MCO Capital loan

Comments

• Hi all
    I too have the same letter from these £300.00 + £213.00 I reported it to Action Fraud (Jeff) and was told they could do nothing as I had lost no money!!! and further could not confirm if others had complained due to Data protection act!
    Overall not a helpfull situation.
    I have also rung and filed the complaint at Consumer direct(08454040506) and the my local police.
    This is being covered on other forums on here too just do a search in forums. Seems quite a big scam, I wonder if they paid their postage? I assume the police can track them via the franking machine details unless it was stolen of course!
  • I was alerted by my identity protection co that MCO Capital Ltd has done a search against my credit record for a personal loan application. I had never heard of them before finding this forum and have not made any loan applications. I have tried contacting them and left my name and number but no-one has got back to me. I will also try email. The information on here has been very helpful.
  • Hi Millau,

Just got following e-mail from MCO:-

Good Afternoon

Thank you for your email which has been duly noted.

Please be advised that we have closed the account and MCO Capital Ltd will investigate this matter. You will not receive any further correspondence from us.

regards

Alessandro

This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program.

Didn't expect this -thought it was a scam but then why send this reply? Perhaps Action Fraud (have spoken with Phil and Lee, there's only 8 in the office) are correct, The fraud is on MCO. Action Fraud incidentally told me they had many calls from people with this letter. Data Protection doesn't apply when assisting a Government or Police body with collecting criminal evidence. They also said there will be a bulletin on their web-site soon - so keep logging on. So hopefully panic over, am still trying to get Companies House Investigations branch involved, as MCO are trading illegally whatever has happened and technically speaking they should be shut down.

Keep in touch through the forum.
  • trimac
    trimac Posts: 11 Forumite
    Hi grahamqat

Could you tell me email address you contacted MCO on. I've sent off an email to their help desk but as of yet have not received a reply. Thanks
  • Sent to to: 'helpdesk@helploan.co.uk' also 'helpdesk@balanceloan.co.uk' - Both these were on their letter.

Probably a good idea to send e-mail as if you get a response you have some proof of negligence. Keep us posted on this forum. Please also copy klflosser
    - did you register with CIFAS?

• trimac
    Thanks for your reply

I sent an email to 'helpdesk@helploan.co.uk' on saturday afternoon but as yet no reply. I'll send one off to the helpdesk on balanceloan. Klflosser???? Me being thick I think and no I haven't registered with CIFAS but I'll certainly look into it. Have you read comment 15 (mine ) on the other thread on this subject. Must admit comment 18 on that thread has me slightly confused.
  • Hi Trimac - ref to klflosser was someone else who posted after you - seemed to have been alerted by an ID protection scheme. Just wondered if it was CIFAS? - this was pointed out to me by Action Fraud Line. Will have a look at other threads - keep posting - it's nice to know you haven't been singalled, others are in the same spot.
  • trimac
    The warning was probably generated from being a paying member of creditexpert (experian) I think which notifies you when a credit search is done on you.
  • Hi again Trimac - didn't realise there was another thread, thanks - wouldn't have started this one if I had realised. Just found a site on Google on Saturday and registered then posted on this forum. Just relieved to find I was one of many, not singalled out, more of a phone book scam it would seem. Seem to be several theories at the moment: MCO have been frauded using ID fraud, MCO proper has been hijacked by scammers, MCO is running the scam. I think the second one is favourite. The e-mail addresses seem legit as their IP addresses look OK, the phone numbers don't. The root 0844 number checks out at 3p/minute, but it forwards on to voicemail on another number. (wish I hadn't phoned them now). Only thing against this is that some people seem to have got a reply? Keep posting, we'll get it sorted!
  • trimac
    The thing against a phone book type scam is that the guy I spoke to at MCO (if it was indeed them) knew my date of birth (which is part of the online application process). I actually phoned them and got a reply on a different number to the one shown on the letter. The guy I spoke to gave me the number of their fraud section which turned out to be the telephone number shown on the original letter. It gets more and more confusing. Read 19 and 20 on the other thread if you haven't already done so.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure