Cheapest place to buy MAC makeup?

Comments

• mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 1,252 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    for vivid colours and staying power would recommend using an eyeshadow primer - the one by Urban decay, primer potion is amazing! I have quite oily lids, and eyeshadow used to crease within an hour on me, but with this stuff, eyeshadows stays on all night with no creasing or dulling, and it makes even cheap eyeshadows look amazing.

It might be worth buying neutral colours from mac that you can use with everything else - e.g. highlighter, gold, and browns..
    We got rid of the kids. The cat was allergic. ;)

Debt at LBM (Sep 07): £13,500. Current debt: [STRIKE]£680[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£480[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£560[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£13[/STRIKE] £0 overdraft :D
    Current aims - to start building up savings
    1st £1000 in 100 days - £1178.03 :D 2nd £1053.38/£1000 :D 3rd £863.59/£1000 :o
    :j
  • alias123
    alias123 Posts: 160 Forumite
    I second all those that recommend Barry M. Only just recently disovered the range and find the colours more intense than some of the Mac shades.
  • hieveryone
    hieveryone Posts: 3,845 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Also, don't shell out for expensive eyeshadow primers, use Milk of Magnesia. :D

Bought is to buy. Brought is to bring.
  • FairyShazza
    FairyShazza Posts: 1,279 Forumite
    My tips for getting vivid colour on eyes would be....

To always use an eyeshadow primer - they really do work and aren't just a gimmic. I use Urban Decay Primer Potion and it helps colour go on better and stay there.

I love MAC pigments but as the others have said you can't get cheap MAC. If its cheap it's bound to be fake. I also love Barry M Dazzle dusts and I bought an 88 colour palette from Coastal Scents which has some amazing colours all of which have great staying power and pigmentation - for someone just starting to experiment with bright eyeshadows this is a great little kit.

I watch a lot of tutorials on You Tube on how to apply bold and colourful make up and look at pictures on Flickr. On You Tube look for MissChevious and Panacea81 and on Flickr look for PandaCatBaby.

I think when you are just starting to experiment with eye colour it's best to use cheaper brands to experiment. If I find a colour that I really like and am using a lot in a cheaper brand I will then splash out on the MAC equivalent.
    One day Rodney we'll be millionaires
    £2020 in 2020 - Running Total £17
  • hieveryone
    This seller: (and some others on ebay) sell palettes which are uncannily like Coastal Scents, and rumours in the 'beauty world' are that they are one and the same:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160385460267&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_5741wt_939

(they also do eyeshadow palettes and blushes etc)

• love makeup (google it!) do discounted MAC and other ranges - not massive discounts but decent enough
    also I don't know where you are, but Cheshire Oaks often have reduced end of line MAC in
  • hieveryone
    Brighthair - you should NOT have showed that website :( They sell NYX too , oh god I'm in trouble!!

• haha - *not enabling at all!*

specktra.net - great advice on make up
    fyrinnae.com - great pigments
    frontcovercosmetics.com - all good stuff

Boundary Mill also sells reduced NYX makeup
    Sleek and Barry M are great, and so are Collection 2000 glitter gel liners
  • daisybella
    daisybella Posts: 3,713 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Oh, like someone else mentioned a Primer will help show the colours better. Urban decay primer potion is the best, but expensive...

E.L.F's mineral eye primer is £3.50 and certainly comparable in terms of staying power :)
  • hieveryone
    Brighthair have you used cherry culture before? I'm not sure how reliable their shipping is?

Sorry to hijack thread! x

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family