Ideal World TV shopping - muppets!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just ordered a Kenwood Chef from Ideal World shopping channel. I had a voucher sent in the mail last week for a £5 discount which would at least cover a bit of the P&P. I couldn't find it when I ordered initially so I called after I made the order which was confirmed by email.

I called to see if they would deduct the voucher value off the order value and when I did so, the idiot that I spoke to, who obviously didn't speak a great deal of English, cancelled my order and said he couldn't do the deduction so he cancelled the order and that the product was now sold out.

What a blundering idiot. Thanks a bunch, MUPPETS.
“Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” - Oscar Wilde

Comments

• rdwarr
    rdwarr Posts: 6,159
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Forumite
    You should have ordered a Swedish Chef ;)
    Can I help?
  • kitekat
    kitekat Posts: 1,283
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Ideal World have a history of making c**k ups check out their site on shoppingtelly.com.
  • Smiley_Mum
    Smiley_Mum Posts: 3,836
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    This gets worse, they have now billed me for the order which was apparently cancelled. They confirmed in the email that the order would be delivered within 14 days and now they say that they can't deliver within that timescale and can't track the order. I called to cancel the order and got a complete idiot on the phone who said he couldn't cancel the order as it had been despatched but was unable to give me a delivery date. I said I wanted to cancel the order as it is for a birthday present. If they can't deliver within the originally specified timescale then it is going to be late, so I want to cancel the order and order from somewhere else more reliable.

He stated (the idiot) that I couldn't cancel the order. I said I wanted the money refunded back to my credit card and the order cancelled or I would be contacting Trading Standards but they state that they can't do that.

They gave me a Parcel Force tracking number claiming that they despatched the product, not so....

Called Parcel Force and they said that they went on the 29th to collect the product but there was a "problem". The tracking number comes up with no information when it is input into the system. They've collected the money, they can't confirm a delivery date etc and they won't let me cancel.

Do yourself a favour....

DON'T TOUCH IDEAL SHOPPING WITH A BARGEPOLE.

Customer Services sucks big time....

Total bunch of idiots and I won't be ordering again... ever!!!!!!!!!!
    “Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” - Oscar Wilde
  • kitekat
    kitekat Posts: 1,283
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    My first purchase a couple of years ago was a ring it looked like something out of a lucky bag and to top it all the claws that hold the stone in place were like razors and cut my finger,so much so ive never shopped with them since and never will,its cheap shoddy market place goods they sell.
  • Smiley_Mum
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Contacted Ideal World who claim that the parcel has been despatched.

Can I just say, that's a load of baloney. Parcelforce are still waiting for the parcel to be despatched, they went to collect on the 29th and they didn't receive anything to despatch. So WHERE is my parcel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Checked 3/4/07

12.57pm - Nothing showing for the parcel tracking number. They (Ideal World Customer Services) claimed initially that the product was despatched on the 28th of March, then it changed to the 29th. Parcelforce told me that they had a collection on the 29th but there was nothing available from Ideal World to collect.
  • Smiley_Mum
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Parcelforce delivered the parcel, they didn't knock at the door or anything - I was in. Just dumped it at my door, it could have been nicked if it hadn't of been for my neighbour taking it in. She just came around with it just now. Just looked at the electronic signature and it's just the delivery driver's initials. Apparently despatched on the 28th of March, delivered on the 5th of April, taken in by neighbour (thankfully) and received on the 6th. So much for 48 hour delivery. The goods arrived in the end but what a flipping palavver.
  • As a student I have spent many a night watching in amazement at the tosh they always try and flog on ideal world, and have been close to making a purchase before but have always managed to constrain myself.

However, when we were watching on 3rd/4th June my fella and I liked to look of a health grill that was on sale (a palson magnum health grill), and after looking it up online, even with the p&p it was a GREAT deal so we decided to go for it, throw caution to the wind.

When I got through on the telephone I had to register and took a note of my customer and order numbers, and was told it would be with me in 5-10 days.

Two weeks later on 19th June I relised we still hadn't recieved the grill, so I gave them a ring on the customer service line to see what was happening. I was told they had dispatched the item the day it was ordered (I think this is unlikely) and that the problem was with the couriers. They were unable to tell me who was the courier of the grill and that they had to "raise the paperwork" with the couriers and it could take three or four days to do this.

I thought I might receive a phonecall to let me know what the situation was, but on Friday 22nd I had to call them again. I then called on Sunday 24th to see what was going on and asked to speak to a supervisor or manager but was told there wasn't one on shift, and that my details would be forwarded and looked at immediately the next day.

Again, no phonecall back, so I called them again today (26th June) and was told the systems were down and the level of service would not be up to scratch so could they call me back later? I made sure they had my correct mobile AND landline numbers and waited on a call ALL day. By the time I got home this evening I was too late to phone c/m services again, but I will be calling every day until I get my grill!!!

To be fair, I have not experienced the level of rudeness described by many other people with coplaints, but neither have I had any help whatsoever.

If anyone knows what I can do about this or has any other advice, PLEASE tell me!!!!

Gemma
  • oldagetraveller
    oldagetraveller Posts: 3,653 Forumite
    Remember not to use their 0871 premium rate money spinner, use 01733 887123 for CS.
  • jockettuk
    jockettuk Posts: 5,809 Forumite
    they based in peterborough and i used to live there a couple of times i had problems with items and if got nowere on the phone i went down and created merryhell.. the poor security guards got the brunt of it but it worked and i got it sorted,, even got some freebies for my trouble..

use the number above it gets you through to peterborough cs with whom you should be able to understand what you and they are saying..
    Those we love don't go away,They walk beside us every day,Unseen, unheard, but always near,
    Still loved, still missed and very dear
    Our thoughts are ever with you,Though you have passed away.And those who loved you dearly,
    Are thinking of you today.
  • Thanks for the help guys... much appreciated - I called that number today and initially got put through to the overseas c/m services, but after nearly losing my rag with the "supervisor" who couldn't access my details and being fobbed off I called the same number again and spoke to someone in the UK.

She took all my details and did spin a bit of bull crap (about bloody upgrades and new systems) and when she said to call back in 48 hours (from today, Wednesday), she implied I should wait until Monday - AARRGGHH!!!! Will this never end?

Anyhoo, thanks again for the iput and I will keep this posted - *I just want my grill* :(..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure