The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

Cheap theatre ticket discussion

Comments

• anyone know what happened to Footloose The Musical?
    my kids loved that.....
    Please take the time to have a look around my Daughter's website www.daisypalmertrust.co.uk
    (MSE Andrea says ok!)
  • Enjoy a night at the theatre for free at venues across the UK if you are under 26.
    Whats the deal?

Get free tickets to see a theatre show of your choice if you are under 26, with the new 'A Night Less Ordinary' scheme from the Arts Council England.

Over 200 venues across the UK will be giving away thousands of tickets to anyone under 26 who fancies a free evening at the theatre.

A great array of events will be available, from comedies and tragedies to modern mime and live circus.
    How do I benefit?

Visit A Night Less Ordinary and type in your postcode to find a participating theatre near you. (www.anightlessordinary.org.uk)
    You can then visit the site of your chosen venue, have a look at what's on offer, and book your free tickets online or by phone.
    Expiry

This offer is valid until March 2011.
    Conditions

To be eligible for free tickets you must be aged 25 or under.
    Tickets are subject to availability.
    For full terms and conditions of the scheme see your chosen venue's website
  • ali1972
    ali1972 Posts: 599 Forumite
    anyone know what happened to Footloose The Musical?
    my kids loved that.....

Think it's on tour somewhere. Certainly it was due to go out on the road last year.
    Yeah, whatever. I'm a grown up, I can take it...
  • May I add my wholehearted recommendation to join the AudienceClub. Xlnt service, fantastic selection of shows.:T:T
  • I can thoroughly recommend Whatsonstage.com as a group that's worth joining. Pay for the full £30 p.a fee and not only will you receive the monthly hardcopy of what's coming up in the theatre world, together with your weekly email update but you will have some incredible value for money evenings. Outings where you get top price seats, a free drink and programme and meet the cast (in may cases enoying a drink with them after the show or sitting in on a Q & A session) for circa £30. There are also many free shows offered up (£3 handling fee)- last one we saw was Mark Little in 'Defending the Caveman' and possibly the best were the freebies to the O2 to see Andrea Botcelli perform (face value on tickets was £125!!). Spread the word
  • Has anyone tried booking the Spring Awakening offer on Hit The Theatre? It's best seats for only £20 (plus a £1.50 booking fee).

I'm canvassing opinion as keen to know where our clients are coming from on this one!

Thanks,

Will.

Hit The Theatre
  • ali1972
    ali1972 Posts: 599 Forumite
    TKTS were offering seats for Spring Awakening this morning.
    Yeah, whatever. I'm a grown up, I can take it...
  • In Scotland folk under 26 can get tickets for 10 pounds. You go to the Scottish opera website and click the link for under 26's. Sorry but I can't post links!
  • lorweld
    lorweld Posts: 5,546
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    MOVING THREADS FOR BETTER RESPONSES

Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere (please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL]
    :hello:
  • Pride London as doing a bunch of discounts for West End Shows. I have just seen Priscilla thanks with the best seats in the house for £40 and no booking fee instead of nearly £70. Not bad.

Also have offers on Sister Act, La Cage, Barbra and Liza Live, Naked Boys Singing, F**king Men and a few more.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure