Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    chappy wrote:
    How much is it ?

And has anyone got the link to the Aldi website that it was advertised on

Thanks

cancel that just found it on the grab it board

Sorry chappy, I omitted the most important detail :o
    This site has saved me a fortune :money: ...it's also cost me a fortune! :doh:
    © Tharweb 2006 :D
  • nigbus
    nigbus Posts: 15 Forumite
    Can anyone help? I've just had a problem with this mp3 player. When I plug into pc I get message "usb device not recognized" Any ideas?
  • The only thing to note is that it doesn't say if it'll play DRM files.

Something to consider if you plan or currently use the UK music download sites.
    Dave. :wave:
  • Muz_2
    Muz_2 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Re USB device working in the back ports of a PC only. Some PC's seem to only be able to support USB 1 in the front ports so any USB 2 devices have to be plugged in in the rear sockets.
  • We have just bought (35GBP) the 1GB Tevion MP3 player that Aldi now have on offer (13/7), which sounds like a later version of that detailed by Tharweb last year.

It looks good and sounds good, but we don't seem able too find anything about 'folders' in the manual, and all our songs downloaded to it so far appear as a single numbered sequence, even though we have created them in individual album folders in the 'removable disk' that it appears as on our PC (XP home). It's not too bad finding tracks at the moment with 30-ish on board, but it will become a nightmare in the future unless we sort it.
    I cannot find anything on the Web regarding this unit. Can anyone help?

Also, the Aldi website mentioned about two 'fm headsets' being supplied with this unit - but our unit came with one, standard headset! I am not quite sure how the player can get power out through the audio connection to the headset, so I can only imagine that a 'fm headset' would have a small tuner+battery built into the leads.
    Has anyone bought a unit with 2 headsets, or even better 'fm headsets' - whatever they are!
  • C_Ronaldo
    C_Ronaldo Posts: 4,732
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    the price for the latest mp3 in aldi is £34.99
    No Links in Signature by site rules - MSE Forum Team 2
  • Re the problems with the Tevion MP3 player I agree with simonsdad that it is a good unit let down by a poor instruction book. There is no mention of folders in the instruction book though it states on the box that the unit has a folder structure.

How do you get in touch with Aldi for help? I'm not too sure the girl at the counter would be able to help.

Anyone know how to access folders on this unit?
  • C_Ronaldo
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    is there no number in the manual

write to head office, the address would be on the receipt
  • C_Ronaldo
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    simonsdad wrote:
    We have just bought (35GBP) the 1GB Tevion MP3 player that Aldi now have on offer (13/7), which sounds like a later version of that detailed by Tharweb last year.

It looks good and sounds good, but we don't seem able too find anything about 'folders' in the manual, and all our songs downloaded to it so far appear as a single numbered sequence, even though we have created them in individual album folders in the 'removable disk' that it appears as on our PC (XP home). It's not too bad finding tracks at the moment with 30-ish on board, but it will become a nightmare in the future unless we sort it.
    I cannot find anything on the Web regarding this unit. Can anyone help?

Also, the Aldi website mentioned about two 'fm headsets' being supplied with this unit - but our unit came with one, standard headset! I am not quite sure how the player can get power out through the audio connection to the headset, so I can only imagine that a 'fm headset' would have a small tuner+battery built into the leads.
    Has anyone bought a unit with 2 headsets, or even better 'fm headsets' - whatever they are!

simonsdad

re the supposedly 2 headsets with the mp3 player and only 1 in the box, if you contact the store where you got 1 from they will sort you out with one,
  • Yes, there is a number in the manual.....00800 77 77 88 89. Ar first they tried to deny that the mp3 player handled folders but when I pointed out that there is a menu labelled Navigation that is not mentioned in the manual they said they would look into it and would contact me with the result.

To get to Navigation press the menu button and it says 'Play Music', push the menu button to the left and it says 'Navigation' ,push the menu button again and you get a folder. That is as far as I get, I have tried every button but cannot change the folder. It goes to something called 'Root'.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure