Temporary council work... official MoneySavingExpert.com discussion

2»

Comments

• Techno
    Techno Posts: 1,169 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    2nd of May in Wales - would think rest of UK is about the same time
    ;) If you think you are too small to make a difference, try getting in bed with a mosquito!
  • Techno wrote: »
    2nd of May in Wales - would think rest of UK is about the same time

Actually the election is on !st May, but I expect it to go well into the 2nd(I'm a candidate!)
    Blagged: free samples of handwash from Molton Brown; booklet of walks from Brecon Carreg;
    Free Diabetes monitor, free bee-friendly seeds, a MINI coin and a splash-proof book from Radox.:T
  • Every council has an electoral registration office. If your interested in counting on the night of the local/general elections you'd need to apply about 2 months before hand. It's £52 here in pie eating country. (sorry murph to mention pies!)
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Tellmenow wrote: »
    You can start up a home based business. This will help bring in additional income.

Spam. Reported.
    Gone ... or have I?
  • Li0nhead
    Li0nhead Posts: 16,922 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Tellmenow wrote: »
    You can start up a home based business. This will help bring in additional income.

So the local authority will pay me to start a home based business...... If your going to spam a thread at least spam a thread you have read the title of. idiot.
    Hi there! We’ve had to remove your signature. It was so good we removed it because we cannot think of one so good as you had and need to protect others from seeing such a great signature.
  • Techno
    Techno Posts: 1,169 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Actually the election is on !st May, but I expect it to go well into the 2nd(I'm a candidate!)
    I'll be a bit late then going on the 2nd :rotfl: :rotfl:
    Where are you standing Mrs M North, South or Mid?
    ;) If you think you are too small to make a difference, try getting in bed with a mosquito!
  • Iain_M
    Iain_M Posts: 23 Forumite
    Although there are some local council elections this year, the next countrywide elections are for the European Parliamentary elections on Thursday 4 June 2009.

Polling staff will be required that day (polling hours for all elections are 7am to 10pm), but in addition staff will be required for the count, which is divided into two tasks:
    a) the verification count which involved counting the number of ballot papers in the box as compared to the number reported as having been issued by the polling staff. Depending on the decision of each Council's Local Returning Officer this task will either be from 10pm on Thursday 4 June or from 9am on Friday 5 June;
    b) the actual counting of votes by candidate/party will be on Sunday 7 June from 6pm – this is to ensure that any declaration of result in the UK occurs after the close of polls across Europe and avoids any chance of influencing voters in other countries.

Ahead of the polling day the council will also be looking to employ people during normal office hours to both issue and receive postal votes.

To register your interest in election work you should contact the Elections Office at your local council as they will start allocating jobs from now onwards– don’t leave it until May or you would probably be too late for the June elections. If you are not sure of the contact details for your local office you can find out by entering your postcode on this website http://www.aboutmyvote.co.uk/

It is important to note that if you are not employed by your Council that you would be a new employee, and Section 8 of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 requires all potential employees to provide documentary evidence to confirm their eligibility to work in the UK. If you wish to be employed at elections you would need to show originals of the following items:

A valid passport or a full birth certificate;
    Plus
    Proof of National Insurance number (e.g. P60, P45, payslip, correspondence from Inland Revenue, etc.)

These cannot be copies. If you are anxious about sending the items through the post you could call and book an appointment at your local Elections Office and take in your documents and at the same time register your interest in any election work.
  • Just an added thought to resurrect this thread...

How about traffic enumeration?...

I used to count cars for Hampshire County Council and got paid £90+ per 12 hr survey.

I think you contact the environment/traffic section of your local council.

Does anyone know of any other casual bank work for the council...
  • Nosht
    Nosht Posts: 744 Forumite
    I heard last week that the General Election is to be 6th. May.

N.
    Never be afraid to take a profit. ;)
    Keep breathing. :eek:
    Just because I am surrounded by FOOLS does not make me wise. :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.9K Work, Benefits & Business