abbey mortgage - waiting time ?

2»

Comments

• GMS
    GMS Posts: 5,388
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    kingstreet wrote: »
    Your adviser should have taken responsibility for all this, IMHO. The minute my clients start ringing the lender direct I'll know I'm not doing my job properly.

Agree 100%. No way should a client ever need to contact a lender when an adviser is handling the application.

Is there an issue with the Homebuy scheme? Also it will be classed as a new build flat which will not help matters.

That aside it is not your responsibility to chase if it is a broker application.

Unless you mean an 'adviser' from Abbey?
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • Riq
    Riq Posts: 10,430 Forumite
    kingstreet wrote: »
    No. You'll get an accept or decline decision if it's gone to underwriting. Then they'll instruct the valuer.
    Excellent. Are we talking days or weeks for a decision do you know?

Suppose it depends on workload to be fair.
    "I'm not from around here, I have my own customs"
    For confirmation: No, I'm not a 40 year old woman, I'm a 26 year old bloke!
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,688
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Riq wrote: »
    Excellent. Are we talking days or weeks for a decision do you know?

Suppose it depends on workload to be fair.
    It depends on the case and the workload. Depending on the issue, they might come back to ask for more documentation. Hopefully, you'll just get an acceptance and off it will go for valuation.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • Shinkansen
    Shinkansen Posts: 20 Forumite
    No, it was an Independent Mortgage Advisor. I have to use one as part of the terms of the HomeBuy scheme. I agree with you totally.

My solicitor obviously lost her rag waiting and contacted Santander directly. They tried to tell her they faxed her a new VALUATION (not a letter of variance) on the 19th April. Obviously this never ocurred. The next day (6th May) it magically appeared out of their fax machine. Hallelujiah. Probably only 2 weeks till completion and just the 10 weeks of delay so far.

Absolutely disgusted. Massive complaint letter faxed off and CC'd to the Financial Ombudsman.
  • Ours has been very quick!

Valuation was done within a week of applying offer through the door within 4 working days!

Fingers crossed everything else runs as smooth!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure