he was thinking, i am quite capable of dealing with callers myself, now i will just be thinking i have won something amazing and in reality i will be soooooo disappointed tomorrow

what do you think have you all been called by these thing to sell something?
Compers challenge 2024 wins!!!!....

Comments

• zray
    zray Posts: 1,110
    First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/08452863002

I have the number blocked as its selling you stuff
  • nutunit
    nutunit Posts: 625 Forumite
    I got one yesterday, but nobody rang back. My husband also said I was not available. Thanks for warning.
  • lucinad
    lucinad Posts: 5,266
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    zray wrote: »
    http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/08452863002

I have the number blocked as its selling you stuff
    thanks at least i can stop my mind going wild!
  • bishopsgirl
    bishopsgirl Posts: 1,817
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Just had a call from 08452863002 . It was Country Walking Magazine offering 3 issues for £1.

I declined.
    Be Lucky Everyone
  • lucinad
    Forumite
    Just had a call from 08452863002 . It was Country Walking Magazine offering 3 issues for £1.

I declined.

so almost as good as a home cinema!!! hee hee
  • paulspx
    paulspx Posts: 961 Forumite
    had a few calls from 0845 numbers lately all asking for magazine subscriptions :mad:
  • Mercer
    Mercer Posts: 396
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    i won a golf set from one of bauer magazines and they notified me by email and i got a phone call from the sponsor. ive had several phone calls from bauer and they were always magazine promotions
  • lucinad
    Forumite
    Mercer wrote: »
    i won a golf set from one of bauer magazines and they notified me by email and i got a phone call from the sponsor. ive had several phone calls from bauer and they were always magazine promotions

yeah i have had a few wins from bauer media and i have always received a letter, just let my mind get carried away
  • samsmam
    samsmam Posts: 43 Forumite
    I have had 3 calls from this number in the last couple of days they were all trying to get me to buy a magazine subscription :(
  • I had a call last night a 9pm from this number. They said they were calling from Your Horse (which is an equine magazine that I am already subscribed too) the man asked me if I wanted 3 magazines for £5. At first I thought great, but then they asked me for my account details and I thought hummm this sounds a bit dodgy. I told them I was busy cooking and they said they would call back the next morning. And they did without fail call back. I told them I was already subscribed and they soon put the phone down before I even had chance to ask where they had got my details from. So beware!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure